• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more worried about the play-calling. The Pats don't have the greatest Secondary in the League, yet the Bills hardly took any shots down the field. I know they tried a few times, but some of those passes were ill advised or almost picked off. I would have liked to see them try to stretch the field a few more times, but I guess they needed to establish a better running game as well.

All these fast, speedy receivers, and our leading receiver was Fred Jackson with 44 yards.

Perhaps no one can cover Stevie Johnson, but it also looks like no one can throw him the ball or help him catch it when it's in his hands either.

Things the Bills need to study and work on for Week 2.

Agree. Well Im out tonight guy's, I have some work to do.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, is this a 1 week or 17 week season? You think they will actually be better the NE? Ha, well nice pick, you'll be very wrong. Be ready to eat crow, I'll make sure you eat it. Acting like 1 week is the season...smh. Dolphins played the Browns and looked bad themselves. Did you watch it? Kinda wondering?

Still wondering did you actually watch the Dolphins game? You act like you watched it.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand why the Bills were running the no huddle in the 4th qtr and not milking the clock. They might have won this game if it wasn't for that. It's clear to me the Pats have some work to do but it's only week one you can say that about any team.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand why the Bills were running the no huddle in the 4th qtr and not milking the clock. They might have won this game if it wasn't for that. It's clear to me the Pats have some work to do but it's only week one you can say that about any team.

Some think they can base a whole season on week 1.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I feel good about this team even though they lost. They're young and we will have growing pains. An experienced team being taken to the limit by a bunch of kids should be cause for concern. When I looked at the injury report both teams had key injuries and it was getting old listening to how Brady had so many "new" receivers to throw to. I guess EJ didn't have the same situation? JMO.

I'm not sure where the idea the patriots are an experienced team is coming from. Brady obviously is, but past him there are a handful of real veterans. After wilfork, mayo, mankins, and ninkovich what veterans see playing time?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the Patriots game but I guess they were exposed...as winners! The Dolphins looked good on defense but the OL struggled with at least 4 of the starters each giving up a sack. They couldn't open up holes for the rushing attack and Miller looked worse than Thomas, who wasn't good.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where the idea the patriots are an experienced team is coming from. Brady obviously is, but past him there are a handful of real veterans. After wilfork, mayo, mankins, and ninkovich what veterans see playing time?

As far as I can tell, the only players the Pats don't have on their roster this year from last year that matter are Welker, Woodhead, Hernandez, Branch, and Thomas.

And out of those 5 players, most Pats fans really only miss 3 of them.

Who are the other players the Pats don't have on the roster this Season that really made a difference? Can't be too many on defense considering they were 25th in the League last Season.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can tell, the only players the Pats don't have on their roster this year from last year that matter are Welker, Woodhead, Hernandez, Branch, and Thomas.

And out of those 5 players, most Pats fans really only miss 3 of them.

Who are the other players the Pats don't have on the roster this Season that really made a difference? Can't be too many on defense considering they were 25th in the League last Season.

They were young last year as well. That doesn't change what I said.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also woodhead doesn't qualify as mattering. The dude blew.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were young last year as well. That doesn't change what I said.

The Patriots last year were the 9th youngest team (25.81). The oldest were the Chargers (27.15) and the youngest were the Rams (25.32). The Bills were 26th (26.57).

This year the Pats are the 11th youngest team (25.88). The oldest is the Lions (27.15) and the youngest is the Rams again (24.98). The Bills are now 3rd (25.3).

So if anything, the Pats actually got older, and didn't really lose many key players that they rely on, compared to other teams. (Bills)

They still have Brady, the same OL, a good set of RB's, their best defensive players from last year, as well as one of the best coaches ever.

The Pats still managed to force a couple of turnovers, Brady managed to still throw almost 300 yards, and the running game went for 150 yards. The only thing that made it close was that the Bills defense came up with some big stops and turnovers when it really mattered at times during the game.

Sloppy game on both sides, but the Bills played a lot better than people thought they would.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the funniest part of the was when Brady lost the snap and Buffalo recovered Brady heade to the sidelines and looked like he was pouting.

He's supposed to be happy, or even pretend to be in that situation?

I do not think such pretense would have been at all appropriate.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ku-xlarge.gif

tom-brady-scooter-haters.jpg

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots last year were the 9th youngest team (25.81). The oldest were the Chargers (27.15) and the youngest were the Rams (25.32). The Bills were 26th (26.57).

This year the Pats are the 11th youngest team (25.88). The oldest is the Lions (27.15) and the youngest is the Rams again (24.98). The Bills are now 3rd (25.3).

So if anything, the Pats actually got older, and didn't really lose many key players that they rely on, compared to other teams. (Bills)

They still have Brady, the same OL, a good set of RB's, their best defensive players from last year, as well as one of the best coaches ever.

The Pats still managed to force a couple of turnovers, Brady managed to still throw almost 300 yards, and the running game went for 150 yards. The only thing that made it close was that the Bills defense came up with some big stops and turnovers when it really mattered at times during the game.

Sloppy game on both sides, but the Bills played a lot better than people thought they would.

Average age of the roster is a silly measurement. The people who see playing time are not experienced, minus the small few I mentioned.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lool buffalo was playing their sb. after that kick went in the look on their faces looked like someone died and they were at a funeral. when the pats are in the afccg again this year or sb remember to bump this thread. they been saying the pats are finished since 2005. rofl