• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. More times than not, a close score, close yardage battle and close time of possession battle don't all come together to spell a dominating performance by one team.

Cincy was bad that game, just not quite as bad as Baltimore was.

Cincinnati was bad at finishing off drives but other than that they dominated in most areas. The fact that Flacco threw the ball 62 times and only generated 345 yards (5.6 yards per pass attempt) is just pretty darn impressive. Heck that is about 2-games worth of passes and would put Flacco at the very bottom of the league in yards per attempt. That is a dominating performance on defense. Again if the Bengals offense finishes off one of those drives with a touchdown this game could have gotten out of hand very quickly. The offense I will agree did not dominate for Cincinnati and is why the game stayed close but defensively there is a reason they are ranked #1 in the NFL.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati was bad at finishing off drives but other than that they dominated in most areas. The fact that Flacco threw the ball 62 times and only generated 345 yards (5.6 yards per pass attempt) is just pretty darn impressive. Heck that is about 2-games worth of passes and would put Flacco at the very bottom of the league in yards per attempt. That is a dominating performance on defense. Again if the Bengals offense finishes off one of those drives with a touchdown this game could have gotten out of hand very quickly. The offense I will agree did not dominate for Cincinnati and is why the game stayed close but defensively there is a reason they are ranked #1 in the NFL.

Did you see any of the Ravens' dropped passes and how big those plays would have been had they been caught? That had nothing to do with dominating defense on Cincy's part and everything to do with lack of concentration on the Ravens' part.

Did you actually watch this game?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing to consider, Burfict will be back healthy.

Burfict is a true NFL Defensive Player of the Year candidate. Before Burfict got hurt, the Ravens had tallied 88 yards of total offense through the first 28.5 minutes. The last 31.5 minutes of the game (after he got hurt), they tallied 332 yards. Our defense is a top 5 unit with Burfict in there bringing his passion and work ethic to the table. He lines the defense up, calls the defensive audibles, attacks, and brings the fire.

I mean, Burfict play 1 half against Baltimore, 1 quarter against Atlanta, and sat out against Tennessee. He is back and healthy now, and I expect the defense to be even better than it was.

You are right though, tons of dropped passes by Baltimore. Could have changed things up a bit, but maybe Cincinnati wouldn't have gone quite as conservative in the 4th had Baltimore completed a few more of those passes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see any of the Ravens' dropped passes and how big those plays would have been had they been caught? That had nothing to do with dominating defense on Cincy's part and everything to do with lack of concentration on the Ravens' part.

Did you actually watch this game?

I watched some of the game. Yes the drops I'm sure played a part in the Ravens losing. I just am one that does not think that game should have been as close as it was. Kudos to the Ravens for keeping themselves in the game and fighting back.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burfict is a true NFL Defensive Player of the Year candidate. Before Burfict got hurt, the Ravens had tallied 88 yards of total offense through the first 28.5 minutes. The last 31.5 minutes of the game (after he got hurt), they tallied 332 yards. Our defense is a top 5 unit with Burfict in there bringing his passion and work ethic to the table. He lines the defense up, calls the defensive audibles, attacks, and brings the fire.

I mean, Burfict play 1 half against Baltimore, 1 quarter against Atlanta, and sat out against Tennessee. He is back and healthy now, and I expect the defense to be even better than it was.

You are right though, tons of dropped passes by Baltimore. Could have changed things up a bit, but maybe Cincinnati wouldn't have gone quite as conservative in the 4th had Baltimore completed a few more of those passes.

Burfict is definitely a difference maker.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 2, the pile on in local media getting into a fervor. Can Brady even show his face again at the Razor?

All kidding aside, the number of NFL announcers and players who day the team sucks was beyond my expectations.

Its official, the Pats are hated, and viewed now as lacking talent and drive

It happened in my lifetime

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, again, come to Boston, fall in love with our sports culture, purge that hate you have for all Sox/Pats/Celtics/Bruins fans. You CAN do this, you can.

Side note: I can assure you the Patriots will see a playoff game before your team. Come to the dark side!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a poke at no one and everyone when it comes to Brady and the bashing.

Every year it happens, the "the Patriots will suck, Brady is done". When they win, "it will happen eventually, next game (or year)", when they lose "see I told you so"

At some point, someone is going to be correct.

It's like saying Manning will throw a pick or pick 6 in a big situation. Eventually (and most likely) I will be right.

It is funny to see anyone brag and gloat about it. Especially fans (so called maybe?) of teams that have sucked for many years (and either continue to do so, or are starting to get better, or have gotten better)

There are plenty of people who have only been critical of Brady when he deserved it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of people who have only been critical of Brady when he deserved it.

Sure Brady got plenty of praise when he was playing good and they were winning. Now that is definitely not the case and criticism is well deserved.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 2, the pile on in local media getting into a fervor. Can Brady even show his face again at the Razor?

All kidding aside, the number of NFL announcers and players who day the team sucks was beyond my expectations.

Its official, the Pats are hated, and viewed now as lacking talent and drive

It happened in my lifetime

Don't worry too much...Bronco fans went through this for a full off season of hearing how horrible they were after the Super Bowl. At least you guys get a chance to redeem yourself a week later. Beat the Bengals and all the doom and gloom turns back into Super Bowl talk.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point about Burfict.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cinci can't beat this team after getting the blueprints for success delivered free of charge, they should fire the entire staff. Cinci is going to devastate New England and I expect heads to roll when it happens. Brady will be benched at some point.

twilight_zone.jpg
Nuff said .......:rollseyes:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dilfer: "Pats are a weak team".

Young: "How could this organization have fallen so far to not surround Brady with SB talent".

My take: It's hard to win on the road. KC has some good players. People tend to make too much about a particular game. It's quite likely that KC won't look like a 27-point-better-than-NE-team by the end of the season.

My take is they aren't as good as some think. When a team drafts between 25 & 32 every year for at least a decade at some point the talent gets old. Trading Mankins didn't help. WR is a major problem. I'm not sold on their LB's either. Fortunately for the Patriots they're in the weakest division in football. Winning the division is the only way they'll make the playoffs.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as usual really.Three or four games from now the 'experts' will be swinging on Brady's nuts as the one of the best of all time. Four games into the season is not a benchmark by any means.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is they aren't as good as some think. When a team drafts between 25 & 32 every year for at least a decade at some point the talent gets old. Trading Mankins didn't help. WR is a major problem. I'm not sold on their LB's either. Fortunately for the Patriots they're in the weakest division in football. Winning the division is the only way they'll make the playoffs.

I think the AFC South could give them a run for their money though. Houston has looked decent but you could say the same thing about the Bills and Dolphins at different times. NE and Indy still have the easiest road to the playoffs of anybody in the NFL in my opinion.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the AFC South could give them a run for their money though. Houston has looked decent but you could say the same thing about the Bills and Dolphins at different times. NE and Indy still have the easiest road to the playoffs of anybody in the NFL in my opinion.

The Colts will win their division with ease. If Fitzpatrick wasn't the Texans QB they would have a shot at a Wild Card. Their D is pretty good. The Dolphins are the team the Patriots have to worry about. Especially since they already lost to them.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts will win their division with ease. If Fitzpatrick wasn't the Texans QB they would have a shot at a Wild Card. Their D is pretty good. The Dolphins are the team the Patriots have to worry about. Especially since they already lost to them.

You think? Houston is going to have a 2-game lead after this weekend.