• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline 2020

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You like that trade? On its own?

I like it. Winslow wasn't helping us being in a suit for the entire season and was out til at least the AS break. Needed help on defense badly

Miami wasn't going to do anything this summer so i don't know why wiggy acting like it is such a big deal that Iggy is going to be here for a year and half. It changes absolutely nothing for the summer of 2021.

Winslow is a good player but just too damn soft.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to speak for @bksballer89, but I believe he already said he likes the move.

Bolsters Miami's defense, which has been a rough spot to this point in the season.

And, of course, baller is well known for his criticism of Justice "Glass" Winslow.

Yep. Solid player but i'm sorry you can't miss 30-40 games for what seems like a pretty minor back injury so yeah

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to speak for @bksballer89, but I believe he already said he likes the move.

Bolsters Miami's defense, which has been a rough spot to this point in the season.

And, of course, baller is well known for his criticism of Justice "Glass" Winslow.

Hmm. OK. I get that Winslow's injuries are a problem and frustrating.

I just don't see how Iggy provides much value at all. As Wiggy pointed out, he's pretty darn old. I'm sure he can provide some defense but he's a offensive black hole at this point.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. Winslow wasn't helping us being in a suit for the entire season and was out til at least the AS break. Needed help on defense badly

Miami wasn't going to do anything this summer so i don't know why wiggy acting like it is such a big deal that Iggy is going to be here for a year and half. It changes absolutely nothing for the summer of 2021.

Until the rest of the deal happens, if it happens, we really don’t know.

If there is no other part, then obviously the Heat felt Winslow would’t be offering much, if anything this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s messed up that somehow Igoudala has gotten paid all year for doing nothing.

Yep, $15M a year for refusing to play for a team. Lost a lot respect for the guy...never liked the whiney bitch anyway

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heat fans here have been saying this for awhile now.
In general, of course, not trading a 24 year old for a much older player, but let’s just assume Riley knows what he’s doing.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, $15M a year for refusing to play for a team. Lost a lot respect for the guy...never liked the whiney bitch anyway

I don’t agree with the not playing, but decision was mutual.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for the Griz! Getting a pick and Winslow for washed Iggy is a coup.

Are the Heat going to give the Thunder their 2023, 2025, 2027, and 2029 draft picks? Why in the world would they trade Galo for Johnson and Waiters.

Yep, Iggy never and didn't want to play for Memphis...easy win for Memphis. But if Iggy can be the Iggy we have seen still a good get for Miami. I don't think paying $15M to Iggy, who is injury prone and aging, gets them over the hump though. Do they make more moves?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
def not "back"--- merely reveling in stupidity.

The first year or two I ripped on winslow's lack of development but even i begrudgingly accepted his growth and value over the last year and a half etc.

to trade a former top 10 pick, on a very solid contract, with the character and work ethic of winslow and his defensive ability and passing ability for a washed AI is just crazy.

AI is 36.

thats not a typo

he just signed a 2 year extension.

how many guys that old are worth anything in the NBA? let alone 15M a year and giving up a good young player under contract thats been in your system?

Maybe they were unhappy with Haslem's performance as team mascot?

You really think its a 2 year extension?
You think the Heat will choose to pick up their team option in 2021?

Thanks for showing that being gone hasn’t made you any smarter.

#offended

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Warriors are definitely going for that #1 pick lol...bastids. Cmon Cavs

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he can provide some defense but he's a offensive black hole at this point.
If he can still hit a 3 pt shot, he can be worked into an offense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. OK. I get that Winslow's injuries are a problem and frustrating.

I just don't see how Iggy provides much value at all. As Wiggy pointed out, he's pretty darn old. I'm sure he can provide some defense but he's a offensive black hole at this point.

Why are we acting like Winslow offense was something special? He is a solid all around player but in the 11 games he played, he took a major step back when it comes to shooting the ball.

Also if the Heat manage to get Gallo then what's the problem?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time a player is mentioned in a potential deal, about six other teams start making calls to see if it's true and then try to move in.

The Celtics a W0lves are discussing Evan Turner but the C's are not going to break up the first 7. Ainge is ready to dump all of his first round and second round picks if he can get a solid veteran scorer or big man. He's also willing to trade some of his young guys because he thinks that the Celtics have a ton of talent but are a bit to young to go deep into the playoffs. They started showing off Romeo Langford and last night he had 10 points and several rebounds against the magic. The Celtic without their starting five together for the last month have scored more than 115 points in their last 6 home games. They haven't done that since the Bird/McHale era in 1990.

The Boston Basketball media think that Danny will trade two or three kids and the first rounders for a shooting guard and a big man. Celtics don't need to draft this year.

If I'm the Wolves, I'm dumping Turner for half a sandwich and a Coke. 2nd round pick and expiring dollars out to do it...but I don't see any matching salaries on the Celtics?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a little different than that. The Grizz told him before the season that he would be traded and he could stay away from the team until then. He only said he wouldn't play if he was still on their roster after the deadline, meaning they had reneged on their promise. That's on the Grizz, not Andre IMO.

That said, he is getting long in the tooth. He's rested and should be effective this year, but we'll see what he's got left in the tank. He's a rotational defender that can run the offense if needed, a nice piece. Shouldn't be relied upon too heavily though, in terms of minutes or scoring expectations.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we acting like Winslow offense was something special? He is a solid all around player but in the 11 games he played, he took a major step back when it comes to shooting the ball.

Also if the Heat manage to get Gallo then what's the problem?

Well, to start Gallo's history makes Winslow look like an ironman, lol. "If healthy" is Gallo's motto.

I agree though, Winslow has been injury prone and they were still trying to find the right role for him. Liked him coming out of college, but he really hasn't put it all together (or close) yet, even "if healthy" lol.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little different than that. The Grizz told him before the season that he would be traded and he could stay away from the team until then. He only said he wouldn't play if he was still on their roster after the deadline, meaning they had reneged on their promise. That's on the Grizz, not Andre IMO.

That said, he is getting long in the tooth. He's rested and should be effective this year, but we'll see what he's got left in the tank. He's a rotational defender that can run the offense if needed, a nice piece. Shouldn't be relied upon too heavily though, in terms of minutes or scoring expectations.

Apparently, Gallo COULD be included in the deal. Don't know the details or anything but that would be a huge pickup for the Heat. Yeah I agree, Iggy should be just what the Heat need so I like the move for both teams

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell would they get Gallo though anyway? He is $22M this year. I heard something about restructuring his contract but I'm sure the Heat would have to give up Dragic or something. The Thunder are fighting for a playoff spot, why would they just give up Gallo like that

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grizzlies-Heat-Thunder negotiations seem to be working though the Heat/Thunder issues around Gallinari contract/draft details, as reported elsewhere. My expectation is Winslow/Johnson/Waiters coming in with Iguodala/Crowder/Hill going out for Grizz.

If these are the players going then maybe the Thunder would be getting Crowder and Waiters for Gallinari? That doesn't make much sense for OKC unless they are getting a good draft pick or something