• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline rumor/wishlist thread - 2015

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going on record as saying I FREAKING LOVE this move......for this season, and going forward. With all the money coming off the books after this season, and Leake's background, I have to think he would be inclined to re-sign with us.

A 1-2-3 of Bum, Leake and Heston looks nice to me.....especially with the other young arms we have in the minors.

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this in the prospects thread:

Love the trade.

Duvall has power, but was destined for a DH role (funny, then, that he still went to a NL team).

Mella was ranked by some as our top pitching prospect, but is still a couple years away, and prospects are never a sure thing.

I think chances of re-signing Leake are high, and he won't break the bank. He can immediately become our #2 guy for the rest of the year (maybe #3, if you ask me, because I'm really high on Heston). His numbers don't jump off the page, but he's incredibly durable (only been on the DL once, started at least 20 games all 6 years of his career), and his walks and WHIP are very nice.

Objectively, a four-man playoff rotation of Bum, Leake, Heston, & Peavy sounds pretty great and better than we had last year. Realistically, there's no way they leave off Cain, unless he's injured, so it'll be a standard five-man scheme.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

I am fully on board with this trade as well. It feels like a "Giants" trade. Leake has, and should continue to prosper at ATT.

Totally agree that this is a "Giants" trade because we scored a guy who is a bit under the radar yet very effective. The fact that he's a Giants fan is a little icing on the cake, as I hope this gives us a little bit better chance at re-signing him. Unless Mella develops into an excellent MLB pitcher, we really didn't give up much for a guy who is probably at least a solid #3 pitcher.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree that this is a "Giants" trade because we scored a guy who is a bit under the radar yet very effective. The fact that he's a Giants fan is a little icing on the cake, as I hope this gives us a little bit better chance at re-signing him. Unless Mella develops into an excellent MLB pitcher, we really didn't give up much for a guy who is probably at least a solid #3 pitcher.

Of course, I reserve the right to completely change my mind when Leake walks a leadoff batter on 4 pitches, or gives up a bunch of runs in an inning, or he does something else to displease my imaginary baseball gods.

But for now, this looks solid.

:D

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Now that the Reds and Giants are such good trading partners, is there anyone else who we may be interested in? Let me think...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the question. :D

I believe, with certainty, that Shields is a poor investment.

The only good thing that would come out of the Giants signing Shields would be that I could use 'panty liner' as his nickname on this board...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome trade (Leake)! We get one of the best arms still on this year's trading block, and give up not much of anything. We won't need a 3B or 1B in SF any time soon and I heard that his defense at 3B was absolutely horrible (Duvall). Mella could be a stud in a few years, but he is years away and the org has loads of arms currently lined up in the minors ahead of him. Leake pitches pretty deep into games, so he'll give our pen a needed rest. Leake is exactly the type of pitcher that will love AT&T: pitches for contact, and a ground ball machine.

w00t!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that there is a big 3-team trade in the works between Boston, Cubs and SD.

Shields and Sandoval being mentioned as potentially being involved.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors that there is a big 3-team trade in the works between Boston, Cubs and SD.

Shields and Sandoval being mentioned as potentially being involved.

I assume that would mean we're gonna see Pablo sooner than we thought, and Shields with the Cubs?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get to boo El Gordo 9 times a year? GREAT!
If he gets an AB at AT&T this year, how does the crowd react? He was a great Giant, but he pissed on that photo album on his way out the door.

Wow, I want to see that AB, BAD...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 hour, 56 minutes until the non-waiver trade deadline. Still quite a few big names out there, and still other rival clubs out there looking to deal.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the trade for Leake. I thinke he could really do well at AT&t Park. The pitching prospect the Giants gave up might not ever work out. I remember some people ripping Sabean for trading Wheeler away to the Mets for Beltran. Wheeler had TJ surgery and is now gone

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to Bobby Evans last night and this morning on KNBR. Interesting interviews. He said they had an offer to the Phillies made and Hamels waved his no trade clause to go to the Giants. Evans said while that was going on, Texas moved forward with a deal that was consumated. Apparently, Texas was on a list of teams that Hamels could be traded to.