• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, just let me borrow that time machine you seem to have since you're obviously still living in the early 90's.

Or pehaps you can use it to trave back to the beginning of this thread and see how my post is relevant to the conversation, since this issue was covered MANY, MANY times, and still has a tremendous whiff of complete, and utter BS.

But no, I'm sure you're much to busy wrinting a witty and original "yo mamma" joke to be bothered with all this.

Yeah, I don't do "yo mama" jokes and I'd hope no halfway intelligent human would. I didn't read the entire thread and don't intend to. Hammer hates the Pats for some unknown reason so I gave it little attention.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt how? Do they need to improve to be a Super Bowl contender? Absolutely. Do I feel any other team has a realistic shot at the division? No. An ugly division game or two is a fairly common occurrence for most teams, and the players who should finish the year as their number one and two receiving options weren't active.

Nobody looked good in that game. It was a sloppy game all around.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, I hoped they were a little further along and would handle the bills more easily.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't do "yo mama" jokes and I'd hope no halfway intelligent human would. I didn't read the entire thread and don't intend to. Hammer hates the Pats for some unknown reason so I gave it little attention.

Except I'm not Hammer, so you bascially decided to lay a 20+ year old stale shit on me without even knowing what was going on. Nice.

That sounds like something no halfway intelligent person would do?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey RD, you're obviously a smart guy. Has it ever occurred to you that say, a Seattle Seahawks fan, doesn't like the 49ers? Or a Celtics fan doesn't like the Lakers?

It never ceases to amaze me when people like RobBase are shocked, offended, confused and generally mindfucked when a sports fan doesn't like a certain team, especially when it's not even their team.

:wtf:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except I'm not Hammer, so you bascially decided to lay a 20+ year old stale shit on me without even knowing what was going on. Nice.

That sounds like something no halfway intelligent person would do?

Relax, dude. I apologize for bringing that shit up. I rooted your Bills on every Super Bowl and was a huge fan of Thomas, Kelly and Reid.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody looked good in that game. It was a sloppy game all around.

Exactly my point, but you have to look at it from the other side. The Bills have more obsacles to overcome than the Pats do, yet they still managed to almost win the game.

I saw some other Pats fans on here say that the Bills couldn't score on offense without the turnovers. Well, neither could the Pats. In fact, like I said before, their only 2 scoring drives for TD's happened after a turnover with a short field to work with.

They said Brady has new receivers. So do the Bills, on top of having a new QB, a head coach, playbook, etc. The fact that you still have Brady as a QB makes a HUGE difference. Do you think Mallett wins that game if he starts? He has more experience and more practice before this Season than EJ does.

Then you hear how it was a trap game, and that the field was slippery. Like the field being Slippery would only effect the Pats because it's in Buffalo, so therefore must not have any effect on them?

Bills played MUCH better than people thought, and even with it being a sloppy game on both sides, almost pulled off the upset. That's all.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey RD, you're obviously a smart guy. Has it ever occurred to you that say, a Seattle Seahawks fan, doesn't like the 49ers? Or a Celtics fan doesn't like the Lakers?

It never ceases to amaze me when people like RobBase are shocked, offended, confused and generally mindfucked when a sports fan doesn't like a certain team, especially when it's not even their team.

:wtf:

I guess I just don't understand it because its not a division rival for you. Obviously you're entitled to hate whomever you like, I just figured it would be an AFC south foe.

I hate the Seahawks but then again, I hate the Ravens and the Steelers for different reasons. I guess I can see your point.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made no excuses. It was ugly. The comment about youth is that I expect it to be a recurring issue, and this year, unlike some years past, inexperience is the most likely to be the biggest challenge to overcome in the playoffs. In the last several it has been more talent than experience that cost us games, between poor secondary play (although some the last year or two was youth as well). This year I think the pieces are all there, and the question is whether this team can gel in time.

Age originally got brought up when you referred to this as a veteran team when most of the skill positions on both sides of the ball are simply not veterans. It was not as an excuse as much as addressing this misconception. There are a handful of key veterans and a lot of players with very little experience in very big roles.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age originally got brought up when you referred to this as a veteran team when most of the skill positions on both sides of the ball are simply not veterans.

No, I said how many veteran players did the Pats have last year on the Roster who are not on this year's Roster than really have an impact on the performance level of the team. They still have most of their key pieces in place, and their defense was less than spectacular last Season, so that doesn't really matter.

Not too mention their entire Oline is still the same, and that is a huge deal because you need those guys to form a good chemistry and know one another. The Pats still have Belichick, and their style of play remains the same, so it's not like most of the returning players have to learn a whole new playbook or style of play like the Bills do. Regardless if everyone thinks the Pats playbook is forged from the deepest fires of hell and the Bills is drawn with crayon.

Honest Question - Put Tom Brady on this current Bills team this Season. Do they win more games with him than EJ in your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I said how many veteran players did the Pats have last year on the Roster who are not on this year's Roster than really have an impact on the performance level of the team. They still have most of their key pieces in place, and their defense was less than spectacular last Season, so that doesn't really matter.

Not too mention their entire Oline is still the same, and that is a huge deal because you need those guys to form a good chemistry and know one another. The Pats still have Belichick, and their style of play remains the same, so it's not like most of the returning players have to learn a playbook like the Bills do. Regardless if everyone thinks the Pats playbook is forged from the deepest fires of hells and the Bills is drawn with crayon.

Honest Question - Put Tom Brady on this current Bills team this Season. Do they win more games with him than EJ in your opinion?

Absolutely. He doesn't have a whole lot of years left, but he is still playing at an elite level.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. He doesn't have a whole lot of years left, but he is still playing at an elite level.

Are you sure? You do realize he would be playing with a bunch of new WR's, most of which who are rookies. :rolleyes:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? A slightly sloppy first game of the season against a division rival doesn't mean that he can't gel with the players he has. It means he hasn't gelled with them yet.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure some toothless Buffalo can help you out with that.

Unless your Mom is lying, she said she'll be out of town this week.

And why would someone have to be toothless to give a handy-j? I'd hate to live in your World if the opposite holds true.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And? A slightly sloppy first game of the season against a division rival doesn't mean that he can't gel with the players he has. It means he hasn't gelled with them yet.

So what you're saying is that with all things considered, and the fact both teams were dealing with similiar issues, the Bills actually looked more impressive than you thought, and might be starting to get better?

And if they had an experienced, veteran QB like Brady, they would win even more games, because having a QB like that is vital to a team's offense, even if he's dealing with new receivers.

Something like that, right?