• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline rumor/wishlist thread - 2015

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS
four main teams in on price are dodgers, giants, blue jays and yankees. all are in contact with detroit.

Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Giants have re-connected “a couple of times” today with #Phillies about Hamels. Reported earlier that their chances had faded.

Granted, SF could be putting this out (or Phi/DET) to drive Dodgers offers up

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see who the Mets dealt for him? Does that ring a bell? Does that affect your feeling about your GMing skills vs the Giants' front office?

I don't know enough about that trade to say if it was that good but.... You quite often read that retired GMs say the best deals they made were the ones that never happened.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also remember the many deals involving (Now)Broken Timmy, before his Cy Youngs and Cain to lift this team to maybe making the playoffs and in retrospect most of them were garbage deals selling low on our prospects and paying high on near the end veterans.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know enough about that trade to say if it was that good but.... You quite often read that retired GMs say the best deals they made were the ones that never happened.
If the Giants had dealt for Utley last year (like many of the "TRADE-TRADE-TRADE" posters were demanding), Panik likely would have been involved and we never would have sniffed the Series last year.

Is Stratton this year's Panik? Is Osich?

Is Beede this year's Wheeler?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember winning 2 world series after trading away Wheeler. I also remember when Joseph was the top catching prospect and we got Pence for him.

While I would love to keep Beede and Susac (I met him and talked to him several times when he was on the cape league and I got his autograph on his card) on the Giants if it means another world series win I am all for it. 4 in 6 years is insane. My only stipulations on a trade is that if one does happen it can't be a rental player, and old player who is on a heavy decline, and does not involve a starting player from the field unless its Pagan. I think trading Pagan or Blanco can be a good piece for another team.

Who ever we get they need to be around for 3-4 years to make it worthwhile. Unless a World Series victory. Then it is immediately worth it.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember winning 2 world series after trading away Wheeler. I also remember when Joseph was the top catching prospect and we got Pence for him.

While I would love to keep Beede and Susac (I met him and talked to him several times when he was on the cape league and I got his autograph on his card) on the Giants if it means another world series win I am all for it. 4 in 6 years is insane. My only stipulations on a trade is that if one does happen it can't be a rental player, and old player who is on a heavy decline, and does not involve a starting player from the field unless its Pagan. I think trading Pagan or Blanco can be a good piece for another team.

Who ever we get they need to be around for 3-4 years to make it worthwhile. Unless a World Series victory. Then it is immediately worth it.

Blanco might work as a piece, no one wants an fairly expensive injury prone older OF with no power (Pagan)

You just have to trust that after 3 in 5 these guys know what they are doing, both short and more importantly long term. If a deal is there they will make it. We've spilled a lot of pixels on this and it doesn't seem like there's going to be much out there for us that makes sense this year.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way this is playing out, so far. I didn't want to give up what it would have taken to get Hamels, and I don't want to rent Price.

Hopefully the Yankees or Jays get Price, keeping him away from the Dodgers. I am perfectly fine with our strategy. Maybe a bullpen arm shakes loose, or maybe a bench guy.

In our F.O., I trust.....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are all pretty much in agreement that our BACK UP catcher is one of the 10 best catchers in the world right now.

Do I have this right?

I can't see a legit argument to the contrary.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i know is big moves are being made by the teams the Giants have to get through to win back to back world series. And we are standing there with our dick in our hands doing jack shit.

Riiiiiight. Bobby Evans is on vacation.

#fail

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before we address this, please go back and read this thread and so many others on this board about the Giants Way, the long term situation, the state of the market, the assets we need, the assets we have.

If you still have this idiotic opinion that's on you.

And BOOM goes the dynamite.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, Oxy may be done as a regular player. He is AWFUL this year. Truly well below average at the plate now and a liability on defense. I don't think getting a "rental" is necessarily a problem -- remember Pence? Once a player gets here, plays every night in front of 40,000 and deals with the most easygoing media in any major market, many tend to want to stay here.

Oh, and the annual shot at a ring doesn't hurt either.

NOW: BRING ME PRICE.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blanco might work as a piece, no one wants an fairly expensive injury prone older OF with no power (Pagan)

You just have to trust that after 3 in 5 these guys know what they are doing, both short and more importantly long term. If a deal is there they will make it. We've spilled a lot of pixels on this and it doesn't seem like there's going to be much out there for us that makes sense this year.

I dunno, they tend to fly under the radar with their bigger deals. I'm still hoping for Price. Or, at least him NOT going to LA. He is the only real difference maker left IMO.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3