• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't prove it and fortunately I don't have to.

...BUT, if you say that you wouldn't have piled on Brady, I'll have to take your word for it.

I think the comparisons of Manning vs. Brady are silly. I think anyone that does so is splitting hairs just like if you compared Eli to Big Ben.

Both Peyton and Brady are headed to Canton, Ohio.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, homer. Briz left with Bruschi. Try harder, my friend. briz was no victim. :L

I never said he was a victim. You're choosing to not read what I've written because you have no answer for it other than it's my house and I'll do as I please and by all means, go ahead. Just calling a spade a spade and musing aloud as it came up in this thread. You're more purposely offensive and put more effort into chiding a fan base than many others who have been restricted. Seems like some great football talk going on in the NE folder today and none of the types you target so I don't really get your schtick. Again though, Ill scroll by.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he was a victim. You're choosing to not read what I've written because you have no answer for it other than it's my house and I'll do as I please and by all means, go ahead. Just calling a spade a spade and musing aloud as it came up in this thread. You're more purposely offensive and put more effort into chiding a fan base than many others who have been restricted. Seems like some great football talk going on in the NE folder today and none of the types you target so I don't really get your schtick. Again though, Ill scroll by.

You okay, Homer? You need anything? :scratch:

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1294209752_maxi_pads.jpg

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, you WERE saying he was a victim.

You said he got banned for doing what Hammer does. Yes?

How is that not calling him a victim?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you WERE saying he was a victim.

You said he got banned for doing what Hammer does. Yes?

How is that not calling him a victim?

Careful. Next he's going to accuse you of being an alt of mine. They do that too. :L

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The kid left. On his own accord as far as I know.

And he was well deserving of restriction for a bit, but he settled down and that was lifted, I thought. When you spam every thread of the NFL board (many of which had nothing to do with us) with "the pats are elite and would win by an average score of 8000-0 if they were just healthy", do you honestly think that's quality posting?

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda my point as well for those that want to slam Manning for only putting up 8 points vs. the Seahawks.

Brady didn't do much better vs. the Giants of '07, truth be told.

Both men are two of the greatest ever. Why can't people just leave it at that?

Brady was much better. He had the lead when he left the field, did not throw a pick and his rating was 9 points higher.

They are two of the greatest. But to put Manning as an equal or better is just silly.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record Briz was a idiot at best. Bruschi on the other hand I dont recall much.

He stuck to the pats boards and harassed the hell out of anyone but pats fans posting there. Really fucking annoying.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful. Next he's going to accuse you of being an alt of mine. They do that too. :L

They already think I am one of yours, because we pretty much post verbatum. Hammer is actually is good mod and dont see any powertrip going to his head, like some others or the ones on cbsports. i'm getting all choked up now, excuse me but have to get a tissue

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was much better. He had the lead when he left the field, did not throw a pick and his rating was 9 points higher.

They are two of the greatest. But to put Manning as an equal or better is just silly.

And of course, you being a Pats fan are TOTALLY unbiased. Right?

Bullshit.

Manning played a MUCH tougher defense - even you can't argue that.

His rating was 9 points higher?

WTF?

Really?

You're reaching there.

The points put up by each QB wasn't that much to be honest.

Anyone that doesn't think they're equal is a homer, one way or the other.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit.

WTF?

Really?

You're reaching there.

Manning has failed horribly now in his last 2 SBs. Brady left the field with the lead. I am not sure how much more different you can get between the two events.

Also in the end it is everyone's opinion on the matter. I just enjoy pointing out that some have a hypocritical view. They are willing to blame Brady or take away from him because of his 2 SBs, yet will not do the same with Manning.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit.

WTF?

Really?

You're reaching there.

Seattle's D was much better, nothing to talk about. Bronco's had a much better O line where they gave up 0 sacks. Brady was sacked 5 times in game vs Giants

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning has failed horribly now in his last 2 SBs. Brady left the field with the lead. I am not sure how much more different you can get between the two events.

Also in the end it is everyone's opinion on the matter. I just enjoy pointing out that some have a hypocritical view. They are willing to blame Brady or take away from him because of his 2 SBs, yet will not do the same with Manning.

Right, because winning the SB is an individual achievement. :rollseyes:

And again, the defenses faced by Manning were tougher than the ones faced by Brady, hence why 'Brady left the field with the lead'. Like that matters. :L

If you want to take away from Brady's achievements for losing 2 SB's then I can see doing the same to Manning....

But please be advised by THAT standard there are only 2 QB's in contention for greatest QB ever:

Bradshaw and Montana as they're both 4-0.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, because winning the SB is an individual achievement. :rollseyes:

And again, the defenses faced by Manning were tougher than the ones faced by Brady, hence why 'Brady left the field with the lead'. Like that matters. :L

If you want to take away from Brady's achievements for losing 2 SB's then I can see doing the same to Manning....

But please be advised by THAT standard there are only 2 QB's in contention for greatest QB ever:

Bradshaw and Montana as they're both 4-0.

When the Pats win?

"Brady did it all by himself! Isn't he amaaaaaaaaaazing?"

When the Pats lose?

"Brady's all alone out there! Give him some help."

When the Pats win?

"Brady makes anyone a superstar."

When the Pats lose?

"Brady needs talent."

Pats fans. Nothin' like 'em in all of sports! :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anger_child.jpg

"I'm gonna get really, really mad if Hammer says anything else mean about the Patriots!" - Homer

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Pats win?

"Brady did it all by himself! Isn't he amaaaaaaaaaazing?"

When the Pats lose?

"Brady's all alone out there! Give him some help."

When the Pats win?

"Brady makes anyone a superstar."

When the Pats lose?

"Brady needs talent."

Pats fans. Nothin' like 'em in all of sports! :L

Where did I say any of that Hammer?

Brady left the field with the lead in his last two SBs, Manning not so much.

As for Bradshaw, he has the SBs, but where are his numbers and regular season winning % and over all playoff record? Not anywhere close to Manning, Brady or Montana (I'm willing to bet)

That's another thing that amazes me, everyone is always black n white with Manning or Brady, always leaving out one thing or another (Mostly Manning Cherry pickers). The over all picture is clear as day. Manning will never be better than Montana, and he is taking a back seat to his contemporary and the one guy who (still) could upstage Montana, and be put at the top of what most people feel is the Greatest of all time list.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's D was much better, nothing to talk about. Bronco's had a much better O line where they gave up 0 sacks. Brady was sacked 5 times in game vs Giants

I dont care what the sacks stats say, the Denver line was vastly overmatched in that game. They got their asses kicked.