• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline Oct 29th 1pm PST

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Hawks will have a trade or two remaining in their arsenal... With the play of Marquis Blair and Hawks trading for Diggs last week, Tedric Thompson could be a guy that's moved by the deadline tomorrow... There are a few teams out there that need safety help (Colts/Cowboys) come to mind... If we could get a 6th, I'd be happy...

Penny is another guy that could be moved... Interesting that they had Prosise as a healthy scratch yesterday... Could be that the Hawks wanted to showcase Penny a bit to possibly move him in a trade... If that's the case, he didn't disappoint... I'd be tickled pink if we got a 2nd rounder for him but it would more than likely be a 3rd rounder... We could still hang on to him though and not move him... Also, the plan could be to hang on to Penny and move Prosise, which could be the reason why they scratched him this weekend...

I could see the team trading for a versatile OL that can play center... TE is another position in need atm...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard is on the market but the Bucs are allegedly looking for a 1st so no thank you.

But we could really use a TE.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OJ Howard is on the market but the Bucs are allegedly looking for a 1st so no thank you.

Penny/7th in return for Howard?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howard hasn’t lived up to his hype, not even close. Hard pass on him for me. Other then being a “name” there isn’t a good reason to think he could help fix the TE problem. As for asking for a first, the Bucs can GTFO no team is going give that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard hasn’t lived up to his hype, not even close. Hard pass on him for me. Other then being a “name” there isn’t a good reason to think he could help fix the TE problem. As for asking for a first, the Bucs can GTFO no team is going give that.

Yeah I agree. I would be willing to give up a 5th for him.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see some of that being true but Winston hasn't helped him much imo... With Wilson, I could see OJ turning it around... But like everyone said, he's definitely not worth a 1st rounder..

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind a pass rush " finisher". Clowney is ok but he is not getting sacks.

We need a sack getter or a "finisher"

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind a pass rush " finisher". Clowney is ok but he is not getting sacks.

We are very unlikely to get a competent pass rusher at the trade deadline.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Norman, get an experienced corner down the stretch ? Not sure what his price tag would be, maybe worth it ? He is 31 now so not a long term solution but an upgrade for sure this year...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clowney is getting a lot of pressure/QB hits though... you don't always need sacks to make an impact. The problem is the other 3 guys (granted Reed just got back) on the line are doing fuck all to generate any pressure and Norton has completely stricken 'blitz' from his vocabulary.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney is getting a lot of pressure/QB hits though... you don't always need sacks to make an impact. The problem is the other 3 guys (granted Reed just got back) on the line are doing fuck all to generate any pressure and Norton has completely stricken 'blitz' from his vocabulary.

Agreed... Clowney has been doing his job and holding up his end of the bargain, while being double teamed so much because the other 3 guys on the line haven't held up to their end of the bargain... Clowney has played very well imo... Ziggy on the other hand has been a complete disappointment...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, after thinking about it, I don't want to see Penny traded... I'd prefer to have that two-headed backfield like we had last weekend... If we did trade Penny and Carson goes down, we going to rely on Prosise to shoulder the load? That would be a scary thought... I could see Prosise being traded instead...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, after thinking about it, I don't want to see Penny traded... I'd prefer to have that two-headed backfield like we had last weekend... If we did trade Penny and Carson goes down, we going to rely on Prosise to shoulder the load? That would be a scary thought... I could see Prosise being traded instead...

Agreed, and you watch the minute we trade him Carson will get injured and we're boned. We're going to get little return for Penny (prob. 3rd round AT best offers from a team drafting mid-late) who is in his SECOND YEAR and is 23 anyway. If he was in his 4th (or even 3rd) I could MAYBE see it, but not in his 2nd year. Also Carson is a free agent after next year and with the holdout fests currently for RB who knows. Penny is also costing us very little to carry on the roster, so zero point in trading him.

