• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes also not married to a super model and consistently considered one of the best looking men on the planet either.

In fact he is often compared to Opie...

Now you sound like a Jeter humper.
Bragging about the women your sports heros bed > not much

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: the year Brady went down, the patriots still went 11-5.
The year Peyton Manning went down, the Colts went 1-15.

Also, Peyton Manning does not slide down a slide like a sissy phaggott.

Just sayin

Fact the team Manning took over in Denver won one more playoff game the year before with Tim Tebow playing QB than they did the next year with Manning playing QB... LOL ( see how fun facts are??)

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to look it up for the exact number but something I found very interesting about Peyton Manning's playoff losses:

In only one or two of them (I believe it was twice) did Peyton's team score more than 20 points.

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you sound like a Jeter humper.
Bragging about the women your sports heros bed > not much

And calling him childish names is sooo much better...

They are both GREAT QB's one is a much better regular season QB and one is a much better Playoff QB..

But they are BOTH all time GREATS.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blah blah blah

You said you'd take Brady in a must-win game when THE FACT IS that NO ONE has lost more MUST WIN games in the last decade than him.

Sorry, man. I gotta call bullshit.

Thats bs right there best record of any QB last 10 years. You know when they took a poll of who the public would take in a big game 63% took Brady.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a matter of fact, it's much dumber. You're right in that it takes other people around them to make a touchdown pass happen. But a quarterback (or any offensive player for that matter) spends half his time on the sideline watching the defense play. He gets no say in how good or bad that defense plays. He just gets to watch it.

But if you don't agree with that, look at it this way. Is it more accurate to say that Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Trent Dilfer because he puts up much better stats, or is it more accurate to say that Dilfer is just as good as Manning because they both won 1 Super Bowl?

We arent talking about Dilfer though.. We are talking about Brady. Winning a few playoff games with a great D and winning a SB is awesome but going 67-23 against teams with winning records over your career is not a fluke. Is it possible to say Brady is great and STILL SAY Peyton is great?? Why is that so hard for people to swallow?? Its the truth so Id think itd be easy. I could pull out 100 more stats showing Mannings defense has actually given up roughly the same amount of PPG as Bradys in playoff games or that Brady has a FAR superior record in games decided by a score or less etc etc but the truth is that it wont matter to people because they seem to think only one of the 2 guys can be great, which is of course fucking nuts.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacing himself. He doesn't want Peyton getting to upset he doesn't have as many rings.

8 AFCG games 5 SBs and 3 Lombardis in 61 games less than Manning with more turnover in OC's and receivers than system QB's

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning shatters another record.

Tom Brady fans do the impossible and become even more insecure and delusional.

:facepalm3:

you do realize that Manning and Favre have played a lot more games than other QBs in history? 61 more games than Brady . I'm happy for the guy but end of day doesnt do anything for Denver or Indy's trophy case

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 AFCG games 5 SBs and 3 Lombardis in 61 games less than Manning with more turnover in OC's and receivers than system QB's

1 Head Coach...kind of makes a difference as well.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We arent talking about Dilfer though.. We are talking about Brady. Winning a few playoff games with a great D and winning a SB is awesome but going 67-23 against teams with winning records over your career is not a fluke. Is it possible to say Brady is great and STILL SAY Peyton is great?? Why is that so hard for people to swallow?? Its the truth so Id think itd be easy. I could pull out 100 more stats showing Mannings defense has actually given up roughly the same amount of PPG as Bradys in playoff games or that Brady has a FAR superior record in games decided by a score or less etc etc but the truth is that it wont matter to people because they seem to think only one of the 2 guys can be great, which is of course fucking nuts.

You're missing the point. You said that it wasn't any dumber to use a team's record to compare greatness than it was to compare stats and I use Manning and Dilfer to counter that argument. So either you agree with me that stats are better than team wins when it comes to discussions of greatness, or you think that an argument can be made that Dilfer is every bit the qb Manning was.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady gets sacked and within a minute he's berated officials and his OL and Robert Kraft has sent a letter to the commish.

