• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 loudest stadiums

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 loudest stadiums according to NCAA.com

1. Tiger Stadium (LSU)
2. Autzen Stadium (Oregon)
3. Kyle Field (Texas A&M)
4. Camp Randall (Wisconsin)
5. Lane Stadium (Virginia Tech)

- NCAA.com

Not sure what factors went into this list but im sure a lot of you disagree. List your top 5.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems legit

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good for now. When the South Zone is done, A&M should move up to #1. 100k+ fans and a full bowl.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M by a Long shot... I went to several UT/A&M games and it was crazy!

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a guy at work played football at Tech and said Tech's stadium is louder than A&M's

though part of that might be because A&M's stadium was usually at 80% capacity when he played

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU is the loudest place I have ever been and I have been to most of the "old" SEC venues.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinnick is the loudest stadium in the B1G, at least when they are good and their student section cares. Illinois is also really damn loud for architectural reasons, despite their shitty fans. Camp Randall and Ohio Stadium are both very loud stadiums, but I think their sheer size makes them quieter than Kinnick or Memorial.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a guy at work played football at Tech and said Tech's stadium is louder than A&M's

though part of that might be because A&M's stadium was usually at 80% capacity when he played

Yeah, this isn't the late 80s and early 90s when Kyle was intimidating. Aggy hasn't been loud at Kyle for years due to not selling out home games on a consistent basis while in the Big 12. I'm sure that will change with their move to the SEC.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't go several years ago when Auburn played WV in Morgantown but was told it was the drunkest crowd my friends that did go had ever seen. The photographic evidence they brought back was outstanding.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been, but Oregon is surprising to me considering the shape etc.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Tiger Stadium (LSU)

- NCAA.com

Not sure what factors went into this list but im sure a lot of you disagree. List your top 5.

Autzen only seats 55k. The reason it's so loud is because Uncle Phil brought in a bunch of acoustics experts during the last renovation to make sure it could be constructed to become as "artificially loud" as possible.

The effect is called the "Autzen bounce" by those who work in the acoustics biz. You drop a pin in that bowl and it sounds like a bomb went off. Just another, in a never ending parade, of Nike bankrolled gimmicks to bring attention to themselves. Again, this is a stadium that seats 55k.

Let's be clear on the definition of loud with these rankings.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Autzen only seats 55k. The reason it's so loud is because Uncle Phil brought in a bunch of acoustics experts during the last renovation to make sure it could be constructed to become as "artificially loud" as possible.

The effect is called the "Autzen bounce" by those who work in the acoustics biz. You drop a pin in that bowl and it sounds like a bomb went off. Just another, in a never ending parade, of Nike bankrolled gimmicks to bring attention to themselves. Again, this is a stadium that seats 55k.

Phil Knight is not the reason Oregon's stadium is loud. Come on now.

fla-TIGER

LSU 2019 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 966.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good for now. When the South Zone is done, A&M should move up to #1. 100k+ fans and a full bowl.

True, aTm will likely move up the list, but LSU is also expanding to 100K+ adding another level to the existing South Zone Bowl to open in 2014. Unlikely the Aggies will pass the perennial #1 loudest venue: Death Valley.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW....I am shocked to see this coming from a Husky fan...snicker snicker. Instead of talking about his own stadium, he immediately jumps to trying the slam Oregon. Looks like a little Duck Envy if you ask me. Hey Husky check your facts, UW is a Nike school and gets plenty of money from Nike. Looks like he is your uncle too....google that shit. Nike and The Phil Knight foundation have given millions to UW including the sports program.

Autzen is just plain loud, period.... and it was loud before the expansion. It is a bowl shape with a steep incline, the field is very close to the stands and the fans are very very loud. Especially at night games. Some hardcore Duck fans will even tell you that it was louder BEFORE the expansion. If you want to know how loud it is, ask all of the visiting teams.

As far as the standings in the thread:

I have not been to any stadiums in the South, or really anywhere very far east, but from my experiences, the loudest stadiums I have been to are :

1. Autzen
2. Husky Stadium (yes, I am being honest here...)
3. Arizona (back when they were pretty good)
4. Reser Stadium (I know its small, but they can get loud when they have a good team)
5. Boise St.

I would love to go to SEC stadiums, I hear they are all pretty much loud.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Tiger Stadium (LSU)

- NCAA.com

Is it any surprise that LSU is also the number 1 party school? LOL....I think that factors in here....

Some day I will travel to all the SEC schools and see these huge stadiums myself. I have heard plenty about VA Tech as well. I wish sometimes NCAA would rotate schedules like the NFL does so we could get more chances to travel and see some of these places.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate to go the homer pick. but i once saw a quote from a sportswriter that stated oregon & syracuse had the two loudest stadiums

i dunno about that but i will see if i can get a DB meter for the clemson game and see what it reads