• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my point. It’s the best reason I got lol

Yeah I didn't know what the conversation was about. It was kind of like Jeopardy in I saw a question and just wanted to blurt out the right answer, lol.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Lowe thinks the Sixers will go after him as well.

They could definitely use the shooting and depth. You guys are pretty darn weak outside of your starters

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans have not appreciated what they’ve seen as an effort, led by LeBron, Magic, and agent Rich Paul, to engineer Davis’s move from New Orleans to Los Angeles.

This is a funny read. Apparently Demps leaked every offer Magic made to disrupt them with no intention of taking any of the offers. Now all the young players know Lebron didn't want them there...He played Magic for a fool and he fell for it lol

https://deadspin.com/report-the-pelicans-invented-a-new-kind-of-tampering-a-1832415741

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could definitely use the shooting and depth. You guys are pretty darn weak outside of your starters

Our depth isn't great but it actually got a LOT better today.

Our biggest problem right now is getting someone who can defend shoot PGs. They have torched us all season. Hopefully this guy can help.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our biggest problem right now is getting someone who can defend shoot PGs. They have torched us all season. Hopefully this guy can help.

nice to see him knocking down some shots, by all accounts it sounded like he played his college ball as a modern Barkley. Hope he can defend those guards eventually, won't have too many expectations this year.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to add, as i don't see him being that piece this year, I don't feel like there's any buyout candidates that could fit that bill, am i wrong?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice to see him knocking down some shots, by all accounts it sounded like he played his college ball as a modern Barkley. Hope he can defend those guards eventually, won't have too many expectations this year.

He is compared to Barkley because he was 6'4" and playing the 4. But he did it in a very different way to Barkley. He was asked to do it because the team didn't have anyone else to do it. And he did it through pure athleticism. The reports on him coming out of college was that he arguably the most athletic guy in the draft. But he played out of position so he was going to be really raw.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to add, as i don't see him being that piece this year, I don't feel like there's any buyout candidates that could fit that bill, am i wrong?

I don't see any buyout options either which but you never know. Tony Parker or Jeremy Lin could be viable options.

Honestly, I just don't get why they didn't address this issue. Unless they think they can just use length to stop guys like Kyrie or Steph.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is compared to Barkley because he was 6'4" and playing the 4. But he did it in a very different way to Barkley. He was asked to do it because the team didn't have anyone else to do it. And he did it through pure athleticism. The reports on him coming out of college was that he arguably the most athletic guy in the draft. But he played out of position so he was going to be really raw.
i feel like that was said about both his HS and College career, though. i trust the new casts evaluation process better than the old (fuck BC), I just hope he's not a Rodney Carney/KJ McDaniels type, though I still think KJ could have succeeded if he signed the Hinkie special.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel like that was said about both his HS and College career, though. i trust the new casts evaluation process better than the old (fuck BC), I just hope he's not a Rodney Carney/KJ McDaniels type, though I still think KJ could have succeeded if he signed the Hinkie special.

Did you watch him in summer league?

Who knows if he will be a good NBA player. I was simply talking about his style of playing. He is most certainly a guard in the NBA rather than a swing much less a 4.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch him in summer league?

Who knows if he will be a good NBA player. I was simply talking about his style of playing. He is most certainly a guard in the NBA rather than a swing much less a 4.
no, but that was pretty much all offense (which do they play defense in summer league), guy can dunk, simple enough. nothing to show he can defend guards.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, but that was pretty much all offense (which do they play defense in summer league), guy can dunk, simple enough. nothing to show he can defend guards.

Well we have no idea of course what he will be like in the NBA but the reports about him were that his defense was well ahead of his offense.

On offense he is going to be pretty limited. His handle is pretty weak as is his court vision.

If he can hit 3s above 30% that might be enough to let him go out and chase guys around and let Butler and Simmons play off the ball a bit.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that was Kupchak.

Kupchak wasn't that bad. That was Jim Buss, who fortunately got fired by his own sister. He's also the reason the Lakers lost D'Angelo in a salary dump, but that deal resulted in the pick that got Kuzma so that worked out. Deng and Mozgov are all him though, FA's didn't even want to meet with him.