• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo "Kickgate?" (Shocked Rock didn't see this)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See how shiny and new that ball is? SEA should have been scrutinized like the Pats

Romo likes his balls like he likes his women:

Slippery and tough to pin to the ground

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the ref was standing up and about to look away. It's just not something you joke about. He was cheating but since it's your QB, no biggie.

...and the announcers are on the same page as you....it's a big chuckle...cause it's not Tom.

...and also notice that I'm not name calling and slinging jimmy rustling around.

Well maybe, just maybe if the Pats weren't involved of major cheating SCANDALS Brady and the Pats wouldn't be so scrutinized.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit some of these Pats fans are a trip with these threads. But some of these Pats fans are good dudes as well.

They can't help living in denial. Now it's seems it has evolved into a
Continuous chewbacca defense. :lol:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you and many other Pats fan play the "whoa is my team card" way to much. Seems like a desperate attempt to keep the Pats in the limelight. You inject it as often as possible. Seriously, now that football is here I could give a shit about the Pats. Way to busy worrying about my team.

...except you just posted twice in another deflategate thread so, not too busy after all.

boohoo, cry me a river. The ref immediately pushed Romo away and moved the ball back, but you are right...he was looking away :L

So desperate to always be a victim.

Because he was caught doesn't mean he wasn't trying to get away with it. Simple yes or no question now, have you ever before seen an NFL player toe the ball forward after a ref has placed it? I've never seen it before but maybe it's me and the players and refs "joke" about that stuff all the time.

Well maybe, just maybe if the Pats weren't involved of major cheating SCANDALS Brady and the Pats wouldn't be so scrutinized.

Maybe, just maybe if the Pats strung together 7 and 9 records, they wouldn't be so scrutinized.

I gotta admit some of these Pats fans are a trip with these threads. But some of these Pats fans are good dudes as well.

The denial in this thread seems to surround Romo trying to cheat to get a first down.

See, gentlemen, if we admit that another player gets a free pass because he's not Tom Brady, we'd have to admit that some shit gets pinned on Brady because he's who he is and that's real hard to accept. So we continue with defining "Pats fans" as the problem. By all means, give me a bunch of face palms here....you sure as hell don't have facts or logic on your side. Not you though Harold, you're too busy.

Why did Romo toe the ball forward? Cause he and the ref are buds who bust each other's balls for fun all the time?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it this way. There are two teens, biith8doing the sane questionable stuff, one constantly gets caught while the other doesn't, finally both are caught at the same time, the one who has a history will get the steeper punishment.
Had Romo been flagged or fined I for one wouldn't defend him, I'd scream out that he needs to stop.
Odds are if the Pats didn't have a cheating history, deflate gate never gets traction.

NEHOMER may have the most fitting name on all of SportsHoopla.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it this way. There are two teens, biith8doing the sane questionable stuff, one constantly gets caught while the other doesn't, finally both are caught at the same time, the one who has a history will get the steeper punishment.
Had Romo been flagged or fined I for one wouldn't defend him, I'd scream out that he needs to stop.
Odds are if the Pats didn't have a cheating history, deflate gate never gets traction.

Except the one you are implying gets caught a lot in this example, has never actually be caught doing anything before.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats Manster, it took a few pages but you're the first to finally cop to Romo being in the wrong. :clap:

As for me being a homer, not so much. I've clearly stated that Brady lied his ass off. The reality though is that the haters LOVE to poo poo any suggestion that others do the same type of shit. In the case of Romo kicking the ball forward, I would accept any evidence that it's a common thing. If it was, I'd blow right by it without taking this stand that I have in this thread. Holding is against the rules, a team gets penalized for it but it would be silly to call it cheating. I repeat, Brady is held to a different standard not because of this loooooong history of cheating y'all like to talk about but because he's a smug asshole who wins.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="NEhomer, post: 7214782, member: 5448"
If it's Tom Brady, it's a twelve pager minimum.

lol at patriot fans.
Fact is...the majority of football fans outside patriot nation gives a rats ass about Tom Brady.

but hey....be all you can be while you can[/QUOTE]
....and .....the majority of US ^UP^ here could give a rats-AZZ about your "over-hyped" Cowgirlz....!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. There are some people that believe that Romo was seriously trying to move the spot?

The ball is right between 2 Refs, they are both looking down, there are 10 Vikings players standing right there ..including Jared Allen who clearly gets the joke by his reaction.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they were backslapping each other 'cause refs think fucking with their spot is hilarious.

..he does it just as the one who placed it is standing up "about to" look away as I typed the first time. Obviously his timing was poor because he got caught. Players commonly set the ball forward after going down but I have never before seen a ball moved after being placed. Have you?

Denial? There's extra helpings in this thread.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Walter Payton…what a cheater the way he used to move the ball forward after every single carry...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, did he move it after the ref placed it?

Every player sets it forward after a run.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the kickgate waters are a little clearer. Dude clearly tried to cheat ...caught on National TV...chuckled at by the TV announcers...ignored by the Hoop.

If it's Tom Brady, it's a twelve pager minimum.
The insecurity of the Patriot Fan has soared to a level never imagined by any in history. I thought it was a funny thread, until I realized some took him serious!!!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Insecurity of Pats fans"....more nothing.

Have you ever seen a player move the ball after it was spotted?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another attempt at trolling by a Pats fan.

Trolling by actually posting a player doing something that is cheating? It amazing how when any other team is "called out" by a Patriots fan every poster calls it "trolling."

However, this post was pretty much tongue and cheek (though still cheating) but I mean I'm pretty sure any player would do that if the officials were dumb enough not to be looking at the ball.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chewie-2-o.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me get this straight. There are some people that believe that Romo was seriously trying to move the spot?

The ball is right between 2 Refs, they are both looking down, there are 10 Vikings players standing right there ..including Jared Allen who clearly gets the joke by his reaction.

That doesn't appear to me that Allen is "joking around" with Romo there

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that would be because Pats fans, you all seem to think everybody else really gives a shit about the Pats. Most everybody cares about their team, their division, their conference. In that order.

Put it in 10 inch letters so Homer can buy a clue

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Manster, it took a few pages but you're the first to finally cop to Romo being in the wrong. :clap:

As for me being a homer, not so much. I've clearly stated that Brady lied his ass off. The reality though is that the haters LOVE to poo poo any suggestion that others do the same type of shit. In the case of Romo kicking the ball forward, I would accept any evidence that it's a common thing. If it was, I'd blow right by it without taking this stand that I have in this thread. Holding is against the rules, a team gets penalized for it but it would be silly to call it cheating. I repeat, Brady is held to a different standard not because of this loooooong history of cheating y'all like to talk about but because he's a smug asshole who wins.
If I remember right most Cowboy fans thought it was funny but we also said we hope he doesn't do it again.