• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficially Official 2016 Spring training thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers rotation candidates could become more than Darvish’s seat-filler

The article says that what happened in 2011 when all 5 pitchers stayed healthy cannot be expected. I think the same thing can be said of what has happened the past couple of seasons with our pitchers. While some DL stints are likely at times, I think it would not be unusual to not have any long term injuries to the rotation in 2016.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this part of the above article encouraging because we need all the good young pitchers we can get at AAA.

No one is going to win a job this early in camp, though every favorable impression counts for something. So, Tepesch gave himself a boost by wowing pitching coach Doug Brocail on Sunday.

Brocail was so impressed that his answer isn’t fit for publication in a fine family newspaper like this one. But maybe Tepesch’s bullpen showing couldn’t come as a surprise.

He stunned the field in 2013 en route to winning the fifth spot in the rotation and knows what it takes. Health, something he didn’t have last year, is among them, but so is not getting lost in the competition.

“I know what I have to do to put myself in the best position,” Tepesch said.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant: A closer look at Rangers' LF options as Josh Hamilton's unpredictable knee strikes again | SportsDay

Evan assumes that because it has been said that Gallo is going to work at 3B this ST that that means he won't be considered in LF should there still be a need there. Management said the same thing this time last year. Gallo did stay at 3B in ST last year, but shortly after he came up they used him in LF because of the need there. When they feel Gallo is ready I think they will certainly consider playing him in LF if there is an opening there.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy hasn't pitched in 18 months and rehabbed a TJ injury and would only consider contending teams and was asking for about 6-8m.
Yeah, it sounds as if he would only pitch in an almost perfect situation and if he didn't get his way about everything that he would just take his ball and go home.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it sounds as if he would only pitch in an almost perfect situation and if he didn't get his way about everything that he would just take his ball and go home.

He's in a great spot financially. He got 25m for 2015 and 12.5 for 2016 and never threw a pitch.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't say I blame him. He probably doesn't really need the money, so I don't really see a reason for him to put himself in a less than ideal situation for himself.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I blame him. He probably doesn't really need the money, so I don't really see a reason for him to put himself in a less than ideal situation for himself.
No, I don't blame him at all.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it hadn't been for that for the last couple seasons then his contract probably would've played out a lot better than most thought when he originally signed

It still would've been salvageable had he been able to play last year

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems like JD feels kind of like I do about how Darvish will pitch when he returns.

"The timetable is in place. Barring a setback, Darvish will begin a minor league rehab assignment in late April and join the big league rotation by mid- to late-May. Conventional wisdom says he won't regain optimal arm strength and return to prime form until 2017, but Rangers general manager Jon Daniels takes a more sanguine view of the proceedings. He's convinced that great pitchers -- because of their commitment to excellence or the margin of error provided by their exceptional talent -- render standard projections meaningless.

"I know a lot of people say, 'It takes a year to come back from Tommy John,' but I call B.S. on that," Daniels said. "At some level, you've got to be smart and observe and take it step by step, of course. But look at how the top guys like [Matt] Harvey and [Jose] Fernandez have come back from this. I wouldn't bet against this guy.""