• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 3 Cy Young Canidates this year as of now

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go away kiddo. Who's cussing and not being civil? I do my best to just steer clear of you. Have since you spent years of your adolescence trying to convince people Verlander wasn't an ace.... Kids these days, I tell ya. If you had read my stance you'd see that other stats do matter, they just are relative... To how often they're done. Which is where the importance of innings comes into play. You're probably going to stalk me now like the old days aren't you?

Literally what are you even talking about? I never stalked you...ever. I basically only post on the smack talk thread. And since you were too dumb the time you stopped by there(again attacking me) I HAVNT BASHED VERLANDER. Cleaves and all those guys have heard me countless times say people are over reacting to him getting hit hard.

You actually have serious issues that need to be adressed.

You try to stay clear of knowledge. All I did was bring up very realistic selections of better Cy young canidates and you immediately turned it on me acting like you are some higher power.

You are an idiot. That will never chance.

Once again....Cliff Lee BWHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like Kershaw? Wainwright? Hernandez? Scherzer? Darvish isn't in your ten best starters in baseball? You just like that I'm responding to you, don't you? I think I'll stop doing that.

Seriously, call a doctor ASAP.

I already said King Felix, Scherzer and Darvish are the clear front runners.

You just like...being wrong...don't you?

Kershaw, Wainwright and Harvey are the front runners in the NL.

I through out guys who would be in the conversation over the idiotic Cliff Lee notion. Corbin, now that is an actual contender.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer, King Felix and Masterson in the AL. Colon and Holland hanging around the conversation though. Kershaw, Wainwright and Harvey in the NL. Cliff Lee and Corbin could get in the mix again if Harvey gets forced to put the kid gloves on, which is probably a great idea.

Lee has slipped as of late. Skipped in the rotation plus three or four non-great starts. He's slipped, like Sale, in ERA. But I don't see why you've taken exception to my picks(exception, obsession, whatever). Outside of Masterson, who I mentioned several times walks too many, and I'm not that big on him. He's capable of dominating, keeping the Indians in the division race and staying in the conversation for post season awards. Thats me looking at him in a forgiving optimistic light, Ill admit. The rest you seem to agree on, yet feel the need to call me names. Seems odd. Also odd that you forget how you trolled on CBS for years talking about Joe Mauer being great and most every Tiger being awful. I don't forget annoying. I also don't like talking to you, as I lost most respect for your opinions, takes, and rants over three years ago.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee has slipped as of late. Skipped in the rotation plus three or four non-great starts. He's slipped, like Sale, in ERA. But I don't see why you've taken exception to my picks(exception, obsession, whatever). Outside of Masterson, who I mentioned several times walks too many, and I'm not that big on him. He's capable of dominating, keeping the Indians in the division race and staying in the conversation for post season awards. Thats me looking at him in a forgiving optimistic light, Ill admit. The rest you seem to agree on, yet feel the need to call me names. Seems odd. Also odd that you forget how you trolled on CBS for years talking about Joe Mauer being great and most every Tiger being awful. I don't forget annoying. I also don't like talking to you, as I lost most respect for your opinions, takes, and rants over three years ago.

First off, I responed to your picks. Because 1. I actually made the mistake and for some reason though this thread was only 3 pages when I clicked on it. 2. aside from that after your picks it was just you and the ranger guy going back and forth about Darvish. So these were the most recent names. Don't flatter yourself. I was just responding to names and gave my own. Didn't attack, just listed a bunch of very credible names. That was all.

You feel defeated, or self entitled or w/e goes through your head to be oddly offended and told me to put on my pajamas. Then the name calling came..because you made stereotypical assumptions as insults first. Rather than just talking baseball.

Joe Mauer is great. In the past mostly ever Tiger has been awful. Again, I have basically only been a part of the AL Central smack Talk. Trolled CBS? That's a new one. That is actually what Tigers fans were famous for and why the place went to hell....I got one warning for trolling...it was from White Sox fans on a game glog...where the Twins played the Sox. Credible If I say so.

I use my smack talk for the "Smack talk" thread. Even there I mostly just make fun of Dougy or the Twins because they suck so bad.

