• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guy, Ben wasn't giving you anything running 5 on 5 at the local YMCA.

You got addition and subtraction.

You added a top 10 player and subtracted a distraction.

chill-out-calm-down.gif
I’ll be a Kool Aid drinking Sixers fan with delusional level buy in by tomorrow morning (or sooner if Morey can get some shooting before 3 pm) but I need this catharsis right now. Morey blinked and I’ll go to my grave believing he didn’t have to. I think the Nets were going to deal Harden regardless. Simmons alone improved their roster but giving them Curry and solid 5 and two picks that allows them to go out and get more just hooked it up for Brooklyn. And I’ll be real. I have never hated a Philly athlete to the level I hate Ben Simmons and I seriously think this son of a bitch gets a ring now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I'm not even knocking the trade either man. Don't know what his issue is tbh.
Yeah it's both for good teams, it sucks being a fan of team in the East especially since the Cavs were looking good and Nets stumbling. This sucks

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Harden pulls a Jimmy and leave Philly in the offseason

raider bill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Lord.. sixers traded Seth Curry not Steph Curry

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit I'm not even knocking the trade either man. Don't know what his issue is tbh.
I am, peak Harden is gone. Now we have malcontent Harden that complains when the refs don't give him 20 free throws anymore.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's both for good teams, it sucks being a fan of team in the East especially since the Cavs were looking good and Nets stumbling. This sucks

Cavs biggest thing for them this year is to get playoff experience. Team is just so young that they need to get the feel of things come playoff time. I doubt they're a first round exit, but even if they are some highly competitive games will be very important to their long term success.

Just like when the Warriors in 2013 went to the 2nd round of the playoffs and lost to the Spurs. Took them to 6 games. That was a major catalyst for them. It lead them to snagging their biggest free agent in years in Andre Iguodala. The rest is history.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously doubling down when you're way behind is probably not the best way to do things. Just take a minute to actually read some things on here first instead of just running through a brick wall for Daryl Morey.

When did I say that Curry was a throw away?

You said that Curry was a "vital" player to have. You said that Curry is a better "floor spacer" which is kinda absurd. Being an effective 3 point shooter that can't create his own shot doesn't make you an elite floor spacer. Being a ball handler that has elite vision that can hit a pull up 3 or distribute from anywhere on the court is what makes you an effective floor spacer.

Curry is a 10 year vet who was pretty much always a bench player that was able to be more effective when player with an MVP level player. But catch and shoot role players are not exactly rare.

I would have preferred to keep Curry. But, truth be told, I was on the fence on whether to deal Curry or Green. Because I know Green is a willing shooter. The Sixers were 28th in 3 point attempts this year. 28th.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3