• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Torn ACL for Jordy Nelson

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard that when Rodgers threw to Nelson his passer rating was like 160 or something insane like that. Rodgers will certainly miss him!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This affects that offense a lot. The Rodgers to Nelson fade is probably best money play in the league.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss still has the itch.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This affects that offense a lot. The Rodgers to Nelson fade is probably best money play in the league.
It affects the offense, but not as much as you think. I expect the Packers to still be lethal offensively and really the only team that is comparable is the Colts.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It affects the offense, but not as much as you think. I expect the Packers to still be lethal offensively and really the only team that is comparable is the Colts.

It's not a death nail, I'm sure they'll adapt and evolve. But that back shoulder play between them is a perfect marriage between the strengths of two players. I'd just be surprised if they can find someone that can do it as well as Nelson.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So essentially we are saying the same thing...Jordy Nelson's injury hurts the Packers but not to the point that they are now really out of the top-3 or so teams in the NFC. Same with the Seahawks and Kam in it definitely hurts the defense but not to the point that they have now become a bad team. Like I said QB is about the only injury that can derail a team that badly.
Well, my original statement in here was that GB's chances to win the NFC took a shot to the knee, which I stand by. GB's O is built around the pass, and their passing offense is probably not going to be as good w/o Nelson. Their primary competition in the NFC and the team many view as the team to beat features one of the best pass defenses we've seen in a long time, sustained over the past 3 seasons. "Next man up" is not going to change any of that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have GB with Jordy Nelson or GB without Jordy Nelson. What's your choice? GB fans are trying way too hard to convince themselves this is no big deal.

I will concede this: there is enough talent in the passing game that maybe by the end of the year other guys will have stepped up to the point where the O is close to where it was with Jordy. But that's an IF and not a gimme. Week 2 looks like a much bigger challenge right now as well, and that game could end up deciding HFA down the line.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers with nelson this season: #1 offense in total yards and points.
Packers without Nelson #5 offense in total yards and points.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Janis becomes the Packers deep threat this year by default. Will he match Jordy's numbers? No chance in hell, but I think he'll play well enough to have to be respected by defenses (especially with Rodgers throwing the ball), that it'll continue to open up the short, high percentage, passes.

I guess, best case scenario I'd like to see out of this is more short, high percentage passes, keeping the opponents defense on the field longer and keeping the Packers' defense fresh. Seeing those 60+ yard scoring strikes were/are fun as hell to watch, but for a Packers defense that has had issues getting off the field at times, the injury might benefit them as much as it hurts the offense. :hope:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can have GB with Jordy Nelson or GB without Jordy Nelson. What's your choice? GB fans are trying way too hard to convince themselves this is no big deal.

I will concede this: there is enough talent in the passing game that maybe by the end of the year other guys will have stepped up to the point where the O is close to where it was with Jordy. But that's an IF and not a gimme. Week 2 looks like a much bigger challenge right now as well, and that game could end up deciding HFA down the line.
Seattle fans are trying way too hard to convince GB fans that's it's a bigger deal than it is. I'd be much more worried if we had lost Lacy instead of Jordy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans are trying way too hard to convince GB fans that's it's a bigger deal than it is. I'd be much more worried if we had lost Lacy instead of Jordy.
If GB comes up one play short again this year, will you still feel the same?

Football games between two great teams are usually defined by a play or two one way or the other. One of your top weapons is gone and there is zero doubt some plays will not be the same without him.

No, no one is saying GB can't still win the SB. Lots of things can happen and every team that's expected to be there could face their own season ending injuries at some point as well. It just makes it harder when you lose those kinds of guys.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, we're pretty much right in line with the vast majority of the non-GB homer opinions. It doesn't kill the Pack, but it is certainly a big blow. You haven't been able to beat us with him....

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, we're pretty much right in line with the vast majority of the non-GB homer opinions. It doesn't kill the Pack, but it is certainly a big blow. You haven't been able to beat us with him....
3 games, all in Seattle. One asterisk, one blowout, one OT playoff game. Really GB should be 2-1 in those games.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If GB comes up one play short again this year, will you still feel the same?

Football games between two great teams are usually defined by a play or two one way or the other. One of your top weapons is gone and there is zero doubt some plays will not be the same without him.

No, no one is saying GB can't still win the SB. Lots of things can happen and every team that's expected to be there could face their own season ending injuries at some point as well. It just makes it harder when you lose those kinds of guys.
All I'm saying is yes we lost our 1a receiver, but if there's a position we can afford to lose someone it is the WR position. Like I said if we had lost Lacy I'd be sweating a little more.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games, all in Seattle. One asterisk, one blowout, one OT playoff game. Really GB should be 2-1 in those games.
But you aren't. 0-3 is 0-3.

Plays matter. Losing play makers matter. Seattle has their own problem with Kam probably going to miss games with his stupidity. It will impact them too. Shit happens.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, they should be 3-0. And they are. About to be 4-0.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also weren't there Seattle fans a while ago saying Jordy was overrated anyway?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't call him overrated. But I would say he is a non factor against Seattle.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said that. Can't lump every fan of a base together.