• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Torn ACL for Jordy Nelson

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well reading over at the Seattle board it seems like some over there feel like they can replace Kam no problem if he continues to hold out into the season. Heck some were thinking it would just be better to trade him. Yet they paid him pretty darn good money for his position. To me you keep the talented players on the team if you have the money. What they are paying Jordy compared to his talents is actually in my opinion a discount. If he was a FA this off season he would be making what DT and Dez are making. So while yes they can still be a very productive offense they will still be hurt a bit by his absence. Rodgers definitely helps to cover up some of that hurt and maybe now they run it a bit more but it is an injury that will still hurt. You don't lose a top-10 player at his position and just think everything will be perfect in his absence.
Well, I think you are over-stating what *some* Seattle fans feel about Kam, but I am definitely not described by what you say.

My overall point was not whether Nelson is or isn't being overpayed. GB with Nelson > GB without Nelson. It's that simple. Did they go from top 3 in the league down to Cleveland level? No, of course not. But Jordy Nelson is easily a top 10 WR, maybe top 5. You dont just plug someone in behind that guy and stroll along like nothing happened. The "next man up" business is optimistic fan and coachspeak stuff. It's not reality. If Kam holds out for real games, the Seattle D will not be as good without him. Just like GB O will not be as good without Jordy.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My league always does the fantasy draft the night before the season starts to avoid all these injury issues. Why do people do them early?

I usually do one about now, and another right before first game.

If it's a pay to play league, absolutely wait until last week before start of the season, that's for sure.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit on Rodgers was way worse and that could have been an injury like this. Nelson's injury was non contact. It just goes to show you that injuries are just bad luck most of the time.
I was looking at an article about Jordy's injury and in the comments some guy blamed the coaches for calling a hitch route. That was comedy gold.

If you look at most of the ACL injuries so far this season they were from non-contact plays. I agree with you that it's simply bad luck.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think you are over-stating what *some* Seattle fans feel about Kam, but I am definitely not described by what you say.

My overall point was not whether Nelson is or isn't being overpayed. GB with Nelson > GB without Nelson. It's that simple. Did they go from top 3 in the league down to Cleveland level? No, of course not. But Jordy Nelson is easily a top 10 WR, maybe top 5. You dont just plug someone in behind that guy and stroll along like nothing happened. The "next man up" business is optimistic fan and coachspeak stuff. It's not reality. If Kam holds out for real games, the Seattle D will not be as good without him. Just like GB O will not be as good without Jordy.

So essentially we are saying the same thing...Jordy Nelson's injury hurts the Packers but not to the point that they are now really out of the top-3 or so teams in the NFC. Same with the Seahawks and Kam in it definitely hurts the defense but not to the point that they have now become a bad team. Like I said QB is about the only injury that can derail a team that badly.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davonte is gonna be a top 10 wideout now

Our FF draft was three weeks ago and I chose Davante Adams in a late round. Psyched about that part of it. Still hate hearing about Jordy Nelson. Getting hurt in a preseason is almost the worst, except for getting hurt in the pro bowl

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="cdumler7, post: 7072746, member: 5773"]Well reading over at the Seattle board it seems like some over there feel like they can replace Kam no problem if he continues to hold out into the season. Heck some were thinking it would just be better to trade him. Yet they paid him pretty darn good money for his position. To me you keep the talented players on the team if you have the money. What they are paying Jordy compared to his talents is actually in my opinion a discount. If he was a FA this off season he would be making what DT and Dez are making. So while yes they can still be a very productive offense they will still be hurt a bit by his absence. Rodgers definitely helps to cover up some of that hurt and maybe now they run it a bit more but it is an injury that will still hurt. You don't lose a top-10 player at his position and just think everything will be perfect in his absence.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why you felt the need to put down some Seahawk fans while in a Jordy Nelson injury thread.
Most Seahawk fans maintain the position that Kam is holding out (which is entirely a different situation than Nelson's injury-it is Kam choice to hold out which aggravates a fan base.) and that the team should not budge from their position. I feel that same way.
The one person who mentioned a trade said so if Kam continues the holdout but would hate to see a trade happen. A few mentioned that the better the young'uns play, the less the holdout affects the team.
If Kam refuses to join the club, it would be a better business decision to trade him as opposed to letting his contract rot. Lots of AFC teams would love to have him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="cdumler7, post: 7072746, member: 5773"]Well reading over at the Seattle board it seems like some over there feel like they can replace Kam no problem if he continues to hold out into the season. Heck some were thinking it would just be better to trade him. Yet they paid him pretty darn good money for his position. To me you keep the talented players on the team if you have the money. What they are paying Jordy compared to his talents is actually in my opinion a discount. If he was a FA this off season he would be making what DT and Dez are making. So while yes they can still be a very productive offense they will still be hurt a bit by his absence. Rodgers definitely helps to cover up some of that hurt and maybe now they run it a bit more but it is an injury that will still hurt. You don't lose a top-10 player at his position and just think everything will be perfect in his absence.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to put down some Seahawk fans while in a Jordy Nelson injury thread.
Most Seahawk fans maintain the position that Kam is holding out (which is entirely a different situation than Nelson's injury-it is Kam choice to hold out which aggravates a fan base.) and that the team should not budge from their position. I feel that same way.
The one person who mentioned a trade said so if Kam continues the holdout but would hate to see a trade happen. A few mentioned that the better the young'uns play, the less the holdout affects the team.
If Kam refuses to join the club, it would be a better business decision to trade him as opposed to letting his contract rot. Lots of AFC teams would love to have him.[/QUOTE]
Well it was a Seahawks fan calling out Packers fans for thinking they could replace jordy. I was just pointing towards the Seahawks thread that there are a couple saying it wouldn't be a big deal if he is not on the field. Heck one thought he was maybe the 10th out of 22 starters in rank of what they bring to the team. Another said the defense looked just as good without him and that was with Sherman and Thomas still sitting out. We as fans like to think an injury to a key player won't matter. Which honestly every team has at least one key guy go down a year so if Green Bay doesn't have any others then I think they are just fine. They suffered theirs early but again every team will eventually lose that one guy that the media and fans will say will cost their team in the end.