Try to spice things up and actually talk some league wide baseball and I get bullshit spewed from you rather than just talking Cy young contenders like the thread was made for.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I understand we all defend our guy :) but he goes 7 innings most of the time even with some walks. He's still improving every year so I wouldn't be suprised to see the walks go down every year. But thanks for the good argument this is always fun indeed

To be fair, he's gone less than 7 innings in 11 of his 21 starts, and his last outing was the first time in 1.5 months that he's gone 7. All those games where he's at 110+ pitches by the time he finishes the 6th aren't helping in terms of his longevity in games.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NL CYA is Kershaw's to lose. He is so clearly the best pitcher in the NL, it's silly. Honorable mention to Adam Wainwright and Matt Harvey, but I see little chance they'll catch Kershaw. I'd actually argue that Kershaw is now in the picture for the NL MVP as well.

The AL CYA comes down to Scherzer, Hernandez and Darvish, with HM to Chris Sale, Bartolo Colon and Hisashi Iwakuma.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scherzer, King Felix and Masterson in the AL. Colon and Holland hanging around the conversation though. Kershaw, Wainwright and Harvey in the NL. Cliff Lee and Corbin could get in the mix again if Harvey gets forced to put the kid gloves on, which is probably a great idea.
Masterson??? What???

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ervin Santana is not having a better year than Masterson. Even if JM walks too many batters. (So does ES) Hes not a top twenty type pitcher and certainly not a Cy Young candidate. He has a better ERA at the moment, but not substantially better. Could you go put your Jammies on hockeyboy? The rest of us were trying to have a conversation about baseball.
They're pretty close, but I'd give Santana the edge. Similar number of innings (Santana actually has more IP/GS), better ERA and ERA+, better WHIP, better K/BB. Masterson has a better OPSA and xFIP, and has an edge in K/9.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he's gone less than 7 innings in 11 of his 21 starts, and his last outing was the first time in 1.5 months that he's gone 7. All those games where he's at 110+ pitches by the time he finishes the 6th aren't helping in terms of his longevity in games.

I'm just saying in most of his starts he has or at least gets close. He could of got deeper into the game in some of the games the rangers blew out teams in.

He's averaged 6 2/3 innings so that's pretty much 7 innings

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NL CYA is Kershaw's to lose. He is so clearly the best pitcher in the NL, it's silly. Honorable mention to Adam Wainwright and Matt Harvey, but I see little chance they'll catch Kershaw. I'd actually argue that Kershaw is now in the picture for the NL MVP as well.

The AL CYA comes down to Scherzer, Hernandez and Darvish, with HM to Chris Sale, Bartolo Colon and Hisashi Iwakuma.

HM? Lol

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it's fair for him to win or not, don't dismiss Harvey...some big-time magic goin' on over there. :nod:

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether it's fair for him to win or not, don't dismiss Harvey...some big-time magic goin' on over there. :nod:
I don't think anyone's dismissed him, but between Kershaw's dominance and the fact the Mets are going to shut Harvey down sometime in September, I don't see much of a chance he finishes better than 2nd unless there is some drastic change between now and then, such as Kershaw imploding or getting badly hurt.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone's dismissed him, but between Kershaw's dominance and the fact the Mets are going to shut Harvey down sometime in September, I don't see much of a chance he finishes better than 2nd unless there is some drastic change between now and then, such as Kershaw imploding or getting badly hurt.

Agreed. The fact Kershaw is going to definitely pitch through the year and end up with probably considerably more innings I think it's his to win.

Also, as of now Kershaw is in MVP talks along with it. Cy young is def his to lose.

Harvey is still an absolute beast though.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any of you waste your time and watch MLB now but Brian Kenny and Harold Reynolds are dumb and dumber. Every day they are both just stupid.

Classic quote from Harold arguing Kershaw and Harvey "Why is it betweeen these two? I don't think it should be I think there is someone else that wins the award"

Kenny: "well who do you think wins it"

Reynolds "I don't know, it's not like I have every guys numbers right here, I just feel neither of those two will win"

Classic stuff. Being a former player must be a free ticket to being an analyst.