• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking in the low 90's. Hoping for something a little closer to 93-94, as I'm not certain 91 wins the division, though I think there's a good chance it does.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for the 2016 Texas Rangers is that they finish with a record of 94-68. I also believe we go to the World Series this year.

That could change before the season starts, but I don't think it will.

The 94-68 record brings back memories of one of my favorite Rangers seasons when they didn't make the postseason. The 1977 Rangers. That was a crazy, memorable season. Somehow they finished with 94 wins that year.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This one surprises me but perhaps they can snag him on a minor league deal. Perhaps the thought is Desmond figures more in CF than originally thought. Would not be surprised if a guy like Stubbs makes it back on the roster come September or maybe even Brinson. We need some elite defense in the playoffs

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HardballTalk is reporting that Alberto has made the roster.

Edit: that's via TR Sullivan.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for the 2016 Texas Rangers is that they finish with a record of 94-68. I also believe we go to the World Series this year.

That could change before the season starts, but I don't think it will.

The 94-68 record brings back memories of one of my favorite Rangers seasons when they didn't make the postseason. The 1977 Rangers. That was a crazy, memorable season. Somehow they finished with 94 wins that year.

From your lips to God's ears.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Martinez optioned to Triple A. Pedro Ciriaco assigned to minor league camp.

Justin Ruggiano, Ryan Rua, Hanser Alberto have made #Rangers roster. So has Andrew Faulkner.

All per Jeff Wilson.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texas Rangers have released Jeremy Guthrie, a move that clears the way for right-hander A.J. Griffin to be the fifth starter, reports T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com.

tex.pngGriffin is scheduled to make his fourth Cactus League start Tuesday, which indicates he is at the top of a group that includes Nick Martinez,Phil Klein and Cesar Ramos. Griffin has a 4.40 ERA in five spring outings.

Also, I had forgotten about Ruggy, therefore I'm a little surprised he made the squad.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one surprises me but perhaps they can snag him on a minor league deal. Perhaps the thought is Desmond figures more in CF than originally thought. Would not be surprised if a guy like Stubbs makes it back on the roster come September or maybe even Brinson. We need some elite defense in the playoffs
The ironic thing is that Stubbs has hit 100 points better than Ruggiano this spring. I guess I can't say that I was surprised because I have never been much of a Stubbs fan. Hopefully we can sign him to a minor league deal though. The 25th spot on the roster will probably be something that changes a few times this year anyway. Maybe we will trade for a better player to fill that slot at the end of July or maybe DeShields becomes that player by then and either Brinson or Desmond is starting in CF.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hanser wins the free throw tournament and a spot on the 25 man roster. lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers move closer to finalizing roster with flurry of moves | SportsDay

LHPs Sam Freeman and Cesar Ramos and RHP Phil Klein are all in the running for the eighth bullpen spot. Freeman is out of minor league options, so he can't be sent to the minors without first clearing waivers (and accepting an assignment). If Klein does not make the club and is optioned to the minors, he could not be recalled until April 13 - unless he replaces a player who goes to the DL.

--The catching situation behind Robinson Chirinos remains very fluid. Though the club had not previously indicated any issues with C Chris Gimenez, it revealed Tuesday that he has an infection in his leg (he had a similar infection in his knee last year). It keeps non-roster catchers Michael McKenry and Bobby Wilson in the mix, though the Rangers also are pursuing external catching options. Detroit's Bryan Holoday of W.T. White High School in Dallas and TCU remains a potentially intriguing option.

--INF Pedro Ciriaco has been reassigned to the minor league camp and has informed the Rangers he will accept assignment, Banister said. It is expected that Ciriaco will primarily play second bast at Triple-A Round Rock.

--The Rangers are comfortable with OF Ian Desmond moving to center field, if need be, to finish a game. With Drew Stubbs gone, Desmond and Ruggiano would be the center field options. Ruggiano has played sparingly there in recent years, though.

--Alberto will serve as the primary pinch runner. He has distinguished himself at first base this spring and, in all likelihood, would be used to run for a first baseman. He could then go to the field and take over the position. If he was to pinch run and was replaced by Rua or Ruggiano at first base, the possibility opens that Ian Desmond would be called in from the outfield to play a middle infield spot in case of a late-game injury.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ironic thing is that Stubbs has hit 100 points better than Ruggiano this spring. I guess I can't say that I was surprised because I have never been much of a Stubbs fan. Hopefully we can sign him to a minor league deal though. The 25th spot on the roster will probably be something that changes a few times this year anyway. Maybe we will trade for a better player to fill that slot at the end of July or maybe DeShields becomes that player by then and either Brinson or Desmond is starting in CF.

What? Not a Stubbs fan? He was a Longhorn for pete's sake!