• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average age of the roster is a silly measurement. The people who see playing time are not experienced, minus the small few I mentioned.

So are you trying to say that the Pats have less experienced players than the Bills do?

And are you trying to say that they have more, less experienced players in key roles than the Bills do?

Like I said, during the preseason i kept hearing how the Pats will be just fine without Welker and Gronk because they have Amendola and Sudfeld, and that Brady can make any receiver look good because he's that good of a QB it doesn't matter. I also heard that they are going to stomp all over the Bills.

Funny how a close game that the Pats just win translates to that they are suddenly are inexperienced and are missing tons of key players.

Just take the win and except the fact that they have some work to do to fix their team.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lool buffalo was playing their sb. after that kick went in the look on their faces looked like someone died and they were at a funeral. when the pats are in the afccg again this year or sb remember to bump this thread. they been saying the pats are finished since 2005. rofl

I get the feeling you're a total d-bag, and that even other Pats fans on here would likely agree.

Congrats on your last second FG win against the "lowly" Bills.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you trying to say that the Pats have less experienced players than the Bills do?

And are you trying to say that they have more, less experienced players in key roles than the Bills do?

Like I said, during the preseason i kept hearing how the Pats will be just fine without Welker and Gronk because they have Amendola and Sudfeld, and that Brady can make any receiver look good because he's that good of a QB it doesn't matter. I also heard that they are going to stomp all over the Bills.

Funny how a close game that the Pats just win translates to that they suddenly are inexperienced and are missing tons of key players.

Just take the win and except the fact that they have some work to do to fix their team.

List of observations:

The offense is looking good. I have had high hopes since the draft but understood a lot of the pessimism.

The running backs should continue to be productive. Ridley is the feature back, I have had some disagreement from others but I believe Blount takes a good few carries from him. Vereen will take over Woodhead's touches, and is a much better player. Expect Vereen to be used in a variety of different roles, play types, and positions to take advantage of any mismatch they can get.

I like this receiving corps better than last years. It is less experienced by I see a lot of potential and they have a great QB to learn from. Expect Dobson to be the primary receiver on the field, with Amendola and Thompkins being the main two options behind him.

Tight end is a different look. I don't know when Gronkowski will be back, but I believe we have solid options at the position. Expect every tight end on the roster to see at least occasional regular season playing time (I have some doubts if fells makes the team. If he does I expect him to see the field some.)

They are extremely young on both sides of the ball, with a few notable exceptions. Brady, Wilfork, Logan mankins, and Jerod mayo are really the only veterans sure to start. Expect rookie mistakes and for this inexperience to come at an unfortunate time or two throughout the season, and possibly cost them a game or two. However, this team will be a good one, both this year and going into the future.

Defense. Defense. I'm not sure what to say about the defense. Belichick plays games with them in the preseason. They always go simplistic defensive sets that get simpler as the game goes on. I believe that once we are playing real defensive schemes, we have a lot of talent on this side of the ball. It is young, like I mentioned earlier, but a lot of the guys got significant playing time last year and should be in better shape with a year to learn. I don't expect a dominant defense this year, but I believe the talent is on this roster that it can be a dominant team in a couple years. Expect the occasional big play because a young guy got beat by a veteran with a bit more experience.

Overall, this is a young team with core veteran leadership and a lot of potential. I believe we finish with approximately twelve wins, good for a first round bye. If this team gels, you will need to play mistake free football to beat them. If inexperience shows through, they're a quick out to a decent team.

This is not a new thing. This is the expectation I have had since the draft.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy to come out with a win and am certainly happy to give the bills credit. I do like that with the game on the line, the Patriots were able to control the game and drive down for the win. But while this game is certainly cause for some concern, it's not completely unexpected.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling you're a total d-bag, and that even other Pats fans on here would likely agree.

Congrats on your last second FG win against the "lowly" Bills.

heh its the truth. if the bills played their whole schedule the way they played the pats they probably go 11-5. bills coach looked like he was gunna cry after the game.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are extremely young on both sides of the ball, with a few notable exceptions. Brady, Wilfork, Logan mankins, and Jerod mayo are really the only veterans sure to start. Expect rookie mistakes and for this inexperience to come at an unfortunate time or two throughout the season, and possibly cost them a game or two. However, this team will be a good one, both this year and going into the future.

