• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 loudest stadiums

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon pumps in noise, so DQd.

Can I pick the OB in the 80s/90s?

Seriously tho, the swamp is the most inhospitable, besides maybe the jets stadium filled with 7 year olds..

Hard to pick the loudest tho. All big games tend to be loud. Right now Ill pick camp randall, but retain the right to change my mind. The doak gets insane, but the fans are mostly classy there, not that whisky fans arent, im just not sure they even have a visitors section, lol.

That's funny. Oregon pumps in noise. If letting all of us tailgate for 8 hours before a night game and having the easiest place to sneak in liquor is pumping in noise, then I agree.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On October 27, 2007, during a 24–17 victory against the USC Trojans, a then-record crowd of 59,277 fans was recorded at 127.2 decibels. A similarly loud 31–27 upset of third-ranked Michigan in 2003 prompted a Michigan Daily columnist to write[22]
“ Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It’s louder than any place I’ve ever been, and that includes The Swamp at Florida, The Shoe in Columbus, and Death Valley at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die. ” Michigan coach Lloyd Carr later said that Autzen Stadium was the loudest stadium he'd ever been in.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autzen_Stadium#cite_note-jeffsmith-23

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS, you haven't been to the new Husky Stadium so your Pac rankings with them #2 are meaningless. Also the reality is when Oregon comes to town they have brought a lot of their crowd with them in recent years which drops the volume down significantly. It is far louder for every other game. Same happened in the 90's when UW would travel very very well all over the conf with the run they were on. Autzen wasn't nearly as loud for those games as they were for all the rest.

Wiz, if you happen to ever take off your purple tinted glasses and see the world, you might actually learn something. If you actually read my post objectively, you will see that I was complimenting Husky stadium. Yes it is loud, and yes I have been there multiple times. I have seen the Huskies blow out Oregon and vice versa. IMO autzen is still louder. I have been there when there were only a few pockets of Oregon fans, and I have been there when we owned the whole stadium like 2 years ago.

I will be at Husky stadium in a few weeks and I will hear for myself. I heard from a close friend (Husky fan) that it is pretty loud, and does seem a lot louder from his seat. I am sure it is on the field as well, since they removed that stupid track and brought the seats closer.

Also those were not PAC rankings, since when is Boise St in the PAC? Those were my rankings based on where I have been, purely based on my experience.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enron

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until yall can fill up your stadium halfway Can fans shouldnt even be allowed to comment is this thread.

Over 40k for savannah state. Thats more than half full last week. Guess I can comment. Stop spewing bullshit

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 40k for savannah state. Thats more than half full last week. Guess I can comment. Stop spewing bullshit

Youre :first:

40,000!!! woop wooooop

:lol:

Miami fans just dont care unless they are winning.

You are the one full of shit man. Pumping in crowd noise.... With absolutely zero knowledge of what you speak. If any one would have knowledge of this and want to point it out it would be Husky fans.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true at a lot of schools. playing a rival or highly ranked opponenet will probably be louder than playing an FCS team.

Thats one thing Oregon fans are good at they dont care. they want to be loud so it doesnt matter if it is Nicholls State or Tenn Oregon will be loud. At the same time Im sure it goes up a notch for certain games like UW and Oregon state

Thats how wisky fans are. Went to one game vs a team not worthy of me remembering and I still suffered a lil hearing loss. Love those fans. Made me a fan. Packers fans too. Intense

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre :first:

40,000!!! woop wooooop

:lol:

Miami fans just dont care unless they are winning.

You are the one full of shit man. Pumping in crowd noise.... With absolutely zero knowledge of what you speak. If any one would have knowledge of this and want to point it out it would be Husky fans.

Wouldnt 40k just about fill autzen? Lol

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt 40k just about fill autzen? Lol

Short by 20k. Not a big stadium at least as big as others. Which makes it funny because they are arguably the loudest.

Keep in mind the state's population is not big at all.

Not only that they have nearly 6k a game that buy standing room only. Way more than Miami can say when they cant even fill up 70% of the place.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is true at a lot of schools. playing a rival or highly ranked opponenet will probably be louder than playing an FCS team.

Thats one thing Oregon fans are good at they dont care. they want to be loud so it doesnt matter if it is Nicholls State or Tenn Oregon will be loud. At the same time Im sure it goes up a notch for certain games like UW and Oregon state

It has a lot to do with other activities in the home city. Teams in large metro areas are much harder to pack full for a nicholls state than a more rural campus. Add to that school doesn't start until after those crappy OOC games for the most part and that has an impact on student attendance.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
656617525.jpg

:noidea:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what the stadium looked like during the 'whammy in miami' game in '94 I can tell you that. You know, the game where UW went into their house and snapped their 58 game home winning streak beating them 38-20.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short by 20k. Not a big stadium at least as big as others. Which makes it funny because they are arguably the loudest.

Keep in mind the state's population is not big at all.

Not only that they have nearly 6k a game that buy standing room only. Way more than Miami can say when they cant even fill up 70% of the place.

Ok, orgon outpaced us by 10% last year. That apparently isnt transitioning to NCs for you guys.

In 2001, the year yall got snubbed, miami outpaced you guys at the same rate. Looking at uo attendance records, they barely ever break a 45k avg unless they are hyped up. Your arguement sucks

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what the stadium looked like during the 'whammy in miami' game in '94 I can tell you that. You know, the game where UW went into their house and snapped their 58 game home winning streak beating them 38-20.

Was there, ugh