• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline rumor/wishlist thread - 2015

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have elite offense this year, but their bench is quite punchless.

With the best offense in the NL, would we rather have a defensive #5 OFer, or a "stud" bat? If we would rather have defense, why isnt JCP on the big club?

If the brain trust determines he has anything left, I guess I'm all for it, but Morse has been awful this season, both at the plate and on defense.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dogs took on Arroyo, Morse and Latos in that deal. Reminiscent of the big Boston trade from a few years back.

This trade might have put their 2015 salary dangerously close to 300M. That is simply gross.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dogs took on Arroyo, Morse and Latos in that deal. Reminiscent of the bog Boston trade from a few years back.

This trade might have put their 2015 salary dangerously close to 300M. That is simply gross.

Nice to have an unlimited payroll.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dogs took on Arroyo, Morse and Latos in that deal. Reminiscent of the big Boston trade from a few years back.

I like the guys they got, Latos (I hate the guy, but I think he's going to pitch very well), Wood is young, Johnson helps their pen a lot. I've come to terms with their unlimited bank account.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guys they got, Latos (I hate the guy, but I think he's going to pitch very well), Wood is young, Johnson helps their pen a lot. I've come to terms with their unlimited bank account.

The only negative thing in my mind from the Warriors winning the Finals this year is that Peter Guber also owns the Dodgers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big thing, though, is that they did not acquire a manager in this trade, so they are still stuck with Donnie Baseball.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Morse for what he did last year, but he's been very bad this year. Maxwell hasn't been much better offensively, but at least Maxwell plays adequate defense.

Agreed. We'd need to DL Oxy to make it work. No sense giving up Max to get a struggling bench power bat with no defensive skills

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could not agree more. It is comical to hear their fans, both at my work and on sports talk radio here in SoCal, going on and on about "They still need more help!"........Really? You mean a payroll of nearly 300mil isn't enough?

That is actually quite sad that their fan base has zero confidence in their "studs" to come through when the chips are down.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans on KNBR right now, so I guess nothing will happen in the immediate future. But for those who want to listen, he's on.

Speaking of KNBR, I was listening on the road earlier and one of the talents believes that 100% the Giants will make a waiver claim for James Shields come August and take on all of his salary. I almost pulled over and gagged. Shields is okay, but I don't want his contract at all.

I do think we need to upgrade the rotation though. I may be in the minority, but I'd be fine with Leake or Ian Kennedy.

I was away while all the SportsHoopla was going on, but I would have been totally in for Cueto/Price/Hamels. If we could keep Beede :D

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary thing about the Doyers' ownership, they don't care about the money. Even spendthrifts like Steinbrenner seemed to care a little bit about the bottom line. Not the Doyers. They picked up what, $10 million on Beast's contract, and then DFA'ed him. What's $10 million here or there, anyway?

We can gripe all we want about how "cheap" the Giants' ownership group is (perception, not reality). But I much prefer their fiscal restraint than the Doyers' free spending.

Do the MLB PTB's need to do something about this? Even a salary cap and luxury tax is just ignored by the Doyers. Could they someday find themselves with the best players at each position? Can you imagine the Dogs with 25 players, each of whom is making $20 million per season?

And it still isn't enough for the LA fans. :D

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary thing about the Doyers' ownership, they don't care about the money. Even spendthrifts like Steinbrenner seemed to care a little bit about the bottom line. Not the Doyers. They picked up what, $10 million on Beast's contract, and then DFA'ed him. What's $10 million here or there, anyway?

We can gripe all we want about how "cheap" the Giants' ownership group is (perception, not reality). But I much prefer their fiscal restraint than the Doyers' free spending.

Do the MLB PTB's need to do something about this? Even a salary cap and luxury tax is just ignored by the Doyers. Could they someday find themselves with the best players at each position? Can you imagine the Dogs with 25 players, each of whom is making $20 million per season?

And it still isn't enough for the LA fans. :D

It does seem inevitable that the Dodgers will eventually succeed in buying a championship. If they win a bunch of them, then I think you'll start seeing pressure on the commissioner and other owners to institute a salary cap.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans on KNBR right now, so I guess nothing will happen in the immediate future. But for those who want to listen, he's on.

Speaking of KNBR, I was listening on the road earlier and one of the talents believes that 100% the Giants will make a waiver claim for James Shields come August and take on all of his salary. I almost pulled over and gagged. Shields is okay, but I don't want his contract at all.

I do think we need to upgrade the rotation though. I may be in the minority, but I'd be fine with Leake or Ian Kennedy.

I was away while all the SportsHoopla was going on, but I would have been totally in for Cueto/Price/Hamels. If we could keep Beede :D

I could see the Gs claiming Shields to block the doyers.

Someone with a worse record will claim him before us though. I'd take him for nothing but money. He'd slot in at 4 behind Bum/Hesto/Peavy

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick thought on Morse, he could make his way back to the Giants. If he is desperate to play here, I could see him signing a minor-league deal sometime in August, then getting added to the 40-man roster and come up in September. He could be around for the stretch drive and if the Giants happened to make the post-season he could hang out on the bench.

If they Giants trade for someone and takes up the last of the 40-man spots, or he's blocking a young player like Beede or Williamson, then it wont happen. But it's a possible avenue.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Gs claiming Shields to block the doyers.

Someone with a worse record will claim him before us though. I'd take him for nothing but money. He'd slot in at 4 behind Bum/Hesto/Peavy

I didn't like it when we were linked to him in the offseason, and I don't like it now. It's not worth the 3 other years.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like it when we were linked to him in the offseason, and I don't like it now. It's not worth the 3 other years.

I guess I disagree, but not vehemently. He's a 3.0 WAR pitcher who will give you a 110 ERA+ and 200+ innings a year. He's a #2/#3 pitcher and if all he costs is money, $18/year is fair for 3.0 WAR.