• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacers claim they aint trading Turner

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the picks Philly gave up, the one this year is not worth much. Yes they hit on Maxey and Thybulle with later picks, but that is the exception, not the rule. The future one is more concerning potentially, so glad it has some protections.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't need to, can opt out.

He reportedly signed his option for next year as part of the trade. That means he cannot opt out this summer, but could opt out after next season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to slag on Simmons. He has a ton of great skills.

But he shot 30% from the stripe in the playoffs last year. That is the WORST in NBA history, of qualifying players.

I'm sure he will shoot better than that but having a ball handler who can only shoot 50% at the stripe is a problem.

When he shoots around 70%, which he would do in spurts, he is a near unstoppable force. When he shoots in the 40s, which he also does in spurts, he's largely invisible.
No, I get it.

My only point is, they don't need him to contribute by scoring.

They have tons of it.

If the score is tight at the end of games, it could be a issue because of hack a Ben.

But, the score has to be close.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, read my post before you just smash the keyboard.

I didn't say Seth was anywhere near better than Harden as a player. You were mentioning him as basically a throw away so no big deal. I said that generally with a big man who is as dominant as Embiid you want floor spacers around him. So retaining Curry AND obtaining Harden would have been ideal. You said Harden was as good of a shooter as Curry. I said he is not, which is true.

And I also said HOW THEY GET THEIR SHOTS is different.

Seriously, take a minute to actually read and comprehend something before just going off, lol.

Perhaps start at the beginning with you saying that the Sixers gave up a lot and I said that the talk was that they needed to give up MORE than they did, just a week ago.

Seth Curry is a good player to have. But to call him a vital piece is a stretch. Because he provides one thing, perimeter shooting. He does that well but one dimensional players that play 0 defense are not vital pieces.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I get it.

My only point is, they don't need to to contribute by scoring.

They have tons of it.

If the score is tight at the end of games, it could be a issue because of hack a Ben.

But, the score has to be close.

I mean shit Simmons should have been shooting 500 freethrows a day. So he damn well better have improved. Otherwise what was he doing with all his time off?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just saying since he chose to leave and team up with Kyrie he kind of does deserve his situation.....at least a little.

I totally understand that perspective. I guess he should've known that Kyrie is a little nutty.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He reportedly signed his option for next year as part of the trade. That means he cannot opt out this summer, but could opt out after next season.

Yeah, just saw that. Doesn't need opt out after next season, his contract would be up (if not extended ahead).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps start at the beginning with you saying that the Sixers gave up a lot and I said that the talk was that they needed to give up MORE than they did, just a week ago.

Seth Curry is a good player to have. But to call him a vital piece is a stretch. Because he provides one thing, perimeter shooting. He does that well but one dimensional players that play 0 defense are not vital pieces.
He's a role player who shoots.....not like he is irreplaceable.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm what?

Timeline of Events:

I said at first glance the trade seemed like the Sixers bid against themselves. But again...crucial point...if you kept READING I said we don't know what the offers were for Simmons prior, so the trade is what it is.

You then said Curry was essentially a throw away. Decent player, nothing to worry over. But most importantly you said Harden was just a good of a shooter as Curry. No context. Just a throw away comment.

I then said Curry is a significantly better shooter than Harden. Also indicated how they get their shots is different too. You then replied accusing me of saying I said Curry is better offensively than Harden.

Seriously doubling down when you're way behind is probably not the best way to do things. Just take a minute to actually read some things on here first instead of just running through a brick wall for Daryl Morey.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. We'll see.

Kyrie/Curry backcourts will be interesting.
Could you imagine their small ball lineups?

KD, Simmons, Kyrie, Patty and either Seth or Harris....

blue-leader-tallie-lintra.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm what?

Timeline of Events:

I said at first glance the trade seemed like the Sixers bid against themselves. But again...crucial point...if you kept READING I said we don't know what the offers were for Simmons prior, so the trade is what it is.

You then said Curry was essentially a throw away. Decent player, nothing to worry over. But most importantly you said Harden was just a good of a shooter as Curry. No context. Just a throw away comment.

I then said Curry is a significantly better shooter than Harden. Also indicated how they get their shots is different too. You then replied accusing me of saying I said Curry is better offensively than Harden.

Seriously doubling down when you're way behind is probably not the best way to do things. Just take a minute to actually read some things on here first instead of just running through a brick wall for Daryl Morey.
Are we sure he isn't Morey's son?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine their small ball lineups?

KD, Simmons, Kyrie, Patty and either Seth or Harris....

blue-leader-tallie-lintra.gif

Simmons as a small ball 5 is probably his best role TBH. That could be craaaazy.