• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose in my line of thinking, if the Rangers are having a very successful 2016, then those 3 don't get much playing time this year. Yeah, it's possible they could be up here and contributing, but my point wasn't based on that.
We had a successful season last year and Gallo got some playing time. With injuries or key guys slumping some of them could get some limited timethis year like Joey did last season. Then again, we haven't seen too many prospects get a full season at AAA before beginning their big league career here so even playing some up here this year may not be necessary to keep them from being overmatched next season.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a successful season last year and Gallo got some playing time. With injuries or key guys slumping some of them could get some limited timethis year like Joey did last season. Then again, we haven't seen too many prospects get a full season at AAA before beginning their big league career here so even playing some up here this year may not be necessary to keep them from being overmatched next season.

Like I said, I'm not ruling them out or saying they couldn't contribute, I just fashioned my original opinion around the idea that they wouldn't be. Only because the Rangers wouldn't need them too, which is my hope.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Hamilton is being interviewed on 105.3. He says the different approach to rehab this time has made a huge difference. When asked about how he fits in he says he is "up for whatever". He says he just wants a ring and wants to support his teammates. He had good things to say about Desmond. Seems like he is in a good place attitude wise and feels very good health wise.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Evan again mentions Gray potentially being a Ranger.

While the thought is intriguing (and the Yu+Cole+Sonny) triplet is something to dream about... I would hate to see Gallo, Brinson, Mazara, or Profar (or 2 of the 4) in an A's uni for the next 3-4yrs (when they then trade them off for other prospects, and repeat the cycle).

That said, flags fly forever........

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this makes sense. The idea that they would go with a 4 man rotation through the first few weeks of the season never did make any sense. You keep an extra guy up for the pen for the first 4 days and don't call up Griffin until the 5th game.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this makes sense. The idea that they would go with a 4 man rotation through the first few weeks of the season never did make any sense. You keep an extra guy up for the pen for the first 4 days and don't call up Griffin until the 5th game.

Yes I agree. This has made sense all along

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That clears up things quite a bit, not a lot of mystery left out there in camp, couple guys battling it out for a couple spots now

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this assessment but I think we go with four and have a pen guy we can send down in case of overused arm
If don't disagree. I wonder if we stash AJ in minors for one start if agreeable then bring him up.

I do think we are heading to this direction... question for the future is what batting order will we have. I think we all agree that Elvis is 8 or 9 to start out