• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade deadline

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's in the better position regarding trades?

the sox? the sox are in last place for a reason (ty kw). the guys they need to move most have the most ridiculous contracts. i don't see any team out there desperate enough to take those players PLUS the salaries that go along with them. so the sox would have to pay.

the teams looking for players? why should they offer much of anything since they know the sox HAVE to get rid of them? i presume that nothing much has happened yet (except for thornton ... and they had to pay cash there too) because the sox are asking for more than another team knows they have to pay. sox will fold at the deadline just to dump players. they'll lose a bundle and won't get much of anything in return.

i know. it's not a pretty picture. but this is what the dork let kw do to this team. many of us saw this 2 or 3 years ago and it blows my mine the dork still did nothing to stop it. the contract to danks proved that he is completely out of touch ... under kenny's spell ... doesn't give a shit!

SELL THIS TEAM! :pray:

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about the exact same thing last nite when I made a post. We really do not have "any tradeable bait" to put out there. other than Sale, on this team that any GM, in their right mind, would want to entertain.

The Sox are in the proverbial quagmire right now and nowhere to go. I do know one thing ... we have to replenish the farm system with some real baseball players and stop just drafting "athletes". We have been lucky with keeping the pitching stocked, but it sure would be nice to get some home-grown, offensively-capable players that can hit, a real leadoff hitter and get some speed down there.

:2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and of course our last best trade piece (rios) goes out with a foot injury literally hours before the trade deadline. wow! going from a luck filled season last year to this incredible mess. :wtf2:

WinningFugly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I was hoping they'd keep Peavy. And was hoping they'd deal Rios, Alexie, Dunn, etc. I pray Rios goes. ONe - he's blocking this supposed stud in AAA and two he's boring and passive. Alexei is a mess this year. This team needs new blood on offense. The three Red Sox guys are distant periferal at best. So basically this RF better be worth Jake.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs a new FO ... period! What I would give for somebody like Billy Beane! At this point, I say sell them all ... but, for cyring out loud, get something in return! No more stupid, lengthy, worthless contracts on hopefuls or wannabes. I say replenish the system with some offense and skilled players. We have the pitching (well, at least for now anyway) ... it's the offense that soooo suxxxxx!

Last edited by a moderator:

ChiefsNuggetsSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would find it really hard to not see another player traded today, eat Rios salary for this season and send him to Pittsburgh, they have to realize in a trade, if you want great prospects you have to eat salary, if you don't want to eat salary you won't get great prospects. You very rarely receive both.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something i do not understand ...

the "experts" keep saying rios makes WAY too much money Trade Deadline: Staying Or Going? - ESPN Video - ESPN to be traded!!! from what I can see he will make $12.5 in '14M and a $1M team option buyout in '15. in what sports world is this too much money for a guy who will hit .270/280; 20/25 homeruns; and knock in 80/90 runs while playing a more than decent right field?

some one help me ... am i off base here? :wtf2:

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something i do not understand ...

the "experts" keep saying rios makes WAY too much money Trade Deadline: Staying Or Going? - ESPN Video - ESPN to be traded!!! from what I can see he will make $12.5 in '14M and a $1M team option buyout in '15. in what sports world is this too much money for a guy who will hit .270/280; 20/25 homeruns; and knock in 80/90 runs while playing a more than decent right field?

some one help me ... am i off base here? :wtf2:

The Yankmees would be stupid to not go after a guy like Rios with all of the injuries they have suffered and another team that is struggling to get any type of hitting. But hey, maybe Cashman has written this team off ... ? ? ?

:2cents: :noidea:

ChiefsNuggetsSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little upset with how Rick Hahn handled this. He could have been the Cubs and pulled in quite a load from the Rangers, maybe not as much but some solid prospects and pieces. He waited till we were 20 games under .500 to starting shopping. We could have moved everybody but he waited way to long to start dealing. Not satisfied with our returns this year.

ChiefsNuggetsSox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rios leaves comfort of White Sox business office, say "Lets Play Ball"

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm satisfied with the return on Peavy - they took a ton of money off the payroll and got a decent return. Just the first step in restocking that minor league system that's been pillaged for so long.

As for Rios, when we took his contract off of Toronto's hands 4 years ago I remember people thinking the Sox made the mistake because his contract was too big for what he was worth. That and the trend lately seems to be to place more value on cheaper, younger talent than veterans who've realized their potential and are being paid 8 figures.

AlexeiRamirez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello idseer finally made the switch over here...anyway regarding your post yeah it's a real shame we couldn't move Rios by the deadline...the sooner we dump all these guys the sooner we can look to the future of seeing something worth while on that field...been a very unbearable season to watch. I can't remember a SOX team this bad ever to be honest.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey alexei! glad you joined. wish a few more would follow. perhaps next year when there's a little more to say than just almost everything is terrible. hard to get excited and keep posting when your team is SO in the toilet. only thing to talk about is who to get rid of and the continuing garbage that is our 'brass' from the manager on up.

i continue to hope the team is sold. i believe that is the only way we will contend again. :pray:

AlexeiRamirez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks and yeah I'm with ya on that comment...in selling the team. I see Chris Sale finally got a win...damn shame watching that guy go out there and pitch his butt off to get no run support whatsoever. Been a big circus around ARod this series soo kinda not even watching it bcuz there's nothing at stake to play for for this team just happened to hear it over the radio on the way home. What kind of ideas do you have that would quickly improve this team? I think we need a new manager to be honest...guy has no fire and seems unable to motivate this team. They went from one of the best teams defensively to damn near the worst...to me that raises a big red flag with the skipper.