• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade a Center?

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't "want" him traded but I can see it as a possibility. The rent a winger is not a long term solution which is my point. All 3 lines give you the same defensive game plan, take out the center and make a winger beat you. I guess I am looking for a little more than older plug in wingers.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade him to washington for semin and green. then both fan bases can be happy that they got rid of the guys that give them the most headaches.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i guess fleury causes headaches too. but i don't think washington needs a headache in goal.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, fleury isn't a headache. he's normally pretty solid. occasional softie? yes. but normally he's just hung out to dry. honestly not one of the goals scored last night was his fault goal 1: piss poor penalty + deflection, goal 2: brooks orpik is a douche bag and old man gonch needs to work on hand eye coordination, goal 3: heya kunitz, wanna try NOT giving up the puck at the blueline tonight?? goal 4: old man gonch in one of the laziest and worst defensive plays i have ever seen

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
eh, fleury isn't a headache. he's normally pretty solid. occasional softie? yes. but normally he's just hung out to dry. honestly not one of the goals scored last night was his fault goal 1: piss poor penalty + deflection, goal 2: brooks orpik is a douche bag and old man gonch needs to work on hand eye coordination, goal 3: heya kunitz, wanna try NOT giving up the puck at the blueline tonight?? goal 4: old man gonch in one of the laziest and worst defensive plays i have ever seen

What????
Goal 1 went THROUGH him
Goal 2 was a turnover but above the circles with no traffic
Goal 3 a probably the only acceptable one
Goal 4 was a shot from the faceoff dot with no traffic

Most goalies stop 3 of 4.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pittsburgh traded Malkin now, they'd regret it for the next 15 years. JMO

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goal one is the only one i give blame to MAF on (i still don't see how it's boarding...), but it was a deflection within 5 feet of him, not exactly an EASY stop. goal 2 was a quick wrister that was the complete blame of brooks 'i like hit. no play D' orpik who was too busy making out with lapierre behind the net to do HIS JOB and gonch mishandling the puck. goal 3 well...you can agree with that catastrophe. goal 4: sorry...that's ALL gonchar. the man didn't even attempt to play defense. i don't think 'most goalies' stop those shots (most where darn good shots to begin with). his D shit the bed. am i the only one who thought they focused a bit to much on hitting this series? how many times was a Dman out of position going for a hit?

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people were saying caps fans were too herky jerky right after the series loss. You guys went to 2 strait SC finals and won a cup, and now because of a hot goalie, you want to trade on of the big reasons you won the cup last year? Sorry, but I just don't see that as being a viable option, or even reasonable

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people were saying caps fans were too herky jerky right after the series loss. You guys went to 2 strait SC finals and won a cup, and now because of a hot goalie, you want to trade on of the big reasons you won the cup last year? Sorry, but I just don't see that as being a viable option, or even reasonable

i don't think anyone here is necessarily calling for geno's head, cripe, he's the reigning conn smythe winner. however, the particular mold the pens have going works only when you strike lucky with a deadline winger...hossa was an almost, kunitz and billy g. were greats, and poni was a fail. i don't think this happens this season, but if they were to ever go in a different direction, geno would be the odd man out IMO. i love him to death, and he is possibly the most talented player in the league...but he has lazy spells that make you wanna tear out your hair. i'm not calling for his head, i'm calling for some D that's committed and a scoring winger for once. that's all...

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think anyone here is necessarily calling for geno's head, cripe, he's the reigning conn smythe winner. however, the particular mold the pens have going works only when you strike lucky with a deadline winger...hossa was an almost, kunitz and billy g. were greats, and poni was a fail. i don't think this happens this season, but if they were to ever go in a different direction, geno would be the odd man out IMO. i love him to death, and he is possibly the most talented player in the league...but he has lazy spells that make you wanna tear out your hair. i'm not calling for his head, i'm calling for some D that's committed and a scoring winger for once. that's all...

See, Caps and Pens are alot more alike than alot think. Both fanbases are frustrated by a lazy russian who has tons of tallent but basicly picks and chooses when they feel like playing hard. The difference is one team has won a SC and one hasn't gotten past the Eastern Conference Semis.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see Staal as capable to take over the 2nd line center duty. His talent is wasted on the third line in my opinion. The next season is probably the height of value considering he is signed long term still and could step in to most top lines in the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Staal as capable to take over the 2nd line center duty. His talent is wasted on the third line in my opinion. The next season is probably the height of value considering he is signed long term still and could step in to most top lines in the game.

