• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade a Center?

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will probably get flamed for this, but I think Geno should get dealt if they can get a solid return. The Pens have over 20 mill in centers which is a bit absurd. I think Stall is capable of playing on the 2nd and I also think he shows up in every game where Geno seems to not show up frequently. I am not certain who or what I would deal him for, but I would say 2 solid wingers or a wing and defenseman.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I knew it would come up eventually, lol. Just not this soon.

The thing is, what team would give up a return that Geno is worth? There aren't many out there that would give what he is worth and that limits the trade power.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The thing is, what team would give up a return that Geno is worth? There aren't many out there that would give what he is worth and that limits the trade power.

I have nothing against the guy, so dont read in to it. But I think he is the odd man out if ones is dealt and the lack of players on the wing should be addressed. As for who would trade for him, I said I dont know but I am sure a team would want to add a players of his calibre.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I say Shero approaches Dean Lombardi and asks about the availability of Dustin Brown, Wayne Simmonds and Jack Johnson ... maybe more

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have nothing against the guy, so dont read in to it. But I think he is the odd man out if ones is dealt and the lack of players on the wing should be addressed. As for who would trade for him, I said I dont know but I am sure a team would want to add a players of his calibre.

I agree with you that he might be the odd guy out when the time comes. I just knew that with the Pens shitting the bed last night this topic would come up.

It could be beneficial for them to trade one, it might now. Who knows.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I say Shero approaches Dean Lombardi and asks about the availability of Dustin Brown, Wayne Simmonds and Jack Johnson ... maybe more

I'm not sure what kind of winger Brown is, but I don't think he is the scoring winger that the pens would be looking for. He reminds me more of a Kunitz type guy. I could be wrong though. And I don't know enough about Simminds to say anything about him.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with you that he might be the odd guy out when the time comes. I just knew that with the Pens shitting the bed last night this topic would come up.

It could be beneficial for them to trade one, it might now. Who knows.

It really doesnt have much to do with last night (it didnt help) but every season trying to trade for a wing and hope the chemistry works out is not a good strategy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It really doesnt have much to do with last night (it didnt help) but every season trying to trade for a wing and hope the chemistry works out is not a good strategy.

I totally agree with that. Last year it worked out really well. This year not so much.

But since this is just talk and I will probably get flammed for this. How about Malkin and a 2nd or 3rd to Los Angeles for Doughty and Brown?

This trade will never happen, and I am aware of that. lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what kind of winger Brown is, but I don't think he is the scoring winger that the pens would be looking for. He reminds me more of a Kunitz type guy. I could be wrong though. And I don't know enough about Simminds to say anything about him.

Kunitz cant hold Browns jockstrap ... Doughty is not available, Johnson most likely is

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why not just make Malkin a full time winger?

I think his value is higher as a center and I am not sure he is worth 8.7 mill as a winger. If I were moving one of the centers to the wing is would be Staal, he played there with success as a rookie.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geno won't be traded...not right away. although i think it may have to come eventually. i won't be a fan of it regardless, but it may have to happen. i guess it really depends on what return he gains.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looking for fair value. I don't think that trade will ever happen. But it is always fun to specualte and hear the other side of the arguement saying that their guy is that much better and all that fun stuff.

I think Pens could probably get Brown Johnson and maybe Simmonds for Malkin because the Kings want a star player and Malkin would be that guy

... and then Kings might still go after Kovalchuk ... difficult decision for them considering Doughty is rfa in 2011-12

oldschoolhockeyfan

Lifetime of Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think his value is higher as a center and I am not sure he is worth 8.7 mill as a winger. If I were moving one of the centers to the wing is would be Staal, he played there with success as a rookie.

Staal is the Pens best defensive center, but Malkin is just average defensively and below avereage in the face off circle. Relieving Malkin of the added defensive responsibilities of a center would help is offensive skill set.

Utilizing his size in the corners and in front of the net along with is good hands would be a big plus. Also his shooting ability is ideal for a sniper role.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staal is the Pens best defensive center, but Malkin is just average defensively and doesnt even try in the face off circle. Relieving Malkin of the added defensive responsibilities of a center would help is offensive skill set.

Utilizing his size in the corners and in front of the net along with is good hands would be a big plus. Also his shooting ability is ideal for a sniper role.

Fixed

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Staal is the Pens best defensive center, but Malkin is just average defensively and below avereage in the face off circle. Relieving Malkin of the added defensive responsibilities of a center would help is offensive skill set.

I think this is the issue, he rarely plays to his size. Which is why I think Staal makes the better wing since he seems to have a bit of an edge.

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geno won't be traded...not right away. although i think it may have to come eventually. i won't be a fan of it regardless, but it may have to happen. i guess it really depends on what return he gains.

I agree with this. He is still very young and has tremendous upside. He already won a Conn Smythe and had a bad playoffs this year no question.
Trading him now would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with this. He is still very young and has tremendous upside. He already won a Conn Smythe and had a bad playoffs this year no question.
Trading him now would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

Agreed.

I certainly think if a trade were to happen with one of the three, he would be the odd man out, but not winning the Cup every year isn't a reason to blow up the three-center-model quite yet. I'll be happy to see some of the bums off this year's roster and a couple hard-working youngsters next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed.

I certainly think if a trade were to happen with one of the three, he would be the odd man out, but not winning the Cup every year isn't a reason to blow up the three-center-model quite yet. I'll be happy to see some of the bums off this year's roster and a couple hard-working youngsters next year.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to trade him because we went out in the second round. I was just contribution to the convo of actually trading him and what would be fair value for him. That is the toughest thing to determine.