• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm, because that's not what this thread is about maybe? You're not very bright, are you? :der:

Oh, I know what it is about. You do realize you spend more time focusing on the pats than even most pats fans. We should sign you up as an honorary member. I can understand why you might be a little irritable, your probably hung over this morning after celebrating the titans win. Thank god neither have happened or is likely to happen too often this year if that's so.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know what it is about. You do realize you spend more time focusing on the pats than even most pats fans. We should sign you up as an honorary member. I can understand why you might be a little irritable, your probably hung over this morning after celebrating the titans win. Thank god neither have happened or is likely to happen too often this year if that's so.

You spend more time focusing on the Titans than most Titans fans. In a Pats thread.

Dude, you're "obsessed."

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albeit Buffalo and New England are in the same division, but would hardly call them rivals. Can't remember the last time they played a meaningful game against each other.

Bunch of nobodies? Didn't Ridley combine for 1,300+ yards last season with 12TD's?

Brady made Amendola a "somebody??" If he was a nobody before, then why did New England sign him for 5yrs 31mil.... with 10mil guaranteed?

A lot wrong with your post.

You're not saying that Amendola is a gutter trash drug-addicted mass murderer too, are you? :omg:

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You spend more time focusing on the Titans than most Titans fans. In a Pats thread.

Dude, you're "obsessed."

Given the fact that no one hardly ever bothers to post anything about the titans (why would they?) I guess you kind of have a point:laugh3:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A close game against Buffalo in the past would usually be cause for concern. But we might be selling the Bills short. Their defense looked pretty good...the DC has given them fits in the past.

The Bills backs Spiller and Jackson are solid and form one of the better tandems in the NFL. And as much as I thought EJ Manuel would be a disaster he played pretty good for his first game.

This win may be a better win than fans think if Buffalo has finally put it together. And lets face it the division is not a world beater so Buffalo stands a good chance of being .500 or above.

IMO the Jets, Raiders, and Bills were better than I thought they would be.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try harder or if that's the best you got, leave thread immediately.

I'd love to hear it from a Titans fan. Before Cook was a Ram he was just potential. Well, we saw that potential yesterday. Why did the Titans let such a talent go? Or are the Titans coaches just that bad? Honestly, that imo is a lot more LOL than any team winning a game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albeit Buffalo and New England are in the same division, but would hardly call them rivals. Can't remember the last time they played a meaningful game against each other.

Bunch of nobodies? Didn't Ridley combine for 1,300+ yards last season with 12TD's?

Brady made Amendola a "somebody??" If he was a nobody before, then why did New England sign him for 5yrs 31mil.... with 10mil guaranteed?

A lot wrong with your post.

Who was Steven Ridley before he was a Pat? Shane Vareen? Not exactly hot rookie names fan bases were talking about leading up to the draft? It's no secret that Brady and the Belichick have a rich history of winning with no name guys. I know exactly who Amendola was as a Ram. Do you? Go ahead and show me what a bad ass he was in St. Louis and how everyone was dying to sign him as FA. Lastly, win or lose, division rivals are just that, rivals. Whether you choose to ignore it or not. Any win against a division rival on the road is a big win.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand why the Bills were running the no huddle in the 4th qtr and not milking the clock. They might have won this game if it wasn't for that. It's clear to me the Pats have some work to do but it's only week one you can say that about any team.

Don't remember which commentator said it but they said something along the lines of, "good teams find a way to win in the 4th quarter, bad teams (teams trying to find themselves) find ways to lose it in the 4th.... This is exactly what happened.

I get why they were trying it... trying to have the D on their heals, didn't work... but this appears to now be the style of the Bills, which is nice to see.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was Steven Ridley before he was a Pat? Shane Vareen? Not exactly hot rookie names fan bases were talking about leading up to the draft?
But we're talking this year. You said Tom continues to do it with no names. Someone who puts up 1,300+yds with 12 TD's is no longer a nobody.

It's no secret that Brady and the Belichick have a rich history of winning with no name guys

They have done well in that area, but there's 2 sides of the ball. The Pats have had some very good defensive players.

I know exactly who Amendola was as a Ram. Do you? Go ahead and show me what a bad ass he was in St. Louis and how everyone was dying to sign him as FA
If you did in fact know who Danny was..... you would know that he's been considered a very good slot WR who's had back luck with injuries. After a short search, the Vikings, Giants, Eagles, Redskins we're all interested in him.

Lastly, win or lose, division rivals are just that, rivals. Whether you choose to ignore it or not. Any win against a division rival on the road is a big win.

I guess that means Jacksonville and Indy are rivals in your book.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville and Indy are rivals.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to hear it from a Titans fan. Before Cook was a Ram he was just potential. Well, we saw that potential yesterday. Why did the Titans let such a talent go? Or are the Titans coaches just that bad? Honestly, that imo is a lot more LOL than any team winning a game.

I agree about Jared Cook and have been shouting it for months as I'm sure you already know. But what does it have to do with this thread? Did I mentioned Peyton's monster game and get you all pissed off or something?

Right now if the Buffalo Bills could choose Tom Brady or EJ Manuel, they'd stick with EJ without a moment's hesitation. Diminishing skills vs. an obvious weapon? It's a no-brainer.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, not a Pats fan, but they won a game on the road in the NFL.......how is that getting exposed?

what a god awful thread

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Jared Cook and have been shouting it for months as I'm sure you already know. But what does it have to do with this thread? Did I mentioned Peyton's monster game and get you all pissed off or something?

Right now if the Buffalo Bills could choose Tom Brady or EJ Manuel, they'd stick with EJ without a moment's hesitation. Diminishing skills vs. an obvious weapon? It's a no-brainer.

If they did it's only because they don't have near the pieces to be a contender right now.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst division in football. Hopefully the Pats still win, but none of these teams have a shot to make the superbowl. Put these teams in other divisions and they are 500 at best. The entire AFC has become pretty weak. Houston migh be the second best team and Cincy the third. NFC is much stronger.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People said that last year too and the AFC still won the Super Bowl.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HammerDown be ready to eat some crow. All I'm gonna say.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clearly the story of week 1 aside from Peyton Manning's career game.

The funniest moment came when Gostkoswki hit that 33 yrd FG and the Patriots little small owner promptly celebrated like he just won the Super Bowl. How embarrassing. :L

A ModTroll?

Not sure how the Pats were exposed, but hey if you feel compelled to hate, hate on.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ModTroll?

Not sure how the Pats were exposed, but hey if you feel compelled to hate, hate on.

hammers ok and what would it say about the pats if people didn't hate them. Think about the teams that people don't hate; its usually because they don't bother wasting any time thinking about them at all. As a fan of one of them, hammer knows that better than most!

And the "little small owner" of the pats knows the difference between winning a SB and winning a game; his team has been to 6 of them since he bought it 19 years ago (not to mention 8 conference championship games) and has actually celebrated at 3 and 6 respectively, so he certainly know the difference.

I do think it would be entertaining if Bud's team actually won one of those ( think they have black and white footage around somewhere of the last one) He would probably flip everyone the bird and then drop dead:whistle:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God DAMN IT!

The Steelers are soooo fucking bad that I can't even say anything in here. Would have been a grand ol time.