• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 loudest stadiums

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it any surprise that LSU is also the number 1 party school? LOL....I think that factors in here....

Some day I will travel to all the SEC schools and see these huge stadiums myself. I have heard plenty about VA Tech as well. I wish sometimes NCAA would rotate schedules like the NFL does so we could get more chances to travel and see some of these places.

I always considered Arizona St. and Wisconsin to be the top party schools.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id still go with ASU in the top 3 for the simple fact that every girl there looks like a playboy model.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS, you haven't been to the new Husky Stadium so your Pac rankings with them #2 are meaningless. Also the reality is when Oregon comes to town they have brought a lot of their crowd with them in recent years which drops the volume down significantly. It is far louder for every other game. Same happened in the 90's when UW would travel very very well all over the conf with the run they were on. Autzen wasn't nearly as loud for those games as they were for all the rest.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autzen only seats 55k. The reason it's so loud is because Uncle Phil brought in a bunch of acoustics experts during the last renovation to make sure it could be constructed to become as "artificially loud" as possible.

The effect is called the "Autzen bounce" by those who work in the acoustics biz. You drop a pin in that bowl and it sounds like a bomb went off. Just another, in a never ending parade, of Nike bankrolled gimmicks to bring attention to themselves. Again, this is a stadium that seats 55k.

Let's be clear on the definition of loud with these rankings.

Not true. Season tix for nearly 20 years. It was just as loud before construction.

It was built in that design in 1967. In the 90s and early 2000s before construction (in 2002) it was still regarded as one of the 5 loudest.

It is dug down into a hill. Imagine digging a hill and putting a bowl in it with seats. That is Autzen.

Plus it seats 54,000 and we get 5,000 + standing room every game. Attendance is usually between 59 and change.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Knight is not the reason Oregon's stadium is loud. Come on now.

The landfill bowl design was the perfect setting to implement this. The lack of exit points for sound waves means the only exit is the top. It was a perfect setting to implement this effect into the design of the new stadium. Then they set the seating slope angles to aim the sound right at the field. Then they designed the upper areas to allow the sound waves to bounce off them at the right angles to reduce the amount loss and actually return the waves for another round back into the stadium lower bowl. You end up with this soup of noise that sustains for artificially long periods of time.

I went to games there pre 2001 stadium renovation and after. All of a sudden, a stadium that seats 55k and on any given game minus 5k+ to the visitors sounded like there was 100k screaming their heads off. It was not a coincidence. It was done purposely by design. The school has 0 say in any if these projects. Uncle Phil brings in all his own people for everything.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loudest place I've been is the Swamp...went to a UF/UT game and sat under one of the decks...I had to scream to the girl I was with just so she could hear me

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The landfill bowl design was the perfect setting to implement this. The lack of exit points for sound waves means the only exit is the top. It was a perfect setting to implement this effect into the design of the new stadium. Then they set the seating slope angles to aim the sound right at the field. Then they designed the upper areas to allow the sound waves to bounce off them at the right angles to reduce the amount loss and actually return the waves for another round back into the stadium lower bowl. You end up with this soup of noise that sustains for artificially long periods of time.

I went to games there pre 2001 stadium renovation and after. All of a sudden, a stadium that seats 55k and on any given game minus 5k+ to the visitors sounded like there was 100k screaming their heads off. It was not a coincidence. It was done purposely by design. The school has 0 say in any if these projects. Uncle Phil brings in all his own people for everything.

Autzen isn't a new stadium. They expanded and actually added exit points on the new side of the contruction.

Before the expansion there were two ways in. From the top, and from the field.

Now the entrance point on one half of the stadium (the new side) is right in the middle of the seating. You come in halfway up. GO down or go up to your seats.

Luckily for me, I et to go all the way to the front row for going on 20 years.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id still go with ASU in the top 3 for the simple fact that every girl there looks like a playboy model.

There is a reason they call it All Sex U.

Many of the Cali girls who didn't have the grades to get into the Cali PAC schools head to schools like San Diego St. and ASU to party hard and get toilet paper degrees. You walk onto those campuses and your mouths hit the ground. Babe central.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front row? That is usually a pretty crappy seat.

I've sat in multiple places but I had season tickets for a while on the 50 about 6 rows in the upper deck at Auburn and they were great. You could see the entire field and really see plays develope. I took an ex-NFL reciever with me to one game and that was an incredible experience listening to what he say as plays were going on nothing missed him. Watching all that film for years doesn't wear off they have really good eyes for passing lanes and missed opportunities.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good for now. When the South Zone is done, A&M should move up to #1. 100k+ fans and a full bowl.

We're set for our additions as well. not so fast my friend.

Edit: Just read it. :thumb:

True, aTm will likely move up the list, but LSU is also expanding to 100K+ adding another level to the existing South Zone Bowl to open in 2014. Unlikely the Aggies will pass the perennial #1 loudest venue: Death Valley.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front row? That is usually a pretty crappy seat.

I've sat in multiple places but I had season tickets for a while on the 50 about 6 rows in the upper deck at Auburn and they were great. You could see the entire field and really see plays develope. I took an ex-NFL reciever with me to one game and that was an incredible experience listening to what he say as plays were going on nothing missed him. Watching all that film for years doesn't wear off they have really good eyes for passing lanes and missed opportunities.

It aint crappy at Autzen man. I would have traded it long ago if it were.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this isn't the late 80s and early 90s when Kyle was intimidating. Aggy hasn't been loud at Kyle for years due to not selling out home games on a consistent basis while in the Big 12. I'm sure that will change with their move to the SEC.

he also made it sound like the sound didn't really carry down to the field as well... which isn't surprising when most of their fans are 5 stories above the ground

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autzen only seats 55k. The reason it's so loud is because Uncle Phil brought in a bunch of acoustics experts during the last renovation to make sure it could be constructed to become as "artificially loud" as possible.

The effect is called the "Autzen bounce" by those who work in the acoustics biz. You drop a pin in that bowl and it sounds like a bomb went off. Just another, in a never ending parade, of Nike bankrolled gimmicks to bring attention to themselves. Again, this is a stadium that seats 55k.

Let's be clear on the definition of loud with these rankings.

:10::laugh3::clap::lame:

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M by a Long shot... I went to several UT/A&M games and it was crazy!

Man if its A&M by a LONG SHOT the earthquakes they make there must be insane, funny thing is the only stadium I have heard of where the cheering registered as an earthquake was at Death Valley. LSU is #1 for good reason.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if its A&M by a LONG SHOT the earthquakes they make there must be insane, funny thing is the only stadium I have heard of where the cheering registered as an earthquake was at Death Valley. LSU is #1 for good reason.

Yep. College that is true. But NFL in Seattle may be the loudest of any football stadium. They registered an earthquake on this run vs NOLA in a playoff win

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he also made it sound like the sound didn't really carry down to the field as well... which isn't surprising when most of their fans are 5 stories above the ground

Hell, the Jones is loud as hell when there is a night game going on. I'd put the Jones up against any other stadium when they're playing Texas or OU at night. Was at the game in '08 :L