• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is that with all things considered, and the fact both teams were dealing with similiar issues, the Bills actually looked more impressive than you thought, and might be starting to get better?

And if they had an experienced, veteran QB like Brady, they would win even more games, because having a QB like that is vital to a team's offense, even if he's dealing with new receivers.

Something like that, right?

Can you quote me saying anything bad about the bills? I don't believe I did. (Although I won't challenge you on it if you can't be bothered to sift through that many pages)

My comments about youth are all about how I expect it to affect my team going forward. I wouldn't be all that shocked if the bills take second in the division.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you quote me saying anything bad about the bills? I don't believe I did. (Although I won't challenge you on it if you can't be bothered to sift through that many pages)

My comments about youth are all about how I expect it to affect my team going forward. I wouldn't be all that shocked if the bills take second in the division.

I never said you made any negative comments about the Bills, as I have yet to say anything negative about the Pats.

I'm simply trying to show that some of the "excuses" I keep seeing about why the Pats played so poorly, and almost lost, are no different than what you can say about how the Bills played. You have pointed out before that they have new WR's, and I was just trying to show you the Bills have that same problem, except they don't have a QB like Brady in the Pocket who knows how to run that offense since it's not new to him. You even admitted Brady could step onto this team and get the Bills more wins. It's because he's that good of a QB, which is the most important position in the game.

I'm just looking for 1 Pats fan to say that the Bills showed up to play, and were actually surprised by how well they played as a new team in Game 1. I'm sure you expected it to be a lot more lopsided than it was. Who wasn't?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bills had the intensity and showed they could win some matchups. Mistakes both on the field and with coaching are the primary reasons they lost the game. You have to milk some clock when you know Brady is on the opposite side of the field.

There is some promise but I don't think they have quite the pieces to challenge for the division just yet.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you made any negative comments about the Bills, as I have yet to say anything negative about the Pats.

I'm simply trying to show that some of the "excuses" I keep seeing about why the Pats played so poorly, and almost lost, are no different than what you can say about how the Bills played. You have pointed out before that they have new WR's, and I was just trying to show you the Bills have that same problem, except they don't have a QB like Brady in the Pocket who knows how to run that offense since it's not new to him. You even admitted Brady could step onto this team and get the Bills more wins. It's because he's that good of a QB, which is the most important position in the game.

I'm just looking for 1 Pats fan to say that the Bills showed up to play, and were actually surprised by how well they played as a new team in Game 1. I'm sure you expected it to be a lot more lopsided than it was. Who wasn't?

Did you expect to be lopsided in favor of the Pats? If so, what is your point?

If you didn't even expect it to be a game then why would you expect Pats fans to?

Just asking a fair question.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bills had the intensity and showed they could win some matchups. Mistakes both on the field and with coaching are the primary reasons they lost the game. You have to milk some clock when you know Brady is on the opposite side of the field.

There is some promise but I don't think they have quite the pieces to challenge for the division just yet.

No, I don't think so either. They still have some work to do.

I think I phrased it wrong in my other post.

I'm looking for 1 Pats fan to say that maybe it was because of the Bills new style of play as to why the Pats played such a sloppy game? Maybe their defense was better than they were expecting, and actually caused them some chaos to their gameplan, which resulted in turnovers and sloppy play.

That maybe it wasn't the Pats screwing themselves the whole game, or dealing with internal issues that they need to work on.

That's all I'm saying.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you expect to be lopsided in favor of the Pats? If so, what is your point?

If you didn't even expect it to be a game then why would you expect Pats fans to?

Just asking a fair question.

This is why you need to read the story before you jump to the end, instead of screaming the Butler did it.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why you need to read the story before you jump to the end, instead of screaming the Butler did it.

Okay, dude. Carry on. I'm tiring of your petulance. If I'm missing something then inform me and stop acting like a child.

I already told you I didn't read every single page of this thread.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for it to be that.

I saw a lot of unforced mistakes by my team. If the bills forced more than it looked like at first glance, that is only a positive sign for the patriots going into the rest of the season, but it seems a lot of the consensus here from fans who weren't involved is that the patriots played poorly. Maybe they are haters and the bills really did play well (although again, also made mistakes), but the only way to really find out is to let a bit more of the season play out.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already told you I didn't read every single page of this thread.

Yet you continue to attack what I say in my posts, and resort to childish insults without knowing what's going on, or the context in which it is being said.

But yeah, no, you're right, I'm the one being petulant.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for it to be that.

I know, and that is my point, I don't think any Pats fans want to admit that the Bills had a gameplan that was actually working for the most part, and giving the Pats offense problems.

Because once you admit to that, you start to realize that maybe the Pats are starting to decline a bit, something that fans haven't had to deal with in a long time now.

It's much easier to say the Bills got lucky, or that the Pats were shooting themselves in the foot, because who wants to admit that the "lowly" Bills might actually be turning it around, and can maybe start to be a threat to them now.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you continue to attack what I say in my posts, and resort to childish insults without knowing what's going on, or the context in which it is being said.

But yeah, no, you're right, I'm the one being petulant.

:wtf:

I wasn't attacking you, I was asking a question.

I even asked you to inform me if I was in the wrong.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots are and will be fine. I would love for it to be that the bills team are that good. Every game against a decent opponent gets players that much more ready to win games when they matter.

Champions don't hope for their opponents to suck. They hope to play the best to challenge themselves and get better. Better division opponents means a team more prepared to play tough games.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

I wasn't attacking you, I was asking a question.

I even asked you to inform me if I was in the wrong.

Well yeah, if you are going to assume that any time you quote a post, you can only talk about that specific post, and not what was said in previous ones.

But to be fair, saying you are tired of someone's petulance and saying they are acting like a child out of ignorance, can be considered a form of attack.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots are and will be fine. I would love for it to be that the bills team are that good. Every game against a decent opponent gets players that much more ready to win games when they matter.

Champions don't hope for their opponents to suck. They hope to play the best to challenge themselves and get better. Better division opponents means a team more prepared to play tough games.

That day will come my friend, that day will come.

I hope.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, if you are going to assume that any time you quote a post, you can only talk about that specific post, and not what was said in previous ones.

But to be fair, saying you are tired of someone's petulance and saying they are acting like a child out of ignorance, can be considered a form of attack.

Dude, I've tried to make peace. You won't let bygones be bygones.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i8TA7iZv3Y1XX.gif

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Replacing Brady will be a challenge but like we have discussed most of the other key players for this team have plenty of youth. This team is rebuilding as much as buffalo is; they just are doing it with an all time great still at the helm. If Belichick sticks around when Brady leaves they could very well keep their grip on the division.