But the Bills have an overall younger roster and have more rookie starters than the Pats. Also most of their key players (Pats) on offense and defense from last year(s) are still on the team, not too mention that their entire OLine is still the same.

Which players are you talking about that are starters on the Pats who are not experienced and play in key roles?

The Bills had a roster turnover of 20 players from last Season, and have a rookie starting his first game in the most important position in the game.

I just don't see this as a very good excuse for how the Pats played today is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh its the truth. if the bills played their whole schedule the way they played the pats they probably go 11-5. bills coach looked like he was gunna cry after the game.

This makes no sense because this entire Bills team is different from years past.

They have made changes not only in their players on the roster, but have a new HC, DC, OC, and GM. This was Game 1 of a new era in Bills football. Of course beating the Pats in Game 1 of the Season would be making a huge statement. Why not, they are one of the top teams in the AFC for years now.

It wouldn't have been any different if they opened the season against the Broncos, Seahawks, 49ers, etc.

The fact that your team won and you are still whining says a lot.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring the briz comments about the "Bill's Super Bowl", the patriots run much more complicated offense and there is a difference in motivation levels between the two teams for this game. A lot of progress needs to be made to be a Super Bowl contender, but I think it can be done.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring the briz comments about the "Bill's Super Bowl", the patriots run much more complicated offense and there is a difference in motivation levels between the two teams for this game. A lot of progress needs to be made to be a Super Bowl contender, but I think it can be done.

So you are saying that the Pats don't practice their offense during the preseason and in training camp? Are you saying their offense is more complicated than the Bills without seeing the playbooks?

How do you know that the Bills don't have a complicated offense and it will take some time for a rookie QB and receivers to get on the same page?

And make no mistake, the Pats were just as motivated to win this game as the Bills were. To say otherwise is just foolish. What team doesn't want to start off 1-0?

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no sense because this entire Bills team is different from years past.

They have made changes not only in their players on the roster, but have a new HC, DC, OC, and GM. This was Game 1 of a new era in Bills football. Of course beating the Pats in Game 1 of the Season would be making a huge statement. Why not, they are one of the top teams in the AFC for years now.

It wouldn't have been any different if they opened the season against the Broncos, Seahawks, 49ers, etc.

The fact that your team won and you are still whining says a lot.

you dont understand being the best or close to it for so long we see teams sb against us all the time and its annoying, cuz games that normaly should be easy for us become hard and other teams dont have to deal with this like we do. you just came very close to beating last years afccg participant and multible sb participant over the last few years so im expecting the bills to get at the very least the wildcard and make it to the divisional round. otherwise i call BULLSHIT. just another bullshit sb we had to deal with.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just on offense:

Thompkins 25 (R)
Ridley 24 (3)
Solder 25 (3)
Dobson 22 (R)
Gronk 24 (4)
Hoomanawanui 25 (4)
Sudfeld 24 (R)
Vereen 24 (3)
Boyce 22 (R)

If Edelman is higher than the fourth receiver this team is in trouble(and even he's 27), Amendola is 27 so still not particularly old, Blount is 26, and this is every skill position that expects a reasonable shot at seeing the field in any offensive role this season. Brady and part of the line are the only veterans on offense.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont understand being the best or close to it for so long we see teams sb against us all the time and its annoying, cuz games that normaly should be easy for us become hard and other teams dont have to deal with this like we do. you just came very close to beating last years afccg participant and multible sb participant over the last few years so im expecting the bills to get at the very least the wildcard and make it to the divisional round. otherwise i call BULLSHIT. just another bullshit sb we had to deal with.

The only thing that's full of bullshit is you and your posts.

Sheesh, what a pompous jackass you sound like. And you wonder why people hate Pats fans? :doh:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying that the Pats don't practice their offense during the preseason and in training camp? Are you saying their offense is more complicated than the Bills without seeing the playbooks?