Niner Empire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so many injuries so far this preseason, this is crazy

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our FF draft was three weeks ago and I chose Davante Adams in a late round. Psyched about that part of it. Still hate hearing about Jordy Nelson. Getting hurt in a preseason is almost the worst, except for getting hurt in the pro bowl

If my team is going to lose a guy like Nelson (not that my team has a lot of guys like Nelson), I would want it to be right now.

GB can now scour the WW or trade market that happens during cut downs to help fill the gap his loss is going to leave.

And of course Jordy gets a FULL year to rehab this thing. Happens late in the season or in the playoffs and he only gets about 7 months between surgery and training camp opening next season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well reading over at the Seattle board it seems like some over there feel like they can replace Kam no problem if he continues to hold out into the season. Heck some were thinking it would just be better to trade him. Yet they paid him pretty darn good money for his position. To me you keep the talented players on the team if you have the money. What they are paying Jordy compared to his talents is actually in my opinion a discount. If he was a FA this off season he would be making what DT and Dez are making. So while yes they can still be a very productive offense they will still be hurt a bit by his absence. Rodgers definitely helps to cover up some of that hurt and maybe now they run it a bit more but it is an injury that will still hurt. You don't lose a top-10 player at his position and just think everything will be perfect in his absence.
Different events entirely, but also I don't think many hawks fans are delusional enough to think anyone can fill in for Kam. In his case they may not have a choice but to trade him given he's holding out and they simply can't negotiate with him. Nelson is a primary target on an offense orientated team and Kam is a primary threat on a defensive orientated team. Both will/would be missed. Kam's is voluntary though. Signed a contract and now refuses to honor it. Some fans are going to be upset and turn on him for it. Don't confuse those, or the random idiots, with what most fans think about his loss.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davonte Adams is going to have a career year. He was already poised to take a huge step forward before Jordy went down. Wouldn't surprise me if him and Cobb form the top duo on the league.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different events entirely, but also I don't think many hawks fans are delusional enough to think anyone can fill in for Kam. In his case they may not have a choice but to trade him given he's holding out and they simply can't negotiate with him. Nelson is a primary target on an offense orientated team and Kam is a primary threat on a defensive orientated team. Both will/would be missed. Kam's is voluntary though. Signed a contract and now refuses to honor it. Some fans are going to be upset and turn on him for it. Don't confuse those, or the random idiots, with what most fans think about his loss.

That's why I said just a few. I know the majority know his value on the team and I'm sure those few it is more coming from a place of frustration that he would be doing this to the team. I would be upset if a Bronco player was doing the same thing. Heck I remember hearing some of the contracts they offered DT this off season and being frustrated that during the season he said he would take a discount to stay with the team then all of a sudden when it comes to negotiating he all of a sudden expects to make more than Calvin Johnson. I think many Bronco fans were ready to move on even though he is a very talented player and yes it would hurt our team to not have him here.

Believe me I'm not trying to confuse the two I was more just responding to the Seahawks poster wondering how some Packers fans could be playing the "Don't worry" card in this situation. I am actually with the Packers fans in I don't think it is time to panic at all. Jordy is a talent for sure and it will hurt them some but I can promise you at some point your Seahawks are going to suffer an injury to a big name player and people will overpanic saying the Seahawks are done. A good team is bigger than one player and I think you know that and know the Seahawks can win whether they have Kam or not just like the Packers will still be a great offense with or without Jordy in my opinion.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davonte Adams is going to have a career year. He was already poised to take a huge step forward before Jordy went down. Wouldn't surprise me if him and Cobb form the top duo on the league.

Whoa whoa they have some catching up to do if they expect to beat the DT/Sanders combo. They blew everybody else out of the water last year as a combo.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Kam for the year would probably be worse for Seattle than Nelson for the year would be for the Pack. Kam is a very unique size/ability player in a key role that no one can fill. Rodgers is the best QB in the league and makes people he throws to better than they otherwise would be.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Kam for the year would probably be worse for Seattle than Nelson for the year would be for the Pack. Kam is a very unique size/ability player in a key role that no one can fill. Rodgers is the best QB in the league and makes people he throws to better than they otherwise would be.

OH I agree. I still think though that the Seahawks even without Kam are a top-5 defense in this league. He definitely has a unique role that fits him perfectly but I think with the talent on that defense from top to bottom they could cover up losing even a great player like Kam. Now with Kam they do continue to be an other worldly type defense that nobody wants to play. I think a few TE's though would breath a sigh of relief if they knew going over the middle Kam wasn't there waiting.