• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023 white flag trading deadline thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well make it official. I can't see us being anything but sellers at this juncture, so I suppose we should start checking out articles and stuff discussing who are the more likely trade candidates Hahn & co will pony up, along with which teams that might be seeking some of our players. Tis a sad day in Soxville.

:yield:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one:

I imagine Giolito will be one of the most sought after targets for this trade deadline. Bringing much value as a starting pitcher, he's having a solid season, his current contract is not costing an arm & a leg, plus being a rental, it shouldn't cost the team seeking his service a ton of minor league capital. Altho with a little luck Hahn might be able to squeeze some additional talent from the team who trades for Gio if enough clubs seek his services - kind of a mini bidding war, so to speak.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And so it begins - seems like a good return from the Angels.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just going to assume we got the next Miguel Olivo and Kip wells

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait...A switch hitting Cuban catcher? I'm surprised we didn't have him signed long-term at 18 years old for 50 million.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just going to assume we got the next Miguel Olivo and Kip wells
Personally, I'm surprised we even got this much if truth be told. The two minor leaguers are respectively the #s 2 & 3 prospects in the Angels organization. Being both Giolito and Lopez are rentals, we could have done worse. But please don't mistake this as my being pleased with the whole scenario. As a diehard White Sox fan, this is a complete embarrassment and I'll continue to hope that Reinsdorf sells the team and the entire upper management gets the fucking ax asap.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I'm surprised we even got this much if truth be told. The two minor leaguers are respectively the #s 2 & 3 prospects in the Angels organization. Being both Giolito and Lopez are rentals, we could have done worse. But please don't mistake this as my being pleased with the whole scenario. As a diehard White Sox fan, this is a complete embarrassment and I'll continue to hope that Reinsdorf sells the team and the entire upper management gets the fucking ax asap.
gee, you're such a negative guy!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find small victories in the midst of a shit storm. Getting the #2 and #3 prospects in the Angels organization (including their top arm) for a mid rotation starter that is a rental... and a subpar reliever that is a rental? That qualifies.

I simultaneously loathe what has happened with this club and am pleased with the deal. That is perfectly possible.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can find small victories in the midst of a shit storm. Getting the #2 and #3 prospects in the Angels organization (including their top arm) for a mid rotation starter that is a rental... and a subpar reliever that is a rental? That qualifies.

I simultaneously loathe what has happened with this club and am pleased with the deal. That is perfectly possible.
Gotta admit I was surprised when I read the details of the trade and the players we got. These guys may not amount to much of anything when it's all said and done, but as we've each stated, it cost us two rentals to obtain them. Under those circumstances, we did pretty well.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Prospects are prospects. That the guys we received are perceived to have potential is nice.

We got rid of Reynaldo Lopez so I'm definitely not crying there. I liked Giolito but he is just average at this point. There was a time I thought he could be more than he is, but that has passed so whatever.

We're bad. We need to make changes. Changes are being made. Hopefully the right ones. Probably not. Cuz we're basically an expansion team looking for that shot in the dark year in an year out.

Competitive longevity is a myth for this team. It's been proven time and time again. It's time to embrace the "one year of success here and there in a sea of failure" White Sox. That's who we are.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Prospects are prospects. That the guys we received are perceived to have potential is nice.

We got rid of Reynaldo Lopez so I'm definitely not crying there. I liked Giolito but he is just average at this point. There was a time I thought he could be more than he is, but that has passed so whatever.

We're bad. We need to make changes. Changes are being made. Hopefully the right ones. Probably not. Cuz we're basically an expansion team looking for that shot in the dark year in an year out.

Competitive longevity is a myth for this team. It's been proven time and time again. It's time to embrace the "one year of success here and there in a sea of failure" White Sox. That's who we are.
we used to be competitive every year until we were bought out by the piece of shit who now owns the club. expect no change as long as the cheap and ignorant bastard is alive.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we used to be competitive every year until we were bought out by the piece of shit who now owns the club. expect no change as long as the cheap and ignorant bastard is alive.

I mean...A 23 year playoff drought from 59 to 83 isn't really a golden age of baseball to cling to. I was too young to see any of it...but at best I would view a few of those teams in that range to the early 90s Sox teams that were good but never got truly close to bringing home a 'ship.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...A 23 year playoff drought from 59 to 83 isn't really a golden age of baseball to cling to. I was too young to see any of it...but at best I would view a few of those teams in that range to the early 90s Sox teams that were good but never got truly close to bringing home a 'ship.
true, but then with a playoff system system like todays they would have been in many more. their records were better and they were more competitive.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Ya okayyy