• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline aftermath

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but they are better players than Adams and Pyatt there is really no argument there.

I don't doubt that they will be better players once they get comfortable with the system, but as of now, I think I would feel more comfortable with Pyatt and Adams out there. Not that it'll make a difference tho, we probably lose this game regardless of who we put on the ice tonight.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I'm having fun beating a dead horse.

5v5 this season:

Pyatt 169 minutes, 2 Goals For, 13 Goals against
Adams 575 minutes, 10 Goals For, 23 Goals against
Joe Vitale 462 minutes, 14 Goals For, 16 Goals against
Megna 246 minutes, 11 Goals For, 9 Goals against

Pittsburgh Penguins advanced stats 2013-2014 | Extra Skater

Interesting link, sad that we choose to go with slow worthless vets over productive prospects. That's the Pens tho, been this way for sometime.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't even get me started on seeing Pyatt out there on the PP!

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Goc was ok last night...I expect Stump to be the POS he's always been. And Adams should have been gone 2 years ago...why the fuck he's still on the team is beyond me. And Pyatt should only play 4th line as a banger against the bigger teams. Gibbons is horseshit. Vitale plays tonight to give rest to some other scrubs. He's the best faceoff man in the league and is fast and versatile on D and offense....but wait, lets play Adams.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goc had more points than Sid last night?!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goc and Stempniak weren't the problem last night.

Let's see the Sharks were coached better half way through to the end of the game and when they started to get physical the Penguins truly went into a shell.

Also if any opponent sees Scuderi and Orpik out there together all they need to do is skate through them. Those two are way too slow to be anywhere near the ice together.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I know it is more players but when the combo of adams, Pyatt, Sutter and glass out shoot Crosby and Malkin you are in trouble.

Why? Because if that group was shooting at me I know they won't score either.
Neal, Kunitz and Maatta led the team in shots which is fine but any group of your bottom six should never outshoot those two.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I know it is more players but when the combo of adams, Pyatt, Sutter and glass out shoot Crosby and Malkin you are in trouble.

Why? Because if that group was shooting at me I know they won't score either.
Neal, Kunitz and Maatta led the team in shots which is fine but any group of your bottom six should never outshoot those two.

Yeah, they were bad last night. Malkin's line got the favorable matchup, you would hope they scored some goals 5v5, they were definitely closer than Sid's line. Sid was just awful, and dragged his linemates down with him.

I still don't get Goc at 4th line center, wouldn't it be easier to play him at wing on Sutter's line, and rotate faceoffs depending of who was on their strong side, since Goc is left handed and Sutter is right handed. And Goc has played wing before.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should stop putting Geno at the point during our power plays. We're going to be giving up a lot of shorthanded opportunities if we keep doing that. Also, Sid gets no love from me either right now.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they were bad last night. Malkin's line got the favorable matchup, you would hope they scored some goals 5v5, they were definitely closer than Sid's line. Sid was just awful, and dragged his linemates down with him.

I still don't get Goc at 4th line center, wouldn't it be easier to play him at wing on Sutter's line, and rotate faceoffs depending of who was on their strong side, since Goc is left handed and Sutter is right handed. And Goc has played wing before.

Yeah they did Goc no favors putting him on the 4th line.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Penguin worth his keep right now is Olli Maatta. Watching the Penguins play you would think he's an aged vet and Brooks Orpik was the 19 year old rookie.

This is madness!
33ljfqp.jpg

No, this is MAATTA!

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should stop putting Geno at the point during our power plays. We're going to be giving up a lot of shorthanded opportunities if we keep doing that. Also, Sid gets no love from me either right now.

Last night notwithstanding I think Malkin has done fine at the point, even when faced with a rushing forward.

If you do two d on the point, you pretty much need to separate Malkin and Sid and go two equal units. Because then you'd have to chose between Kunitz and Neal on the first unit both of whom aren't interchangeable.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah they did Goc no favors putting him on the 4th line.

I agree there, Disco obviously doesn't know what he's doing managing the lines right now. Maybe they figured they're new so they didn't want them to bog down the top 3 lines, but the way the top 3 lines played I don't think we need to worry about them being bogged down by others, they bog down themselves just fine.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night notwithstanding I think Malkin has done fine at the point, even when faced with a rushing forward.

If you do two d on the point, you pretty much need to separate Malkin and Sid and go two equal units. Because then you'd have to chose between Kunitz and Neal on the first unit both of whom aren't interchangeable.

True, I won't be too hard on Geno. Although he did look really bad running the point he wasn't the reason we lost. Sid probably takes more blame on that Marleau goal than Geno anyways. Oh Sid, what has happened to you as of late?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality they have depth to have a very good 3 line rotation with the 4 playing no more than 5-7 minutes a game.

And putting one of those top 9 on the 4th line is useless.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, I won't be too hard on Geno. Although he did look really bad running the point he wasn't the reason we lost. Sid probably takes more blame on that Marleau goal than Geno anyways. Oh Sid, what has happened to you as of late?

The issue with the Penguins right now what 4 d-men would you trust out there since Martin and Letang are out?

Maatta, Niskanen and Despres are the only three I trust anywhere near the PP or just rotate those three? When Martin is back I think a two line rotation would be best unless down and desperate for a goal.

The issue with giving Maatta and Despres a lot of minutes what will happen come the first round loss time?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality they have depth to have a very good 3 line rotation with the 4 playing no more than 5-7 minutes a game.

Best bet is to just put Pyatt Adams & Kobasew on the 4th line and see how well rolling with 3 lines can get us. Orpik & Scud need to raise their game, especially Orpik. I think he's really been hurting us as of late. I would honestly he not be on the roster right now, a healthy scratch would suit me just fine.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really though, he's been fine for the most part all year, they do have the top ranked powerplay unit. Not sure I want to mess with that.

And yeah, if Sid hustles, he doesn't even have to break up the play, just re-route him, and let Malkin take the puck away.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with the Penguins right now what 4 d-men would you trust out there since Martin and Letang are out?

Maatta, Niskanen and Despres are the only three I trust anywhere near the PP or just rotate those three? When Martin is back I think a two line rotation would be best unless down and desperate for a goal.

The issue with giving Maatta and Despres a lot of minutes what will happen come the first round loss time?

Yeah, but once everything settles down, it's going to be Orpik/Martin with the toughest matchup. Martin can probably play 25 minutes a night, no way Orpik can do that anymore with regularity.

That's the risk you take with young guys, rather they gamble with them, though, the old guys haven't exactly proved themselves the past few playoff runs.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me yeah, the top 9 is easy, whatever way you want to configure them.

Then Joe Vitale is a no doubter at 4th line center. The rest are interchangeable. I don't even care if they keep Adams, but he doesn't need a jersey every god damn night, why the hell can't he get injured?