• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't delete posts because I dislike them otherwise none of your posts would be here. I deleted them because it was a pointless personal attack on RobBase and BF4L. But then again, I don't owe you an explanation for what I do in my house, do I?

TBH I did attack him fairly quick. I have to try and remember to stay out of that stuff and let the mods catch up to it. When i see a obvious troll I go after em. I need to stop that too.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that despite a wide range of opinions, actual trolling here is fairly rare. Some guys slip through until they cross some threshold of shittiness, but the percentage of real posters to trolls here is better than most places I have been.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH I did attack him fairly quick. I have to try and remember to stay out of that stuff and let the mods catch up to it. When i see a obvious troll I go after em. I need to stop that too.

I call trolls out. I don't think there is an issue with that, per se, although if hammer wanted to keep that to mods I could certainly understand that.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that despite a wide range of opinions, actual trolling here is fairly rare. Some guys slip through until they cross some threshold of shittiness, but the percentage of real posters to trolls here is better than most places I have been.

Ya the mods do a good job here for sure. I sometimes butt heads with some but in the end this is the best site around. I visit here more often then any other site.

Farmer_Ted

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drink the Green Kool-Aid. Believe in these new Jets. Believe in Geno Smith. Believe in the fans. Expectations are low, so undervalue them because of some bull crap some journalists have tried to portray them to be. Believe. Drink the Green Kool-Aid.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would lose 70% of our total members if we "Inactive'd" it.

Easy for you to say. You haven't been following Yu Lee around for the last 72 hrs with a pooper scooper warning him to stop.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy for you to say. You haven't been following Yu Lee around for the last 72 hrs with a pooper scooper warning him to stop.

He's been eating gum out of the trash again I see.

duktig-vovve_84517758.jpg

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they were exposed. They lost their top 3 receiving options from last year...at least until Gronk comes back. I expected them to struggle early on but fully expect them to be in the thick of it at the end of the year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they were exposed. They lost their top 3 receiving options from last year...at least until Gronk comes back. I expected them to struggle early on but fully expect them to be in the thick of it at the end of the year.

It's been posted elsewhere but most all of their skill position players on the offensive side of the ball are 25 or under with 2 or less years of experience. No skill position player is over 27 or has more than 4 years experience. There is some talent here, but there are not real veterans, and it will take some time to get on the same page as a team.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been posted elsewhere but most all of their skill position players on the offensive side of the ball are 25 or under with 2 or less years of experience. No skill position player is over 27 or has more than 4 years experience. There is some talent here, but there are not real veterans, and it will take some time to get on the same page as a team.

I was glad Amendola came back. When I heard he got hurt I was like, really?

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RoboticDreams said:

Friend_Zone.jpg

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't have said it better myself. This victory from the Pats is right up there with the Miracle on Ice victory and the Rebels defeating the Empire. People will tell their Grandchildren about this upset win one day.

They will tell the tell of how the underdog Patriots, who were favored to win by 11 points, marched into Buffalo with their heads hanging low, dreading the fact that they must face a team that Tom Brady and the Pats have beaten 20 times out of 22 games.

Tom Brady faced a very difficult situation, as he had to play with a plethora of new WR's around him. The look on his face said it all, he was worried, and possibly peeing while sitting down. Even against these insurmountable odds, Brady courageously took the field to do battle with the juggernaut Bills.

A Bills team that hasn't made the PO's in 13 years, an NFL record for longest drought. They also must face a Rookie QB in EJ Manuel. A man with no NFL experience, coming off a knee surgery, who no one said should have been the first QB selected in the draft, and who didn't even deserve to be the first QB selected in the draft.

But that wasn't all. The Pats would also have to face a team that has several Rookie starters at key positions as well. Woods, Goodwin, Gragg on Offense, and Alonso, Meeks, Robey, and Williams on Defense. Not too mention the Bills lost Gilmore and Byrd to injuries.

They would also have to face a Head Coach in Doug Marrone, a man who never coached an NFL game before, as well a new OC, and DC.

But despite all this, ALL THIS, the Patriots somehow pulled out what some are now calling the greatest upset comeback win of the modern era. A game that made people see sound for the first time and taste colors.

Here's to you Tom Brady and the Patriots, this beer is for you:

pawtucket-patriot-ale.jpg

:laugh3:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Amendola but for this team to be successful Dobson has to take the 1. We need a physical receiver on the outside, and while gronkowski is capable of that role to some extent, he is much more valuable bringing his versatility to a true tight end role.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could talk about Scott Norwood or 4 straight Super Bowl losses if you'd prefer.:yahoo:

Sure, just let me borrow that time machine you seem to have since you're obviously still living in the early 90's.

Or pehaps you can use it to trave back to the beginning of this thread and see how my post is relevant to the conversation, since this issue was covered MANY, MANY times, and still has a tremendous whiff of complete, and utter BS.

But no, I'm sure you're much to busy wrinting a witty and original "yo mamma" joke to be bothered with all this.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your only point was that your team is young too. Which is great. Both teams played like young teams and made foolish mistakes.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your only point was that your team is young too. Which is great. Both teams played like young teams and made foolish mistakes.

I never said the Pats didn't have a lot of new faces on their roster this year, or that most of the WR's are new to Brady.

I'm saying that there is no "excuse" that can be made for the way the Pats played on Sunday that you can't also say applies to the Bills. Except the Bills have a few more "key" issues than the Pats do.

How many people, including yourself honestly thought the Pats would have trouble scoring on the Bills, and would need a last second FG to win? C'mon, be honest now. Face it, the Bills looked good against the Pats, and that has planted a seed of doubt now in the mind of most Pats fans, who are now trying to live in denial by making silly excuses for their play.