• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and I am growing weary of BB and Kraft and the cheap ways, just not sure where to put the blame. Is Kraft being cheap or does BB actually think he can win it all with broken pieces of someone else's puzzle? I said at the Pats board IMO the run is over I would not be surprised to see them lose the division this year, they put some much faith in Brady and the simple truth is he cannont get it done anymore. You had a heavy WR draft last year that seems to not be living up to the standard. Gronk is consistently hurt they have done nothing to replace Hernadez, they just let Talib walk as they always do with decent corners. Wes left last year, Donte retired, the wheels are finally falling off the wagon.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Brady should just pack it in because he is not given any weapons at this point and doesn't appear that he will. Granted it is early but BB and Kraft seem to be cheap skates right now

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until there is another QB in the east that is worth a damn I think the Pats have the division on lock down. That being said the Bills and Dolphins are on the rise so if they ever get QBs watch out

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until there is another QB in the east that is worth a damn I think the Pats have the division on lock down. That being said the Bills and Dolphins are on the rise so if they ever get QBs watch out

Still.. Who will Brady throw the ball to? AND even if he has someone to throw it to... where is the defense to stop the other team from scoring. I mean we have seen what "scrub" QBs have done against the Patriots defense

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Brady should just pack it in because he is not given any weapons at this point and doesn't appear that he will. Granted it is early but BB and Kraft seem to be cheap skates right now

They went WR heavy last year in the draft and IMO they will draft a TE in either round on or two and we have a decent run game, I think there is an effort and maybe it's just not gelled yet or maybe they were the wrong pieces. We have to remember last year the Pats were the second youngest team in the league which means IMO they are still trying to rebuild. I think we all hate to see a player like Talib go, and then the other guy from Tenn signed with Tampa which IMO means once again we have a need a CB.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how Brady keeps taking pay cuts to keep some star power around yet he hasn't had a true number 1 since Moss.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still.. Who will Brady throw the ball to? AND even if he has someone to throw it to... where is the defense to stop the other team from scoring. I mean we have seen what "scrub" QBs have done against the Patriots defense

Receivers are pretty easy to find in the later rounds and underrated list. And your D is young if they improve then you will be ok. Winning a SB probably not but you will stay atop the east

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went WR heavy last year in the draft and IMO they will draft a TE in either round on or two and we have a decent run game, I think there is an effort and maybe it's just not gelled yet or maybe they were the wrong pieces. We have to remember last year the Pats were the second youngest team in the league which means IMO they are still trying to rebuild. I think we all hate to see a player like Talib go, and then the other guy from Tenn signed with Tampa which IMO means once again we have a need a CB.

It does appear that the Patriots are in full blown rebuild mode. But honestly I am not sure why. I think BB needs to step away from the GM responsibilities and just focus on coaching. It will never happen but still.

And yes, Tom Brady is taking pay cuts so he can GET weapons and the Pats aren't doing it! I don't really see why he has much motivation to stay

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning a SB probably not but you will stay atop the east

Yeah I do not see a SB this year at all.... I am not even banking on winning the East eithe

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think being smart about who you pay and when is a great ability that the Pats posses. Look at other teams (like mine :L ) that don't have that sort of control and can't separate the friendship from the business, so you end up paying players out of "loyalty" then get screwed in cap numbers later.

So no, I don't think the Pats are the Marlins of the NFL. I would say the Pats are the Rangers of the NFL...when you no longer are worth the money we will let you walk, even to a division rival. Now if only we could get the same hardware as the pats.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does appear that the Patriots are in full blown rebuild mode. But honestly I am not sure why. I think BB needs to step away from the GM responsibilities and just focus on coaching. It will never happen but still.

And yes, Tom Brady is taking pay cuts so he can GET weapons and the Pats aren't doing it! I don't really see why he has much motivation to stay

I will trade you GM's any day of the week and 10 times on Sunday. Careful what you wish for, guise.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think people are overreacting. Talib hurts but this team is still in great shape for the future.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think people are overreacting. Talib hurts but this team is still in great shape for the future.

Maybe , maybe not. IMO this means we need to draft or pick up a CB once again and I am not sure there is a better option out there. Couple this with the fact we need a SS, CB AGAIN, Spikes is gone (meh), we need a DE and DT as well as TE, Not such great shape IMO. Ohhh and I did forget to mention a center.

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tannehill and Manuel both have potential to be good, and if one or both get good in a season where Brady is going down but not enough to be got rid of then it could be interesting.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is widely known the the Marlins get players via farm system or draft and keep them until they become good and trade them away or just let them walk.

Well this is exactly what the New England Patriots seem to be trending towards....

Talib (granted they got him in a trade) but his value is good and the Patriots don't want to spend the money and now is gone.

Edelman - Wants to stay and proven that he can play everyday yet the Patriots don't want to pay him... So he probably will be gone

So can we equate the Patriots to the Marlins?

I wouldn't go that far. NFL.com says you guys are now after Revis.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far. NFL.com says you guys are now after Revis.

yes, they are reported too. but they aren't trading for him and his price as a FA will be too costly

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe , maybe not. IMO this means we need to draft or pick up a CB once again and I am not sure there is a better option out there. Couple this with the fact we need a SS, CB AGAIN, Spikes is gone (meh), we need a DE and DT as well as TE, Not such great shape IMO. Ohhh and I did forget to mention a center.

Speaking of centers, Dan Koppen is going to be an assistant coach at my son's High school team. I did'nt realize he was married to Van Eghen's daughter, another ex Pat. He currently lives a few blocks away from Randy Moss in Lincoln RI. Randy's son Chad is a big sophmore for Lincoln HS but their team sucks. Randy usually watches the games in his car, so people dont harrass him. My son is the player quoted in the article

Ex-Patriot Koppen explains move to Hendricken sidelines | Sports - High School | providencejournal.com | The Providence Journal

fearthepelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it fair to wonder if the Pats are wasting Brady's final years?