• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, there can still be greatest players debates. But to say "Tom Brady wins 75% of the time" is dumb. No he doesn't. His team does, but he doesn't.

It's the same dumb crap they were pulling with Russell Wilson earlier this season. Look at his amazing stats against all these top level quarterbacks! Never mind the fact that the opposing quarterback has absolutely zero say in how Russell Wilson plays against a defense.

Falling back on the wins argument is a simpleton's argument.

The fact is that the Patriots have won DESPITE Tom Brady.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is that there's one QB who is overwhelmingly a better QB than anyone else who's played that position. But yeah, let's just pretend that's not true if it makes you feel better about things. :thumb:

Never said that. In fact I said the opposite. Manning is the best QB I have ever seen. Id still take Brady in a must win game. If you want to consider that an indictment on Manning then I cant stop you.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, there can still be greatest players debates. But to say "Tom Brady wins 75% of the time" is dumb. No he doesn't. His team does, but he doesn't.

It's the same dumb crap they were pulling with Russell Wilson earlier this season. Look at his amazing stats against all these top level quarterbacks! Never mind the fact that the opposing quarterback has absolutely zero say in how Russell Wilson plays against a defense.

Falling back on the wins argument is a simpleton's argument.

Nope, its not. Not any dumber than saying Joe Montana won 4 SB's, that Emmitt SMith holds the all time rush record or that Manning has the most TD passes ever. Every single one of those stats required onther people to accomplish them. Every stat is a team stat so using one to point out Bradys excellence is no "dumber" than using one to point out another guys greatness.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: the year Brady went down, the patriots still went 11-5.
The year Peyton Manning went down, the Colts went 1-15.

Also, Peyton Manning does not slide down a slide like a sissy phaggott.

Just sayin

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure he doesn't bleach his hair, wear pink skinny-jeans or hang out in Hollywood gay clubs either.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just sayin

LOL, I'll take Manning over Brady, but the man immediately goes into the fetal position if a defender gets within a yard of him.

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure he doesn't bleach his hair, wear pink skinny-jeans or hang out in Hollywood gay clubs either.

Hes also not married to a super model and consistently considered one of the best looking men on the planet either.

In fact he is often compared to Opie...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady gets sacked and within a minute he's berated officials and his OL and Robert Kraft has sent a letter to the commish.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I'll take Manning over Brady, but the man immediately goes into the fetal position if a defender gets within a yard of him.

How does a quarterback last 16 years in the NFL...Hmm how about we let them just take a beating every time a defender is coming at them for a for sure sack...yeah that sounds like a good idea. It is called self preservation. Manning doesn't do much good sitting on the sidelines hurt for the Broncos. I actually appreciate that he works to not take the big hit and be able to fight on the next play. Manning actually said he has practiced quite a bit how to take a hit without getting injured. It is actually a skill that other quarterbacks in the league would probably benefit from practicing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that there is anything wrong with that. :L

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, its not. Not any dumber than saying Joe Montana won 4 SB's, that Emmitt SMith holds the all time rush record or that Manning has the most TD passes ever. Every single one of those stats required onther people to accomplish them. Every stat is a team stat so using one to point out Bradys excellence is no "dumber" than using one to point out another guys greatness.

As a matter of fact, it's much dumber. You're right in that it takes other people around them to make a touchdown pass happen. But a quarterback (or any offensive player for that matter) spends half his time on the sideline watching the defense play. He gets no say in how good or bad that defense plays. He just gets to watch it.

But if you don't agree with that, look at it this way. Is it more accurate to say that Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Trent Dilfer because he puts up much better stats, or is it more accurate to say that Dilfer is just as good as Manning because they both won 1 Super Bowl?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you can write to the Bleacher Report because thats what they have posted in the link provided.

Why would I do that? I don't care that they're wrong. It just makes you look bad for getting your info from a dated, incorrect website. (Hint: Peyton Manning's team isn't even 9-11 in the playoffs).

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s it more accurate to say that Dilfer is just as good as Manning because they both won 1 Super Bowl?

"YES!!!" - Tom Brady fans currently flipping the fuck out

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3