Brady = Conservative

Manning = Obama supporter

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting fact:

In the year the Colts won the Super Bowl, the Colts defense had two playoff games where they allowed 0 offensive touchdowns and a third game where they allowed just one offensive touchdown.

The New England Patriots were the only team that post season to score multiple offensive touchdowns against the Colts.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is that the Patriots have won DESPITE Tom Brady.

Nice trolling HD before Brady 5-11 and 0-2 when Bledsoe went down. The year Brady is out and they win 7 less games and miss playoffs with same team. 41 straight at home reg season vs AFC with Brady at helm. Yeah they lose in spite of him.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice trolling HD before Brady 5-11 and 0-2 when Bledsoe went down. The year Brady is out and they win 7 less games and miss playoffs with same team. 41 straight at home reg season vs AFC with Brady at helm. Yeah they lose in spite of him.

Repeat: The Pats have won DESPITE Tom Brady. Now his skills have diminished significantly enough that they can't.

Brady should have respected the game enough to walk away after that abysmal performance in the AFC CG. Frankly, as a fan of the game I was embarrassed.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most telling stat of all is one I havent even mentioned so here you go ( not that it will change ANYONES mind ),,,, In the last 4 minutes of games where their teams were tied OR trailing:

Career- Tom Brady 29 TD- 12 INT
Career- Peyton Manning 36 TD- 37 INT

Brady also has a higher completion %, more ypa and of course a much better record in those games BUT the difference in TD-INT is staggering. THAT is why Brady wins almost 70% of his playoff games and why Manning wins less than 50%. Its just being clutch, thats it. You can argue the rest all you want and credit Bradys team blah blah blah but the reality is one of these guys is super clutch and always has been. One of them is hit or miss. Both are fucking awesome and Manning is the better QB overall IMO but when it really counts it isnt really close.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repeat: The Pats have won DESPITE Tom Brady. Now his skills have diminished significantly enough that they can't.

Brady should have respected the game enough to walk away after that abysmal performance in the AFC CG. Frankly, as a fan of the game I was embarrassed.

I guess your right his 2 int this year and bad performance in AFCG cost the Pats the game. I know your hero stepped it up in big game, and the year before vs Ravens and year before vs NO and year before vs goes on and on and on When your right your right

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a matter of fact, it's much dumber. You're right in that it takes other people around them to make a touchdown pass happen. But a quarterback (or any offensive player for that matter) spends half his time on the sideline watching the defense play. He gets no say in how good or bad that defense plays. He just gets to watch it.

But if you don't agree with that, look at it this way. Is it more accurate to say that Peyton Manning is a better quarterback than Trent Dilfer because he puts up much better stats, or is it more accurate to say that Dilfer is just as good as Manning because they both won 1 Super Bowl?

Of course Dilfer is just as good as Manning. Everybody knows that.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did somebody really start a thread to try and say Tom Brady isn't a good quarterback?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the most telling stat of all is one I havent even mentioned so here you go ( not that it will change ANYONES mind ),,,, In the last 4 minutes of games where their teams were tied OR trailing:

Career- Tom Brady 29 TD- 12 INT
Career- Peyton Manning 36 TD- 37 INT

Brady also has a higher completion %, more ypa and of course a much better record in those games BUT the difference in TD-INT is staggering. THAT is why Brady wins almost 70% of his playoff games and why Manning wins less than 50%. Its just being clutch, thats it. You can argue the rest all you want and credit Bradys team blah blah blah but the reality is one of these guys is super clutch and always has been. One of them is hit or miss. Both are fucking awesome and Manning is the better QB overall IMO but when it really counts it isnt really close.

And Pats D has allowed more points in playoffs than Peytons teams. Like Toxin mentioned Manning only scoring over 20 in only 2 of losses. Cant win when you score 3 in a game or in first 3 quarters