• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 3 Cy Young Canidates this year as of now

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny is very smart and knows his shit. Reynolds is an idiot who can never back his idiocy up.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any of you waste your time and watch MLB now but Brian Kenny and Harold Reynolds are dumb and dumber. Every day they are both just stupid.

Classic quote from Harold arguing Kershaw and Harvey "Why is it betweeen these two? I don't think it should be I think there is someone else that wins the award"

Kenny: "well who do you think wins it"

Reynolds "I don't know, it's not like I have every guys numbers right here, I just feel neither of those two will win"

Classic stuff. Being a former player must be a free ticket to being an analyst.

I honestly think Reynolds was hired to give idiotic opinions just to :ss:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny is very smart and knows his shit. Reynolds is an idiot who can never back his idiocy up.

Ya i guess I should have specified with Kenny. He's actually pretty well rounded. Some of his arugments are just stupid though and more just to argue.

In the end though he usually wins every argument because even if Harold is right, he never has any proof our clue how he got to his conclusion lol.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Harold Reynolds again lamenting the rangers mid season for trading Michael Young by saying, "You don't want his 200 hits in your lineup?"

He's not sniffing 200 hits moron. :L

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's Kershaws to lose. Kid is a punk and a douche from what I have seen, but damn can he pitch.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Harold Reynolds again lamenting the rangers mid season for trading Michael Young by saying, "You don't want his 200 hits in your lineup?"

He's not sniffing 200 hits moron. :L

HAHA that's great. There was one a few weeks ago that sadly I can't remember but Kenny aruged for a player and used stats to support his claim.

Harold then threw out a player who in my opinion was actually the better answer but when Kenny asked the simple question why, "Idk i don't have all the stats, hes just my guy" harold went with almost that same answer as today.

Classic. Even when he's right he looks like an idiot.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL unless Kershaw blows up nobody is beating him Harold. He has the lowest opponent average best ERA. Strikesout guys, eats innings. The dude is the best pitcher in baseball

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer wins again. 7 innings 2 Rs 4 hits.
over a division foe. 17-1 . just give it to him now

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer wins again. 7 innings 2 Rs 4 hits.
over a division foe. 17-1 . just give it to him now

Yeah cause win loss record is everything. Rick helling won 20 games for the rangers with a mid 4 era. Lets give him a CY young !!!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah cause win loss record is everything. Rick helling won 20 games for the rangers with a mid 4 era. Lets give him a CY young !!!!!

Is this your first experience with Dougy?

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any of you waste your time and watch MLB now but Brian Kenny and Harold Reynolds are dumb and dumber. Every day they are both just stupid.

Classic quote from Harold arguing Kershaw and Harvey "Why is it betweeen these two? I don't think it should be I think there is someone else that wins the award"

Kenny: "well who do you think wins it"

Reynolds "I don't know, it's not like I have every guys numbers right here, I just feel neither of those two will win"

Classic stuff. Being a former player must be a free ticket to being an analyst.
Kenny is pretty bad, but Reynolds makes him look like Copernicus. I can't believe how awful Reynolds is. He used to be the best guy on E!SPN and now he's just... I don't even know how to put it into words. To me, it means one of three things:

a.) the other guys at E!SPN were *THAT* bad that they made him sound great
b.) he's intentionally dumbed himself down to play a character
c.) he has so much air time to fill that he runs out of good material and just has to fill air

MLBN's problem is that they're trying to follow E!SPN's model, where it's entertainment first and information 2nd. When the network first started, it was all about information and highlights and news and informing people about the players. Now, it's about opinions and debate. I'd still rather watch MLBN than E!SPN, but I find myself watching less and less. It's a shame because when it first started, I would literally watch for hours on end.

For anyone on twitter, I highly recommend @HeardOnMLBT. They highlight all the stupid shit they say. It's astounding.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny is pretty bad, but Reynolds makes him look like Copernicus. I can't believe how awful Reynolds is. He used to be the best guy on E!SPN and now he's just... I don't even know how to put it into words. To me, it means one of three things:

a.) the other guys at E!SPN were *THAT* bad that they made him sound great
b.) he's intentionally dumbed himself down to play a character
c.) he has so much air time to fill that he runs out of good material and just has to fill air

MLBN's problem is that they're trying to follow E!SPN's model, where it's entertainment first and information 2nd. When the network first started, it was all about information and highlights and news and informing people about the players. Now, it's about opinions and debate. I'd still rather watch MLBN than E!SPN, but I find myself watching less and less. It's a shame because when it first started, I would literally watch for hours on end.

For anyone on twitter, I highly recommend @HeardOnMLBT. They highlight all the stupid shit they say. It's astounding.

I'm thinking it's option A....when you have someone like Kruk saying Randy Johnson will win 30 games with the Yankees, Reynolds probably could say just about anything and seem smart.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it's option A....when you have someone like Kruk saying Randy Johnson will win 30 games with the Yankees, Reynolds probably could say just about anything and seem smart.
And Eduardo Perez saying the Red Sox would win the AL East by 10 games in 2009 because they acquired Brad Penny and John Smoltz.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Eduardo Perez saying the Red Sox would win the AL East by 10 games in 2009 because they acquired Brad Penny and John Smoltz.

My least favorite thing on ESPN right now is the "What Bugs Doug" segement. I barely even know who the F he is, I don't care what bugs him.

I agree I do like MLB Network better even though it is starting to be about debates too much. I love the live look ins they do when games are going on so I can watch key moments of other good games rather than having to sit and watch the whole game IF it happen to even be on tv.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's also the league leading WHIP, BAA, OPS against, OBP against, 2nd in K/BB ratio... so no it's not just the record. His ERA has been trending downward too. He's .45 off of King Felix's lead. If he cuts that lead to inside .3 and maintains his other stats, it's his to lose imo. I think it's a toss up today.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Scherzer's overall numbers are worthy of putting him in the discussion, not just his record.

But yeah... his record is what will seal it with the BBWAA. They cream their pants over a guy with 20 wins and less than 5 losses.

tygerphan4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer is a prick, and I don't care who he pitches for. Definitely belongs in this discussion someplace. If not the winner, then damn close. In case somebody needs to report this 2.90 ERAs or whatever it is now are nothing to fuck with.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer is a prick, and I don't care who he pitches for. Definitely belongs in this discussion someplace. If not the winner, then damn close. In case somebody needs to report this 2.90 ERAs or whatever it is now are nothing to fuck with.
Why does it matter whether or not Scherzer is a prick? And how do you know?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also the league leading WHIP, BAA, OPS against, OBP against, 2nd in K/BB ratio... so no it's not just the record. His ERA has been trending downward too. He's .45 off of King Felix's lead. If he cuts that lead to inside .3 and maintains his other stats, it's his to lose imo. I think it's a toss up today.

Still early though and there BAA is pretty much the same.