• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone who watched every Patriots game last season and blames the receivers is either a liar or a blind Brady fanboi. I get the feeling you didn't watch much at all and just accepted the token Patriots excuse "Brady needs talent."

And the evidence you have to support that claim is a gif of 1 of the 628 passes he threw last year?

Essentially you're arguing that it doesn't matter how good or bad the receivers are for a QB. That's ridiculous.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask for a simple prediction and it's "obsession shit." :L

Sonny, is Tom Brady a top 5 QB in 2014? Yes or No?

Listen man, if these brutal questions are making you turn to drink, just walk away. I know it must be hell for you. :L

Nah I just snuck a drink into work and feel better AHHH quenching in this heat. Yes in 2014 he will be a top 5 QB with his receivers have a year under their belts, no excuses this year. He wasnt top 5 last season.

Now asking his peers, he is the only player that has been in top 5 for the 4 years the poll has been going and the public voted him @ 63% as the best guy to have in a big game. What do they now. Anybody have any olives?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the evidence you have to support that claim is a gif of 1 of the 628 passes he threw last year?

Essentially you're arguing that it doesn't matter how good or bad the receivers are for a QB. That's ridiculous.

I can tell you watched very little of the Patriots last season, Sick. I know that because you're a smart fan and you're just accepting blindly the "Brady needs receivers" bullshit the Pats fan were screaming about last season.

The Patriots had receivers in position and Brady failed to get them the ball over and over and over and over again. He cost his team in pressure situations and then stalked off the field berating them. But you don't know about that because you weren't watching.

You're defending the indefensible. Not even Brady did that. He accepted responsibility for his below average play.

The Tom Brady press conference that his fanbois don't want you to watch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmplB2aIVp0]Patriots QB Tom Brady Press Conference 1-19-14 - YouTube[/ame]

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I just snuck a drink into work and feel better AHHH quenching in this heat. Yes in 2014 he will be a top 5 QB with his receivers have a year under their belts, no excuses this year. He wasnt top 5 last season.

Now asking his peers, he is the only player that has been in top 5 for the 4 years the poll has been going and the public voted him @ 63% as the best guy to have in a big game. What do they now. Anybody have any olives?

Get a flask, Sonny. You're going to need it Week 1, my friend. :suds:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, I'm going to tell you something. You're going to balk but I'm going to tell you anyway because it's THE TRUTH.

Ready?

Here it comes...

The Patriots won last year in spite of Tom Brady.

It hurt a little but glad they carried him on his back. They helped him when they were down to NO 4 points with 11 seconds to go on 20 yard line. They carried him when they score 28 straight points against Denver in that rainy, windy game to over a 24-0 lead. The ref's even helped him with the no call against Carolina when they muckled Gronk in end zone or the extra FG vs Jets for a call I have never seen before. Plenty of help from everyone( he should send out nude pics of Giselle) Good thing one of those games didnt end up the other way or Pats host AFCG and thats an instant loss for a Peyton led team and Pats get killed by Seattle's D. Funny is in 07 Giants sacked Brady 6 times and he had 0 turnovers and 4 point lead with a min to go. A guy who will go unmentioned wasn't sacked once and had 3 and a muffed snap for a saftey, changing cadence with that noice? wow

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We had chance after chance and I didn't do what needed to be done."

How can you not respect that about Brady? It's the exact reason why I have an almost total lack of respect for Tom Brady fanbois posing as New England Patriots fans.

"Imagine if Tom Brady just had a receiver. One receiver!" :L

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a flask, Sonny. You're going to need it Week 1, my friend. :suds:

Hammer I'm falling in love with NM its the booze talking. If week 1 turns out like you say, PM your address and I will send out a bottle of your choice ( $50 or less) dont want you getting Louie14 Cant afford 3 dimes.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell you watched very little of the Patriots last season, Sick. I know that because you're a smart fan and you're just accepting blindly the "Brady needs receivers" bullshit the Pats fan were screaming about last season.

The Patriots had receivers in position and Brady failed to get them the ball over and over and over and over again. He cost his team in pressure situations and then stalked off the field berating them. But you don't know about that because you weren't watching.

You're defending the indefensible. Not even Brady did that. He accepted responsibility for his below average play.

The Tom Brady press conference that his fanbois don't want you to watch.

Patriots QB Tom Brady Press Conference 1-19-14 - YouTube

Wow he didnt play good but looks good. One handsome bastage

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer I'm falling in love with NM its the booze talking. If week 1 turns out like you say, PM your address and I will send out a bottle of your choice ( $50 or less) dont want you getting Louie14 Cant afford 3 dimes.

Sounds good, Sonny.

As for Week 1, the Dolphins must have that one circled. Like the Patriots love saying "our opponent gets to play their own lil Super Bowl every week." :rolleyes2:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We had chance after chance and I didn't do what needed to be done."

How can you not respect that about Brady? It's the exact reason why I have an almost total lack of respect for Tom Brady fanbois posing as New England Patriots fans.

"Imagine if Tom Brady just had a receiver. One receiver!" :L

He did have one Edelman guy they yanked off special teams. Welker used to be our no#1 guy and he was a #3,4 on Denver, Patriots are always that stacked.

One reason no AFC teams bring homes the Lombardi is called the NFC. Its their rotation to win a few years

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you think of one single reason they shouldn't bring the trophy back to Foxboro, Heat? :noidea:

All the front line starters they lost on defense last year are back and fully rehabbed. They added to the back end which was a necessity (Reevis and Browner). A good draft and free agency, so no!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good, Sonny.

As for Week 1, the Dolphins must have that one circled. Like the Patriots love saying "our opponent gets to play their own lil Super Bowl every week." :rolleyes2:

Only thing Miami doesnt know is that BB has their playbook . Only way Patriots were gonna beat the Manziel Browns was to have theirs too. Thanks Saban Roll Tide

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, I'm going to take some time and find all those threads from last year and merge them all into one gigantic Patriots thread. Those ones where catchbluefish and Nipsey hung with me for about half the season then imploded. :laugh: I think you and Homer are the only two that took all that abuse and lasted. :D

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, I'm going to take some time and find all those threads from last year and merge them all into one gigantic Patriots thread. Those ones where catchbluefish and Nipsey hung with me for about half the season then imploded. :laugh: I think you and Homer are the only two that took all that abuse and lasted. :D

Sounds good they are prob bandwagon or youngens who started watching since 2000. I started watching in early 70's and saw the worst seasons possible, when they were the doormats of the east and all of football. 1-15 and 2-14 seasons ( thats prob when I started boozing). Only waited 30 years for Pats, and only my whole life to see Sox win. Celtics only comfort in the Bird, Chief,Ainge,DJ, Archibald days. Hockey I couldn't give 2 shits about

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Below average for al QBs or below average for Tom Brady? Because if you mean the latter then we're saying the exact same thing. The only difference is that I don't disregard how absolutely shitty his receivers were last year.

Let me put it this way: If Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees had Julian Edleman as the leading receiver on the team w/ Aaron Dobson (whom I stared calling Aaron Drops'em after watching the guy's bad rookie season) and a banged up Danny Amendola & TEs off the street & no receiving threats out of the backfield & Kembrel freeking Thompkins, those QBs would probably have similar numbers to Brady last season (maybe a little better or a little worse but similar).

It's not all about what happens during the play. It's also about what the offense has the potential to do and how the defense schemes against it. The offensive personnel was ETXREMELY limited last season. Plus Brady didn't have one of his better years (especially at the beginning). All granted. That doesn't change the fact that the aforementioned supporting cast was one of the worst in the NFL.

This is the same thing I was saying about Jay Cutler for the longest time & his paper mache O-line. The other 10 guys on offense matter too. Some years Brady has had great surrounding talent like Peyton Manning, Colin Kaepernick, Matt Ryan (until injuries happened), Tony Romo, Andy Dalton , & Drew Brees had. Last year was not one of them. And it would be silly to EXPECT a guy with that bad of a supporting cast (and a bad defense)to win the SB.

This year the expectations should be higher.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Below average for al QBs or below average for Tom Brady? Because if you mean the latter then we're saying the exact same thing. The only difference is that I don't disregard how absolutely shitty his receivers were last year.

Let me put it this way: If Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees had Julian Edleman as the leading receiver on the team w/ Aaron Dobson (whom I stared calling Aaron Drops'em after watching the guy's bad rookie season) and a banged up Danny Amendola & TEs off the street & no receiving threats out of the backfield & Kembrel freeking Thompkins, those QBs would probably have similar numbers to Brady last season (maybe a little better or a little worse but similar).

It's not all about what happens during the play. It's also about what the offense has the potential to do and how the defense schemes against it. The offensive personnel was ETXREMELY limited last season. Plus Brady didn't have one of his better years (especially at the beginning). All granted. That doesn't change the fact that the aforementioned supporting cast was one of the worst in the NFL.

This is the same thing I was saying about Jay Cutler for the longest time & his paper mache O-line. The other 10 guys on offense matter too. Some years Brady has had great surrounding talent like Peyton Manning, Colin Kaepernick, Matt Ryan (until injuries happened), Tony Romo, Andy Dalton , & Drew Brees had. Last year was not one of them. And it would be silly to EXPECT a guy with that bad of a supporting cast (and a bad defense)to win the SB.

If Brady had Denver's receivers I would expect another season like 2007 18-1

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So then how would you explain their making it to the AFC CG? To hear you and Brady fans tell it, every facet of the organization sucked last year EXCEPT, you guessed it, Tom Brady. That being the case, how did they pull it off and almost make the SB? :noidea: I just don't get it!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brady had Denver's receivers I would expect another season like 2007 18-1

Don't forget dominant OL, Sonny!

"If Brady just had a decent OL!" :gaah: