• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline rumor/wishlist thread - 2015

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Padres sit on their hands. But they have some guys who could move in August.
Cant believe they held on to Upton. That does not make sense to me.

But Shields will get through waivers (and if he doesnt, the Pads would be OK with dumping his contract) and Kimbrel has value moving forward, so no harm there.

But not moving Upton? I would HOPE (for their sake) that there simply was no market for him out there. Now all they will get is a QO pick (valuable, but not compared to what they gave for Upton)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant believe they held on to Upton. That does not make sense to me.

But Shields will get through waivers (and if he doesnt, the Pads would be OK with dumping his contract) and Kimbrel has value moving forward, so no harm there.

But not moving Upton? I would HOPE (for their sake) that there simply was no market for him out there. Now all they will get is a QO pick (valuable, but not compared to what they gave for Upton)

Preller believes team can still make a run. Contrary to the Giants' August, Pads actually have a light schedule.

@Marlins, @Brewers, vs. Phillies, vs. Reds, @Rockies, vs. Braves, vs. Cardinals, @Nats, @Phillies

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they got him without giving up Wheeler. Fulmer and Cessa.

So un-Metsy.

With their pitching, they could be dangerous.

But then again, the rest of their team is replacement level. I don't think Cespedes is enough of an impact hitter to carry the offense. If they can keep him and add another bat to the lineup, they could be real good down the road.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morse going to Pirates. Traded for Jose Tabata.

Giants didn't have room for Ishikawa or Morse. Pirates find room for both.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised that the Giants didnt trade Biggie today, though. I would have figured he would have netted a decent B level prospect.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Huddy will spend the next month on the 15-day DL, unless his roster spot is needed, in which case his shoulder will experience "complications" and he will be moved to the 60-day.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands right now, Huddy is basically the 3rd pitching coach on the staff.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mella and Duvall is a GREAT package to send for a piece that we can actually use. I was never sold on Mella and Duval has no defense, so he had zero future in SF.

I mentioned Leake as a potential target way back in May or so. As the season went on, of course I wanted a bigger piece, but now we have 3 solid SP with a potential 4th (Peavy first with Cain as his backup).

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this trade!

^^^This. When I heard who we gave up for Leake, my reaction was "meh, good trade for us!" for the exact reasons you listed above.