• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a quarterback last 16 years in the NFL...Hmm how about we let them just take a beating every time a defender is coming at them for a for sure sack...yeah that sounds like a good idea. It is called self preservation. Manning doesn't do much good sitting on the sidelines hurt for the Broncos. I actually appreciate that he works to not take the big hit and be able to fight on the next play. Manning actually said he has practiced quite a bit how to take a hit without getting injured. It is actually a skill that other quarterbacks in the league would probably benefit from practicing.

So defensive. I have to assume that you didn't actually read the post I was responding to.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great passer puts up stats, a great QB wins games. Both of these QB's do both but we all know which category we would put each of them in if we had to.

Chrisisjoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chrisisjoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 AFCG games 5 SBs and 3 Lombardis in 61 games less than Manning with more turnover in OC's and receivers than system QB's

Well lets go ahead and get rid of the spygate stats here, cause real football fans wouldn't count those cheating years. Nice try though. Peyton never cheated and had to work hard to get to where he is at, not get an advantage from watching illegal film like Brady did.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did somebody really start a thread to try and say Tom Brady isn't a good quarterback?

He's not good, he's awful and has been for quite some time. His team is winning DESPITE him, which is a testament to good coaching and the arsenal of weapons he's surrounded by.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most telling stat of all is one I havent even mentioned so here you go ( not that it will change ANYONES mind ),,,, In the last 4 minutes of games where their teams were tied OR trailing:

Career- Tom Brady 29 TD- 12 INT
Career- Peyton Manning 36 TD- 37 INT

Brady also has a higher completion %, more ypa and of course a much better record in those games BUT the difference in TD-INT is staggering. THAT is why Brady wins almost 70% of his playoff games and why Manning wins less than 50%. Its just being clutch, thats it. You can argue the rest all you want and credit Bradys team blah blah blah but the reality is one of these guys is super clutch and always has been. One of them is hit or miss. Both are fucking awesome and Manning is the better QB overall IMO but when it really counts it isnt really close.

LOL :facepalm3:

"I don't even like Tom Brady!" - rmilia

"I don't even like Obama!" - rmilia

Start a thread about Tom Brady or Obama and who's the first poster that shows up? :L

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is really stupid. The NFL has a set schedule that rotates. This season the AFC West is playing the AFC East. The last time that happened (2011), the Broncos hosted the Patriots. Hence, the Broncos go to New England this year.

Now the next two years, the Broncos will be hosting the AFC East team that finishes the same place in the standings that they do. That means if the Broncos and Patriots both finish first, or second, or third, or fourth, the Patriots will be traveling to Denver in 2015 and 2016. Then when the AFC West and AFC East meet up again in 2017, the Broncos will be hosting the Patriots.
hey broncos6482,....no matter what you say [err....type/here]......you'll always get the same ''whiner'' spewing their hatred for the patriots.....too bad they couldn't just focus on their team...?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So defensive. I have to assume that you didn't actually read the post I was responding to.

Didn't say I agreed with that other poster that Brady slides down a slide like some sissy something or whatever. Both of these quarterbacks are smart and realize it is not worth always taking the big hit to try and make a play that just isn't there. There is a reason you are seeing so many of these young quarterbacks suffering injuries on a regular basis in they just haven't learned sacrificing your body for a couple of extra yards is not worth it in the long run. You can't help your team being on the bench hurt.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ comparing Tom Terrific to Peyton Manning. :L The nerve of some people is incredible!

"Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino and Robert Horry is better than Karl Malone and Charles Barkley put together!"

:facepalm3:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has won 3 AFC titles.. More than any other AFC QB ( save Mannings 3 ) in that same time. He left his teams with SB leads twice and they lost twice. People want to give the Pats D credit for their 3 wins but then dont want to blame the D for their SB losses. Reality is that the guy has playedgreat football most of his career. Even in the years when he has "struggled" his teams have won division titles and done so without much in the way of skill position talent. This argument is always weird to me. Do you have to hate every other QB to love Brady??? ( or Manning or Brees or Rodgers etc etc),,, Cant we just appreciate the unique abilities that each of them has shown??

Agreed..but Hammer won't listen to reason. His 'hasn't won shit in a decade' has gotten way past old.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed..but Hammer won't listen to reason. His 'hasn't won shit in a decade' has gotten way past old.

Okay, so your only remaining mantra to help prop up a bad QB is "he just wins."

Right.

Except for one thing.

He hasn't won shit in a decade.

Someone tell me why Tom Brady hasn't won shit in a decade if he's the GOAT and "all he does is win."

Someone? Anyone?

Without Randy Moss and without cheating, Tom Terrific is pedestrian at best, awful at worst.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOM-BRADY-FUCK-YOU-BITCHES.gif

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Randy Moss and without cheating, Tom Terrific is pedestrian at best, awful at worst.

That post is a whole lot of stupid. This though is the dumbest of all. He has NEVER been awful and his "pedestrian" years like 2006 he was throwing to Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney.

But even by your lame attempt to dismiss 10 of his 14 years....ummm 2010? MVP with no Moss(spare my your likely attempt to say he played with them that year when he added nothing till being traded) and two rookie TEs not yet what they turned into. Gronk was bad his first 8 games. Hernandez was hurt in the 2nd half.

Just stop...your perception and reality are not the same. Kind of like how you make comments how refs never call holding on the Pats and multiple people showed you the actual stats and you disappeared. Saying stuff just because you hate someone isn't enough. Have something to back it up.

So feel free to post those "awful" years or what that more baseless BS from you.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That post is a whole lot of stupid. This though is the dumbest of all. He has NEVER been awful and his "pedestrian" years like 2006 he was throwing to Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney.

But even by your lame attempt to dismiss 10 of his 14 years....ummm 2010? MVP with no Moss(spare my your likely attempt to say he played with them that year when he added nothing till being traded) and two rookie TEs not yet what they turned into. Gronk was bad his first 8 games. Hernandez was hurt in the 2nd half.

Just stop...your perception and reality are not the same. Kind of like how you make comments how refs never call holding on the Pats and multiple people showed you the actual stats and you disappeared. Saying stuff just because you hate someone isn't enough. Have something to back it up.

So feel free to post those "awful" years or what that more baseless BS from you.

What season without Moss or cheating would you say was Tom Brady's best?