How do you know that the Bills don't have a complicated offense and it will take some time for a rookie QB and receivers to get on the same page?

And make no mistake, the Pats were just as motivated to win this game as the Bills were. To say otherwise is just foolish. What team doesn't want to start off 1-0?

I am saying an offseason of practice isn't enough to learn the patriots offense. The schemes the bills were running today are much simpler and faster to learn. This is very easily observable by just watching.

If you don't think a team will show up more ready to play against the 49ers than they will against the Raiders you're insane. It's just not close to reality.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that's full of bullshit is you and your posts.

Sheesh, what a pompous jackass you sound like. And you wonder why people hate Pats fans?

your the only one that made personal attacks in this thread i made none towards you. you dont believe in other teams playing their sb thats fine, you dont see it like we do so im not surprised. but they are real and annoying to deal with. what happened today was the bills were on a mission to beat the pats, saw it in their energy, celebrations, coach, faces u name it. has nothing to do with the pats being bad. the bills played on the pats level today because they wanted to win bad. i seriously doubt the bills play at that level against everyone else on your schedule. thats why you'll be 6-10 at the end of the season.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying an offseason of practice isn't enough to learn the patriots offense. The schemes the bills were running today are much simpler and faster to learn. This is very easily observable by just watching.

If you don't think a team will show up more ready to play against the 49ers than they will against the Raiders you're insane. It's just not close to reality.

Yeah, that's right, the playbook was too hard for the players to comprehend and execute properly, so they decided to keep trying, and mess up because they are just playing the Bills in week 1 and used this game for practice.

The fact that this is the 1st game of the Season against a divisional rival had no bearing on how hard the Pats came out to play. They just figured they would treat this as Preseason game #5.

As far as their playbook is concerned, this seems like the page that has the most wear on it.

WW.png

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole season is practice. The only goal is to make the playoffs and be prepared by the time they get there. You don't simplify the scheme if you intend for the team to use the complex scheme once games that count come along.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your the only one that made personal attacks in this thread i made none towards you. you dont believe in other teams playing their sb thats fine, you dont see it like we do so im not surprised. but they are real and annoying to deal with. what happened today was the bills were on a mission to beat the pats, saw it in their energy, celebrations, coach, faces u name it. has nothing to do with the pats being bad. the bills played on the pats level today because they wanted to win bad. i seriously doubt the bills play at that level against everyone else on your schedule. thats why you'll be 6-10 at the end of the season.

Yeah, the Bills are starting a new era and trying to get away from the past 13 years to turn this Franchise around and start becoming a winning team, yet they decided they will only try to win really hard against the Pats and then take it easy from there on out. :L

And if you think someone saying sound like a d-bag is a personal attack, then feel free to report me Sally.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Bills are starting a new era and trying to get away from the past 13 years to turn this Franchise around and start becoming a winning team, yet they decided they will only try to win really hard against the Pats and then take it easy from there on out.

And if you think someone saying sound like a d-bag is a personal attack, then feel free to report me Sally.

i dont report people thats lame. i can handle little name calling just fine. go ahead and disregard the facts i dont give a shit.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I get it. You guys have been use to being at the top of the AFCE, and one of the best teams since 2001. You're spoiled now, and bitter at how other fans are constantly jumping all over the Pats the minute they lose or don't play that well in a game.

But to deny the fact that they are possibly starting to decline a bit, and that other teams may be on the upswing is absurd. To think that teams only play really hard against them more so than other teams is crazy. Some of you guys are so delusional, you start to think the Pats are still the team from 2001-2004, and don't see that teams like the 49ers, Broncos, Redskins, and Seahawks are now the teams on the rise. Sure the Pats are still up there, but they don't command a presence and a dominate status like they use to.

Enjoy this ride as long as you can, because the day is coming soon when the Pats will be without Brady and Belichick, and the Pats just might be the team who struggles to win 6 games a Season. They've been there before and they can be there again.

I have a feeling a lot of Pats fans are going to have a hard time dealing with that. Don't worry though, I'll be here for you to talk you though it. :suds: