• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals even tried as hard as they could to give that game to the Ravens. I'm not sure that game satisfies all the questions about their play on the road. I see Cincy losing 2 of their next 3.

Is this mostly just wishful thinking to satisfy yourself regarding that loss at home?

NE has to play considerably better against the Bengals defense who is giving a league low 11 points per game, with a front 7 that has put tons of pressure on opposing QB's, and a secondary loaded with 6 former 1st round picks.

Then on top of that, NE's defensive line is facing one of the larger defensive lines in the league who has not allowed a sack yet this year.

I am not saying Cincinnati is going to go into Foxboro and run all over the Patriots like KC did in KC, but if they don't fix a lot of stuff and in a hurry, I can't see Cincinnati leaving NE without a win. If NE can fix this hot mess in 6 days and decide to not roll over and play dead, it should be a better game than the Monday night game was.

Baltimore is looking like a lot better team than they did on Opening Day, to their credit. To the Bengals credit, they helped Baltimore not look so excellent on Opening Day either.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The Bengals won at Baltimore in Week 1, but they were 3-5 on the road last year. I will be surprised if NE doesn't play a much better game than they played in KC a couple of nights ago.

NE at home, after an embarrassment in KC and BB serving notice on them will come out with both guns blazing.....
The Bengals won in Bmore with a last minute big play, but they won.....That however is not something you can count on happening too often in this league, especially against the better teams.....
If you give Tom a little time and the rec'vrs catch the ball he all but puts in their pocket, he'll kill you....
I expect NE to win by 14 points in a clear cut victory and then the media will be talking SB next week....
:lol:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE at home, after an embarrassment in KC and BB serving notice on them will come out with both guns blazing.....
The Bengals won in Bmore with a last minute big play, but they won.....That however is not something you can count on happening too often in this league, especially against the better teams.....
If you give Tom a little time and the rec'vrs catch the ball he all but puts in their pocket, he'll kill you....
I expect NE to win by 14 points in a clear cut victory and then the media will be talking SB next week....
:lol:

You can slice it up however you want. The Bengals moved the ball up and down the field on the Ravens at will between the 20's. It is in the redzone where they blew. Baltimore had one play that really made a difference in that game and even then, it should have been a 15 yard facemask penalty on Steve Smith. Granted, Flacco wound up with some passing yards (80 of it on one play), but most of that occurred in the late 3rd quarter through the 4th quarter.

Cincinnati went into their conservative shell on defense and played off guys during that time, except the one exception where Jones bit on the route and Smith flew right on by him with no safety help.

I will be honest, I am not as concerned about NE as much as I am ourselves. We have a tendency to try a little too hard on prime time games and beat ourselves.

3 major things to overcome this year:

1) Win on the road in Baltimore (check)
2) Win on the road in prime time
3) Win first playoff game

Hopefully Monday night, we will be able to check another one off.

The thing is, Cincinnati is rated #1 in the power rankings. If they just barely beat NE, in prime time, in Foxboro, they will fall in the power rankings because of what KC did to them last week. Even with the Bengals overcoming many demons and historical stats of this decade of Patriots at home, it will bring Cincinnati down. Only way to stay #1 in the power rankings will be to dominate NE almost like KC did while doing it on the road.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this mostly just wishful thinking to satisfy yourself regarding that loss at home?

You can certainly be happy that the Bengals came away with a road win, but you cannot tell me you were happy with how they played that game. How the Bengals looked week 1 and how they looked weeks 2 & 3 are night and day.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know of a QB who would have fared better than Brady in Monday night's game.

You are in total denial, Homer. either that or you didn't even watch the game.

I wonder why Tom Terrible??? dude isn't even capable of making throws a good HS QB could complete. He's literally the worst QB in the league this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yIZT6mC.gif

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to bet everything I own on that game. It would be on the Patriots.

Unless the Patriots offensive line figures out how to block, the Bengals defensive front might cripple Brady.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How angry would you be if you were Nate Solder and you heard the bullshit excuses about it being the OL's fault? I'm very, very disappointed in Tom Brady for failing to take responsibility for those embarrassing mis-throws. Solder could have made those throws. Hell, I could have made some of those throws.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The Bengals won at Baltimore in Week 1, but they were 3-5 on the road last year. I will be surprised if NE doesn't play a much better game than they played in KC a couple of nights ago.

If Cinci can't beat this team after getting the blueprints for success delivered free of charge, they should fire the entire staff. Cinci is going to devastate New England and I expect heads to roll when it happens. Brady will be benched at some point.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cinci can't beat this team after getting the blueprints for success delivered free of charge, they should fire the entire staff. Cinci is going to devastate New England and I expect heads to roll when it happens. Brady will be benched at some point.

Possibly, but I don't think so. I will watch the game. Should be interesting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can certainly be happy that the Bengals came away with a road win, but you cannot tell me you were happy with how they played that game. How the Bengals looked week 1 and how they looked weeks 2 & 3 are night and day.

Points wise I don't think Cincinnati can be happy with that game against Baltimore but actual play on the field Cincinnati dominated that game. Baltimore was lucky it wasn't a blow out in my opinion.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but I don't think so. I will watch the game. Should be interesting.

If the Raiders beat NE, Cinci will put them out of their misery. Cinci CB's must be absolutely salivating at the opportunities for INTs that Brady presents them with.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points wise I don't think Cincinnati can be happy with that game against Baltimore but actual play on the field Cincinnati dominated that game. Baltimore was lucky it wasn't a blow out in my opinion.

Dominated???

Total Yards:

Baltimore: 423
Cincinnati: 380

That was with 8-9 actual drops from Ravens' WRs

Time of possession:

Cincinnati: 30:30
Baltimore: 29:30

Cincy won the turnover battle 2-0, but I'm not quite sure how you come away with Cincy dominating that game in any other way (even with as poorly as Baltimore played).

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders beat NE, Cinci will put them out of their misery. Cinci CB's must be absolutely salivating at the opportunities for INTs that Brady presents them with.

We'll see. I find transitivity arguments less compelling than my belief that teams often go through games or even longer periods of underachieving. Hard for me to believe that NE is really nearly as bad as they looked at KC.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I find transitivity arguments less compelling than my belief that teams often go through games or even longer periods of underachieving. Hard for me to believe that NE is really nearly as bad as they looked at KC.

If Cinci is smart and as good as they've looked this season, they'll manhandle the Pats. If they do, this franchise will be in disarray and a strong move will be likely IMO.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn With KC winning there goes my 15-1 prediction now Pats can only go 14-2 now wtf. I spotted my friend 17 with Cinci easy money

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominated???

Total Yards:

Baltimore: 423
Cincinnati: 380

That was with 8-9 actual drops from Ravens' WRs

Time of possession:

Cincinnati: 30:30
Baltimore: 29:30

Cincy won the turnover battle 2-0, but I'm not quite sure how you come away with Cincy dominating that game in any other way (even with as poorly as Baltimore played).

You come back with yards in the game? The Team playing from behind the whole game usually does end up with quite a few yards as they are having to throw most of the game to catch back up meaning more chunk yards. Look at the number of passes for Flacco in that one with 62 or something like that. That is a team playing from behind trying to play catch up. Kudos to them for doing so but then again once they got the lead Cincinnati turned it back on and went and scored right away. That is why I don't think that game should have been as close as it was.

For Cincinnati they kept stalling out...now some of that is Baltimore did well as they tightened up near the goal line and held them to field goals. Cincinnati though was very close to just blowing that game wide open but instead kept settling for field goals. In the 2nd half they went into conservative mode and were more working the clock than actually trying to score. Big mistake on their part and they let Baltimore back in the game.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling this embarrassment might just focus the Pats and they come out firing. There is a reason the saying "reading your press clippings" exists, and would be easy for the Pats to play the "we're the pats, we are going to roll this terrible KC team" and let things get sideways.

Should be a good game.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You come back with yards in the game? The Team playing from behind the whole game usually does end up with quite a few yards as they are having to throw most of the game to catch back up meaning more chunk yards. Look at the number of passes for Flacco in that one with 62 or something like that. That is a team playing from behind trying to play catch up. Kudos to them for doing so but then again once they got the lead Cincinnati turned it back on and went and scored right away. That is why I don't think that game should have been as close as it was.

For Cincinnati they kept stalling out...now some of that is Baltimore did well as they tightened up near the goal line and held them to field goals. Cincinnati though was very close to just blowing that game wide open but instead kept settling for field goals. In the 2nd half they went into conservative mode and were more working the clock than actually trying to score. Big mistake on their part and they let Baltimore back in the game.

Yes. More times than not, a close score, close yardage battle and close time of possession battle don't all come together to spell a dominating performance by one team.

Cincy was bad that game, just not quite as bad as Baltimore was.