• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought we could put all the trades/rumors in one thread with the deadline on Thursday

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd: As trade deadline nears, Cavs still engaged on Alec Burks deal with eye on future draft picks

Cleveland and the Houston Rockets remained engaged late Tuesday on a deal that would bring Brandon Knight and the Rockets’ first-round pick to Cleveland in exchange for Alec Burks, two league sources told The Athletic. By today’s NBA standards, if the Cavs can complete the deal, it would be a home run. Burks was obtained, along with a pair of second-round picks, in November in exchange for Kyle Korver.

Since the Cavs realistically will only pay Atlanta a couple of seconds for Korver, if they can ultimately flip him for Knight, a first-round pick and two seconds, that’s an absolute victory — even if the pick from Houston will likely be in the 20s.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I had a personal attachment to svi. I think he's gonna be decent one day(no time soon)...but bullock brings shooting and defense, so if they're gonna play him over beasely(something they wouldn't do for svi), then I'm with it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on the deadline thread. Was gonna make one myself tonight if no one else had. Great minds think alike

This is actually a pretty good trade. Bullock is a good 3 point shooter and a decent defender, 2 things the Lakers desperately need (and also the kind of player Magic refused to sign last summer when everyone else told him what he was doing wasn't going to work. so hey, at least he's learning!). He's also miles better than Svi at this point. He can slide into the rotation immediately and also be in for a bigger role if KCP gets traded. So he should be a help...too bad its probably too little too late

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,543.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler or Harris leaves Philly this summer....most likely Butler.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read: time to dump Fultz and his near $10M cap hit in 2019

seems obvious. he might be a nice pick up for a team looking to slowly rebuild him

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friendly reminder that Devin Booker was available when the Pistons drafted Johnson

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elton Brand is living dangerously as a GM for the Sixers. That is A LOT to give up for Tobias Harris, especially considering he can walk in free agency this summer. It's even more risky considering Butler can leave as well which would mean between the two trades, Philly gave away all of its assets for a half a season. I'm not sure I would have even made the Harris deal. That Miami pick has a lot of value seeing as it could easily be a lottery pick. Shamet, Chandler, and Muscala are better fits depth wise than what Boban and Scott are. While Harris gives them more raw talent, I don't think it makes them beat the Warriors THIS year. To me, it's much smarter and safer to not make the trade and just see if you can sign Harris (or someone else) in the offseason. This is definitely an all in or bust move. If they don't resign both guys, they're probably screwed going forward. Even if you sign one, you've still sacrificed a lot of picks which you need to refill depth. You're gonna need both guys to make this worth it.

As for the Clippers, it looks like they are punting on the playoffs this year by dealing Harris. Probably a smart move by them seeing as there's not much value in getting the 8th seed for them. More assets is more valuable than a 1st round loss to the Warriors. The Lakers and Kings will benefit from this right now seeing as their path to the playoffs theoretically should be a little easier.