What even are we going to do with the pick right now? We have TONS next year (2 2nds, a 3rd/4th (and later) compensatory, etc.). Dunno if you forgot the giant ass hole/injuries we had at RB with a rotating circus after Lynch left and Wilson LED THE TEAM in 2017 in rushing yards.. but I didn't. And Prosise hasn't proven he can stay healthy in any sort of 3rd down back/sub role, so I have zero faith in that guy.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and you watch the minute we trade him Carson will get injured and we're boned. We're going to get little return for Penny (prob. 3rd round AT best offers from a team drafting mid-late) who is in his SECOND YEAR and is 23 anyway. If he was in his 4th (or even 3rd) I could MAYBE see it, but not in his 2nd year. Also Carson is a free agent after next year and with the holdout fests currently for RB who knows. Penny is also costing us very little to carry on the roster, so zero point in trading him.

What even are we going to do with the pick right now? We have TONS next year (2 2nds, a 3rd/4th (and later) compensatory, etc.). Dunno if you forgot the giant ass hole/injuries we had at RB with a rotating circus after Lynch left and Wilson LED THE TEAM in 2017 in rushing yards.. but I didn't. And Prosise hasn't proven he can stay healthy in any sort of 3rd down back/sub role, so I have zero faith in that guy.

I remember life at Lynch... That was a nightmare... Rawls, Alex Collins, T. Madden, C. Michael, etc...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember life at Lynch... That was a nightmare... Rawls, Alex Collins, T. Madden, C. Michael, etc...

giphy.gif

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like our main move was adding Diggs. I'm ok with that. Too many changes in the middle of the season is usually just that -- too many changes. I'm holding out slight hope we can improve on D with Reed getting his legs under him now, along with plugging Diggs in there and maybe the emergence of Blair as a starter or at least a more prominent contributor on the back end. Ansah has been a total bust so far in my opinion, so I'm also hoping that maybe LJ Collier or even Rasheem Green get more reps.

I would have been ok trading Penny because I'm that sold on Carson (and I think Prosise/Homer could serve as decent depth), but I would have preferred a pick(s) over a player in return. The popular opinion is we need a TE, but I would rather see another pass or 2 per game go DK's way that may have otherwise been Dissly's targets. Besides, if it's blocking we are concerned about there then Ed Dickson is back soon enough.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like our main move was adding Diggs. I'm ok with that. Too many changes in the middle of the season is usually just that -- too many changes. I'm holding out slight hope we can improve on D with Reed getting his legs under him now, along with plugging Diggs in there and maybe the emergence of Blair as a starter or at least a more prominent contributor on the back end. Ansah has been a total bust so far in my opinion, so I'm also hoping that maybe LJ Collier or even Rasheem Green get more reps.

I would have been ok trading Penny because I'm that sold on Carson (and I think Prosise/Homer could serve as decent depth), but I would have preferred a pick(s) over a player in return. The popular opinion is we need a TE, but I would rather see another pass or 2 per game go DK's way that may have otherwise been Dissly's targets. Besides, if it's blocking we are concerned about there then Ed Dickson is back soon enough.

I would only want us to trade Penny if we were able to get either a starter caliber player or a 1st rounder. IMO, Penny has been pretty productive when healthy. And in limited carries he has made an impact. IMO, he is worth more in the offseason than he is right now because there are no teams in desperate need of a RB that are going to give up real assets to get one. Maybe the Texans would have but they traded all of their assets.

Ultimately Schneider wasn't going to make any moves just to make some moves. If they could have nabbed Howard from the Bucs for a 3rd or 4th that would have been great but it sounds like they weren't interested.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty happy the Seahawks didn't trade for Howard. Elite athleticism but somehow hasn't produced in an offense that throws as much as the Bucs do.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping to bring in a vet CB but sounds like the asking price was probably too high. Seems like the asking prices were all too high for any team looking to add depth.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now that the Trade deadline is passed can the Hawks go out and find someone to play Center as a back-up? Pocic can not return for something like 5 more weeks ( IR ) and the only guy that can play Center is Hunt!