I disagree. Staal averages 19:24 of ice time per game. The forward with the most ice time is Crosby at 21:57. He only plays 2:33 fewer per game than Crosby. He also led all forwards and was second on the team in shifts. He's not hidden or buried on the third line, and the discrepancy in talent between the top three lines' wingers is too marginal to cite that as a disadvantage to him as well. Could he handle 2nd line duty? Absolutely. Is he being "hidden" on the third line? No way.

miamiforlife81

It's All About The U!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think he should be traded, but if the right deal were to come along it would be worth looking into. The 3 center model means there will always be sub par wingers to play alongside them.

I wouldn't trade him unless a full return came back, which it usually doesn't.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Caps fan, I want you guys to keep Geno and continue to have a really good middle and pedestrian wingers. As a guy who knows hockey, I think you are right and should try and package him for a top notch center and defensive defenseman that cost a comparable abount. Maybe a 6 million dollar winger and 2.7 million dollar stay at home D guy. I would also want decent length on the contracts.

Brad Boyes and Barret Jackman???

I don't know who is out there available....

What is his worth, on your eyes??

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree. Staal averages 19:24 of ice time per game. The forward with the most ice time is Crosby at 21:57. He only plays 2:33 fewer per game than Crosby. He also led all forwards and was second on the team in shifts. He's not hidden or buried on the third line, and the discrepancy in talent between the top three lines' wingers is too marginal to cite that as a disadvantage to him as well. Could he handle 2nd line duty? Absolutely. Is he being "hidden" on the third line? No way.

Lets not act as if the 3rd line is not set up as the shutdown line. We can also not ignore the fact that a great deal of the time Staal is on the ice is on the PK frequently caused by Geno being in the box.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I do too. I think if Jordan Staal was given more of an opportunity to be more of an offensive guy that he could put up 60+ points a season. Possibly more if he had good linemates. He's also cheaper then Malkin which is important.

But I see Crosby make these incredible passes all the time and nobody can finish his setups. Imagine if you guys had somebody who could finish? That's how I feel and when/if the Pens get that guy they'll be almost unstoppable.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not act as if the 3rd line is not set up as the shutdown line. We can also not ignore the fact that a great deal of the time Staal is on the ice is on the PK frequently caused by Geno being in the box.

Geno was a penalty magnet this season. a stupid penalty magnet.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too. I think if Jordan Staal was given more of an opportunity to be more of an offensive guy that he could put up 60+ points a season. Possibly more if he had good linemates. He's also cheaper then Malkin which is important.

But I see Crosby make these incredible passes all the time and nobody can finish his setups. Imagine if you guys had somebody who could finish? That's how I feel and when/if the Pens get that guy they'll be almost unstoppable.

trust me, every time i see kunitz, old man guerin (please billy...retire), dupuis, or talbot choke an amazing pass i think about this possibility. koon is good for sid's wing, but NOT in a finisher role. guerin would be perfect, if it was billy from 10 years ago. dupuis is an amazing player, but his hands aren't good enough to flank sid....it's frustrating...and eventually something will crack, but the pens coulda won it again this year with a 3 center mold IF they had a bit better D and more consistant goaltending. i look forward to seeing how dangerous this team will be when they acquire that winger. remember hossa? yeah...that was for 2 months.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
trust me, every time i see kunitz, old man guerin (please billy...retire), dupuis, or talbot choke an amazing pass i think about this possibility. koon is good for sid's wing, but NOT in a finisher role. guerin would be perfect, if it was billy from 10 years ago. dupuis is an amazing player, but his hands aren't good enough to flank sid....it's frustrating...and eventually something will crack, but the pens coulda won it again this year with a 3 center mold IF they had a bit better D and more consistant goaltending. i look forward to seeing how dangerous this team will be when they acquire that winger. remember hossa? yeah...that was for 2 months.

Yep, but I think with Crosby, Malkin and Staal in the fold that it will be tough to acquire that winger unless Malkin or Staal is transformed into a winger.

Have you guys ever thought about the possibility of Staal being one of Crosby's wingers? I think that would be worth a try.