• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logic my man, you're barking into the wind.

The Hammer actually likes Brady...just has an interesting way of expressing it!

Everyone knows that Manning's just a play or two from being Marino.

That play or 2 have a name? Reche Caldwell

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

Peyton's ducks get smothered by Seahawks in stinging defeat - CBSSports.com

Consider merely this three-hour snapshot of football, for any great quarterback, and it would be folly to consider it anything but a failure. There is no other way to couch it. Had Seahawks corner Richard Sherman been quacking like a duck at Manning from the sidelines by the second quarter, well, no one could blame him with Manning's flailing pass fluttering right to safety Kam Chancellor for his first of two interceptions (there could have been several more), and the Aflac jokes threatening to take over Twitter.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks defense dominates Manning, Broncos in Super Bowl rout | FOX Sports on MSN

The game's first offensive snap proved a harbinger of what was to come. Manning approached the line of scrimmage to shout signals when center Manny Ramirez fired a snap that bounced off the quarterback's helmet and into the end zone. The miscommunication -- Ramirez said Manning shouldn't have stepped forward after making the final offensive adjustment -- led to a Seahawks safety only 12 seconds into the first quarter.

:L

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Homer, please don't stop posting Yahoo headlines about the Super Bowl. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're all very interested in reading about it.

:L

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome. NEhomer = GOAT

Gloater Of All Time baby!

Isn't that what you made this thread for?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome. NEhomer = GOAT

Gloater Of All Time baby!

Isn't that what you made this thread for?

Posting threads then expecting no response is insane.

:laugh3:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I suppose my work is done here. I hope nobody mistook my fucking around for my opinion. I just found all of this if-Manning-wins-this-SB-his-legacy-as-greatest-QB-will-be-cast bullshit to be nauseating. Add how thoroughly baseless Hammer's trolling is, and how could ya resist pokin' a little fun? There are three threads on the main page ripping at Manning and the Broncs. None of which were started by a Pats fan. Pats fans at least as of late, have been generally reasonable...we had to let briz and Ken out of the yard on occasion!

There simply is no such thing as naming the greatest QB of all time. From offensive line work to receivers to rule changes to salary caps to just plain old luck, there's no way to accurately make such a wide-reaching claim and perhaps Brady's the greatest example of it. Three field goals, one catch and one drop, five plays total, separate him from being called the undisputed greatest ever at 5-0 or the man who surpasses Marino and Kelly for chances at never getting it done at 0-5. That's pretty remarkable; five plays. As it worked out, he's just one of the best which is just about all you can definitively about any of the greats.

Manning was never going to be the greatest ever after last weekend regardless of the outcome. Dude's fucking terrific in his own right and deservedly a first ballot HOF inductee. Imagining, however, that he did win and esp if the score was reversed, the rhetoric not just here at the hoop but all across the media, would have been insane. My best guess too, is that some pretty rampant Brady bashing would have sprung up around these pages. I would have scrolled past most of it but it's nice to not have to.

Seahawks brought it that night but we commonly put too much on one game. They could replay the SB next weekend and the Broncos could win. They could re-play pretty much all of the playoff games and things could be reversed. Kaep hits Crab and we're not even talking about the Seahawks.

For not having won it all, this has been one of the most fun NFL seasons in a long time. Every Pats game was like a Christmas gift, you had no idea what would come out of the box. At home it was a gift every single week, it Denver, it was a lump of coal :facepalm3:

Hang in there Denver fans and perhaps we'll be back at it again next season but no matter what happens, Manning still won't be the greatest ever.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Zevon's Ain't That Pretty At All is dedicated to Denver fans this year from an experienced Superbowl losing Pats fan:

Lyrics to Ain't That Pretty At All :
written by Leroy P. Marinell & Warren Zevon

Well, I've seen all there is to see
And I've heard all they have to say
I've done everything I wanted to do . . .
I've done that too
And it ain't that pretty at all
Ain't that pretty at all
So I'm going to hurl myself against the wall
'Cause I'd rather feel bad than not feel anything at all

You know, I just had a short vacation, Roy
Spent it getting a root canal
"Oh, how'd you like it?"
Well, it ain't that pretty at all
So I'm going to hurl myself against the wall
'Cause I'd rather feel bad than not feel anything at all

Gonna get a good running start and throw myself at the wall as hard as I can man

I've been to Paris
I've been to Rome
Guess what?
I'd like to go back to Paris someday and visit the Louvre Museum
Get a good running start and hurl myself at the wall
Going to hurl myself against the wall
'Cause I'd rather feel bad than feel nothing at all
Ain't that pretty at all

'Cause I'd rather feel bad than not feel anything at all!!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There simply is no such thing as naming the greatest QB of all time

Montana then Brady imo which with 2 bucks gets you a grande starbucks coffee

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't Patriot bashers gloating over Pats loss to Denver? Its what fan bases do. Seems to be a noticeable double standard on these boards towards anything Patriots IMO. Troy Aikman's comments at end of SB were utterly pathetic saying that winning this game would have done alot for his legacy but losing it in this way does not hurt his rep in any way...? WHAT? The love for that guy is over the top, hardly ever do you hear a criticism.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I need a promo code for said coffee? Or should I just tell the barista sonnyblack said so?

Tell em Sonny said so and also the menu $1.95 inc tax. That starbucks started in your hood( Seattle) unless you lost an AV bet and I think Magic Johnson owns 100 of them or so

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell em Sonny said so and also the menu $1.95 inc tax. That starbucks started in your hood( Seattle) unless you lost an AV bet and I think Magic Johnson owns 100 of them or so
Man ninersickness... this avi bet loss just keeps on paying dividends doesn't it? :laugh3:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots....Marlins of the NFL??

Well it is widely known the the Marlins get players via farm system or draft and keep them until they become good and trade them away or just let them walk.

Well this is exactly what the New England Patriots seem to be trending towards....

Talib (granted they got him in a trade) but his value is good and the Patriots don't want to spend the money and now is gone.

Edelman - Wants to stay and proven that he can play everyday yet the Patriots don't want to pay him... So he probably will be gone

So can we equate the Patriots to the Marlins?