• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Coughlin

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just learned that Coughlin resigned from the NYG job.

Lions need to fire Caldwell and hire this dude ASAP. His 8-3 playoff record with the Giants in the playoffs and 2 super bowl rings, speak for itself.

We all know Caldwell blows donkey balls.
Winning coaches with his experience don't come along very often.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing thy need to hire the guy to hire Tom first.

All the coaches any of us would want to replace Caldwell will be gone by the time a GM is in place.

One reason Caldwell will prolly be retained. That and Martha likes him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the coaches any of us would want to replace Caldwell will be gone by the time a GM is in place.

That is what I am afraid of.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I am afraid of.

I'll be very disappointed if Austin takes a HC job elsewhere before we have a chance to interview him. Not that he's my first choice, it just seems inconceivable that they'd lose him just because Caldwell is stuck in limbo while we patiently conduct our GM hunt.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be very disappointed if Austin takes a HC job elsewhere before we have a chance to interview him. Not that he's my first choice, it just seems inconceivable that they'd lose him just because Caldwell is stuck in limbo while we patiently conduct our GM hunt.

I think it may have been Smitty that said. Retain Caldwell for a office job below GM and promote Austin. I like Caldwell for a role as such.

I really like Austin and think he's that next great DC style mind that gets the most from his guys. I'd hate to see him leave. Already said not he owns out as a HC, but he will employed as DC elsewhere if not.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The irony of him being hired in Miami before a interview in Detroit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The GM is in place. And Caldwell is his guy. The Lions are just gonna do a little dance in the meantime.

My guess, the news comes on Friday, maybe Saturday.

Normally I'd be pissed, but not this time. No Lombardi, no Mayhew, 6-2 in the second half. Not a lost season at all imo. 18-14 is the best record a lions HC has had in my lifetime also. So this Jim has that goin for him.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM is in place. And Caldwell is his guy. The Lions are just gonna do a little dance in the meantime.

My guess, the news comes on Friday, maybe Saturday.

Normally I'd be pissed, but not this time. No Lombardi, no Mayhew, 6-2 in the second half. Not a lost season at all imo. 18-14 is the best record a lions HC has had in my lifetime also. So this Jim has that goin for him.

303681d1443453380t-scratch-tele-build-kool-aid-jpg.jpg

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just learned that Coughlin resigned from the NYG job.

Lions need to fire Caldwell and hire this dude ASAP. His 8-3 playoff record with the Giants in the playoffs and 2 super bowl rings, speak for itself.

We all know Caldwell blows donkey balls.
Winning coaches with his experience don't come along very often.
Caldwell led the lions to the playoffs in his first year as head coach and won 6 of 8 games at the end of this season. Caldwell is a very good coach while Coughlin turns 70 this year.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coughlin is already said to be rejoining the Giants as a consultant. He is done coaching football IMO.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell led the lions to the playoffs in his first year as head coach and won 6 of 8 games at the end of this season. Caldwell is a very good coach while Coughlin turns 70 this year.

Hell naw. That dude is a politician with a poker face. He led the Lions to the playoffs on the strength of a defense led by Teryl Austin and Suh.

The 6 of 8 we won to closeout the season was all against bottom barrel NFL teams. Bears, Niners, Saints, Eagles, Raiders and an over rated Packers team.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't know Martha likes the BBC

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coughlin is done. I can't imagine he's going to start over at 70. Caldell isn't going anywhere. Said it 2 months ago and I'll stick by that until there's a reason to think differently. Austin isn't going anywhere yet either. Next offseason he'll get a job.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell naw. That dude is a politician with a poker face. He led the Lions to the playoffs on the strength of a defense led by Teryl Austin and Suh.

The 6 of 8 we won to closeout the season was all against bottom barrel NFL teams. Bears, Niners, Saints, Eagles, Raiders and an over rated Packers team.

Who wanted Austin on his staff? I give credit and a facepalm for Caldwells hires at OC/DC.

I also don't look at as scrub teams. Upsets happen for a reason. Aside from the Niners those teams weren't bottom barrel either. At least not by record. At or one below .500 isn't bottom feeders IMO.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wanted Austin on his staff? I give credit and a facepalm for Caldwells hires at OC/DC.

I also don't look at as scrub teams. Upsets happen for a reason. Aside from the Niners those teams weren't bottom barrel either. At least not by record. At or one below .500 isn't bottom feeders IMO.

I'll give him credit for hiring Austin, no doubt. He DID want to keep Lombardi but was probably under intense pressure from above to release the scrub. Then I believe he got lucky with Cooter stepping up and being way better than anyone expected. Cooter probably saved Caldwell's job single-handedly.

I'm fine with keeping him for another year as long as the coordinators stay. We would be lucky if Austin doesn't bolt though. When I say I am fine keeping him for one more year. That is to say, that more superior talent such as Coughlin isn't available.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players all love and respect Caldwell and want him back. That’s huge in the NFL. Plus, they’re already saying that Caldwell would get snatched up by another team if the Lions were to let him go. He’s not my favorite type of coach but I see no reason to part with him just yet. Does he not get any credit?

I thought what the team did over the last eight games was remarkable but those that hate Caldwell only contribute that success to what they think were weak teams. In actuality, the Lions had the toughest schedule in the league.

This team makes the playoffs if JBC is the coordinator at the beginning of the season.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was definitely a mistake to hold on to Lombardi for that long but….how long are you really supposed to give a guy like that in that type of situation and also show some loyalty as a coach? After all that work was put in, you can’t just toss Lombardi to the side right away. You see if it works and if it doesn’t, move on.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe another team would honestly want him to be their HC. Maybe, we did, so who knows.

It's too bad they ever hired Lombardi.