• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 loudest stadiums

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU's the loudest I've ever been in.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if its A&M by a LONG SHOT the earthquakes they make there must be insane, funny thing is the only stadium I have heard of where the cheering registered as an earthquake was at Death Valley. LSU is #1 for good reason.

Happened in Lane 2 years ago during this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autzen only seats 55k. The reason it's so loud is because Uncle Phil brought in a bunch of acoustics experts during the last renovation to make sure it could be constructed to become as "artificially loud" as possible.

The effect is called the "Autzen bounce" by those who work in the acoustics biz. You drop a pin in that bowl and it sounds like a bomb went off. Just another, in a never ending parade, of Nike bankrolled gimmicks to bring attention to themselves. Again, this is a stadium that seats 55k.

Let's be clear on the definition of loud with these rankings.

Good post but sadly that argument goes both ways.

Husky Stadium and CenturyLink Field were both constructed to create as much noise as possible also. But don't tell that to Seahawks fans, they just think that their voices are each individually naturally louder than anyone else in the world.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a guy at work played football at Tech and said Tech's stadium is louder than A&M's

though part of that might be because A&M's stadium was usually at 80% capacity when he played
-
Tech may get louder than A&M. I was there in a tight Texas/A&M game it was louder tthan the final Texas/A&M game. Probably because its mostly underground

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why they don't just settle this debate with, you know, real devices that currently exist?

Throw a microphone down on the field for all home games and average it out. Measure lows, highs and the average. That would pretty much solve it.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
football_breaks_tackles67ydtd.gif

Darren_8e4468_1726622.jpg

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon pumps in noise, so DQd.

Can I pick the OB in the 80s/90s?

Seriously tho, the swamp is the most inhospitable, besides maybe the jets stadium filled with 7 year olds..

Hard to pick the loudest tho. All big games tend to be loud. Right now Ill pick camp randall, but retain the right to change my mind. The doak gets insane, but the fans are mostly classy there, not that whisky fans arent, im just not sure they even have a visitors section, lol.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon pumps in noise, so DQd.

Can I pick the OB in the 80s/90s?

Seriously tho, the swamp is the most inhospitable, besides maybe the jets stadium filled with 7 year olds..

Hard to pick the loudest tho. All big games tend to be loud. Right now Ill pick camp randall, but retain the right to change my mind. The doak gets insane, but the fans are mostly classy there, not that whisky fans arent, im just not sure they even have a visitors section, lol.

:lame:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why they don't just settle this debate with, you know, real devices that currently exist?

Throw a microphone down on the field for all home games and average it out. Measure lows, highs and the average. That would pretty much solve it.

Autzen recorded 127.2 decibles vs Michigan in 2003. Dont know if they have recorded since.

World record was a couple weeks ago of course when Seattle Seahawks fans went 131.7 for a world record.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autzen recorded 127.2 decibles vs Michigan in 2003. Dont know if they have recorded since.

World record was a couple weeks ago of course when Seattle Seahawks fans went 131.7 for a world record.

Right, and I think Michigan hit in the 120 decibels when we faced OSU in 2009 or so when the stadium renovations were done. But that was the max, I think when we scored. That doesn't predict how loud a crowd is throughout a game. No doubt Michigan can get loud, but I'd imagine the most important thing is how consistently loud the stadium is.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of this is nonsense in College. A lot depends on the match up and the game. So many variables to this discussion, that it is impossible to pick a winner.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it mostly depends how big the student section is, and how close they are to the field. The students make most of the noise inside a stadium.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autzen only seats 55k. The reason it's so loud is because Uncle Phil brought in a bunch of acoustics experts during the last renovation to make sure it could be constructed to become as "artificially loud" as possible.

The effect is called the "Autzen bounce" by those who work in the acoustics biz. You drop a pin in that bowl and it sounds like a bomb went off. Just another, in a never ending parade, of Nike bankrolled gimmicks to bring attention to themselves. Again, this is a stadium that seats 55k.

Let's be clear on the definition of loud with these rankings.

False
Autzen was loud before the renovation. that was a hot point during renovation, people were worried that any change might impact how loud it got.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if its A&M by a LONG SHOT the earthquakes they make there must be insane, funny thing is the only stadium I have heard of where the cheering registered as an earthquake was at Death Valley. LSU is #1 for good reason.

Cheering doesnt register as an earthquake. the collective jump up to their feet did.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of this is nonsense in College. A lot depends on the match up and the game. So many variables to this discussion, that it is impossible to pick a winner.

this is true at a lot of schools. playing a rival or highly ranked opponenet will probably be louder than playing an FCS team.

Thats one thing Oregon fans are good at they dont care. they want to be loud so it doesnt matter if it is Nicholls State or Tenn Oregon will be loud. At the same time Im sure it goes up a notch for certain games like UW and Oregon state

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it mostly depends how big the student section is, and how close they are to the field. The students make most of the noise inside a stadium.

I think more is due to the shape of the stadium. Lane, Autzen, and Kyle Field are all very steep and while the crowds are consistently loud, I'm sure the shape of the stadium plays a roll in actual Db readings