• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Sanchez gets pulled in favor of Tebow, heh.

You're right about the Dolphins receivers. They're not a very experienced bunch and a vet could really make a difference there. No one's making any major trades now, so they may just have to wait until the Patriots make their cuts. They have some vets that most likely won't all make the team.

One team everyone watches during the preseason is San Diego. They always have extra receivers. Last year Norv called Jason Garrett & told him they were going to have to cut a WR & he should pick him up. I think the guy ended up leading the Cowboys in TD's by the end of the year.:L Thanks Norv.:mad:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
on the plus side, Terrell Owens hasn't done anything stupid yet :thumb:

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured maybe he would act right with changing his name and having an awful season last year. He looked damn good on Hard Knocks. But deep down, I am happy, I was pissed when I initially heard we signed him. We just have shit in the WR dept. Hartline is injured and def no superstar.

:lol:

Garrard is out with knee surgery for approx four weeks.

I hope they just go with Tannehill. Another shitty season means nothing. Give the kid the NFL experience so we can kick some ass in the near future.

Pretty decent article. But just because the Dolphins are making smart decisions, that doesn't translate to winning games god dammit.

New Dolphins coach Joe Philbin emerges as the big winner in the ill-fated Ochocinco Error - NFL.com

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least there's one team in the Patriots division that will give them a game. LETS GO BUFFALO.

Buffalo did a lot of good things this past off season in both the draft and free agency. I'd love to see the Bills win a SB. That city would go absolutely crazy.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo did a lot of good things this past off season in both the draft and free agency. I'd love to see the Bills win a SB. That city would go absolutely crazy.

I still think the AFC is between Houston & New England. I give a slight edge to the Texans. Of course it all depends on how Schaub comes back from injury & whether or not he can stay healthy.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad I didn't get home from work in time to catch the instant classic that was the Cowboys/Raiders game.

And no, I'm not a degenerate gambler who bets on preseason NFL games.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad I didn't get home from work in time to catch the instant classic that was the Cowboys/Raiders game.

And no, I'm not a degenerate gambler who bets on preseason NFL games.

Too bad Shane Falco wasn't available tonight...

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that rare? :D

Duck Phallus.

I must admit this is the first year in awhile in which I haven't heard a lot of hype surrounding the Cowboys. The love affair with the Jets is one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. It's going to be even better because they're going to suck big time this year. Not only do the Jets not have a QB, but they only have 1 WR. Tebow is going to have to run the Wildcat by default.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really apprehensive about betting on NFL games with scab officials on the horizon. Because they won't be easy to be on the take or anything - what have they got to lose? Jacksonville at 200:1 is looking mighty tempting.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really apprehensive about betting on NFL games with scab officials on the horizon. Because they won't be easy to be on the take or anything - what have they got to lose? Jacksonville at 200:1 is looking mighty tempting.

If Ed Hocholi is the referee for any Chargers game, take their opponent. It's a virtual lock.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least there's one team in the Patriots division that will give them a game. LETS GO BUFFALO.

We always put up a fight against the Patriots... Their "undefeated" season was almost interrupted by the Dolphins. Pretty sure they only won by a FG. We were completely defeated, and they were undefeated for that game, lol, would have been so great for us to end it.

'72

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit this is the first year in awhile in which I haven't heard a lot of hype surrounding the Cowboys. The love affair with the Jets is one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. It's going to be even better because they're going to suck big time this year. Not only do the Jets not have a QB, but they only have 1 WR. Tebow is going to have to run the Wildcat by default.

I'd been hearing people complain about that other network's fascination with the Jests, but didn't really pay it too much attention...but that network is on in the gym in the AM when I'm working out, so I've been watching for the last two weeks or so and I have to say, is that other network at all aware there are 31 other teams in the NFL besides the Jests? WOW

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd been hearing people complain about that other network's fascination with the Jests, but didn't really pay it too much attention...but that network is on in the gym in the AM when I'm working out, so I've been watching for the last two weeks or so and I have to say, is that other network at all aware there are 31 other teams in the NFL besides the Jests? WOW

ESPN has been all over the Jets' jockstrap for years. They still want to act like Tebow is some kind of savior. I mean he's so good that he led the Broncos to the playoffs and a wild card win and that wasn't even enough to keep him around. Should say all you need to know right there. It'll be funny when the Jets finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has been all over the Jets' jockstrap for years. They still want to act like Tebow is some kind of savior. I mean he's so good that he led the Broncos to the playoffs and a wild card win and that wasn't even enough to keep him around. Should say all you need to know right there. It'll be funny when the Jets finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

8-8? I think you're giving Rex too much credit. Their defense better be ALL WORLD because their offense is going to be PATHETIC. I think 6-10 is realistic, especially considering Cromartie said he's the 2nd best WR on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.