• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only defending the point above where someone claimed nobody knew he had issues...

relax a bit... no reason to go attacking people.

SEC, sorry if that seemed personal, that was not intended. I hear you, we knew there were character flaws. They would have to be morons to believe that the Pats knew he was a murderer.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC, sorry if that seemed personal, that was not intended. I hear you, we knew there were character flaws. They would have to be morons to believe that the Pats knew he was a murderer.

Thanks... I am pretty sure we are on the same page

:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"And Hernandez is dumb as fuck if he thinks destroying those electronics erases the records... especially the cell phone. What a complete moron... tack on the rental cars, the texts, cell tower tracking, the victims text to his family showing concern, hernandez's general attitude, his gang banger friends, etc... all of which will be disclosed in court.

This case is open and shut..".

Couldn't agree more. What I don't understand is why some folks seem to be hoping he beats the charges.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An exaggeration. Just like Robert Kraft saying he was "duped" by "a most likable young man" when he knew for a fact that Aaron Hernandez was a violent criminal. Kraft should be held accountable for enabling this guy, as should Urban Meyer.

How did they know he was a "violent" criminal? Sure they knew he wasn't an amazing person but a "killer" how exactly did they know that?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the Patriots did not know what he did off the field but there is no way they knew he was a killer, plain and simple....

Do they look god awful now? Of course... As would ANY team that had Hernandez

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. Well...except for the fact that Ray Lewis isn't a murderer. Don't let that get in the way of a "good" post though.

Evidence missing..... yeah because he is completely clean

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the Patriots did not know what he did off the field but there is no way they knew he was a killer, plain and simple....

I know I dont see as much information on it as someone from your area does but to me someone from Chicago I dont see why they have such a bad image. The only reason I have ever said they held a bag image was because of the whole video taping thing which is THEIR fault. Like you said this whole Rodriguez thing isnt their fault so I dont know why they would earn such a bad image, thats if they are.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I dont see as much information on it as someone from your area does but to me someone from Chicago I dont see why they have such a bad image. The only reason I have ever said they held a bag image was because of the whole video taping thing which is THEIR fault. Like you said this whole Rodriguez thing isnt their fault so I dont know why they would earn such a bad image, thats if they are.

A lot of haters out there. They don't like the Patriots success and they turn mole hills into mountains. A lot of people don't like the Patriots because of BB and how he does not address the media or really answer any questions when reporters ask him and I get how that pisses off people because at times that is very frustrating because he is like a robot who just says no comment.

People want to believe the Patriots are just as guilty as Hernandez himself.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see how that is frustrating for Patriot fans not to receive the information because I would be the same way with the Bears. The fact is BB is one of the smartest coaches ever in NFL history and his idea behind not disclosing anything is brilliant. Obviously with cases like Hernandez or Denard you do eventually have to address the media but I have always loved his philosophy on keeping his mouth shut to the media about football tactics.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots as also victims of this crime, lesser victims obviously, by still victims.

They do not look "awful". That statement is pure foolishness

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight. Ron, you actually started the ball rolling on all this horseshit? Good God man, training camps are opening all over the place.

Hernandez is out of football. I suspect, permanently. Who gives a fuck about him now except the family of his victim and his own.

Personally, I would rather discuss the rumors about Brady and Welker wife swapping. And to be honest, if there are no photos or videos, I don't give a shit about that either.

Start discussing whatever you want and stop whining about my thread.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont think any organization can get more scummier than the Lions. They have one of the dirtiest cities in the United States, very dirty players and even a coach who will charge another one and freaks out. If I hear the Detroit Lions get mentioned, I honestly think scum right away.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did they know he was a "violent" criminal? Sure they knew he wasn't an amazing person but a "killer" how exactly did they know that?

Yeah, I think there are two perspectives here...

First, from a pure football perspective, the Risk / Reward with Aaron is the same whether he murders someone or gets caught dealing drugs or has a substance abuse problem himself... meaning they all result in him not playing for the Pats. Sure, murder has him playing a lot more suddenly than say a drug conviction... because too often those offenders get a 2nd chance.. That is where most people are coming from on "they knew what they were getting..." and sure, most of us didn't think that would amount to murder... but if he was out of the NFL for a variety of other reasons nobody would be shocked.

Second, the fan perspective... we actually differentiate between murder and lesser chargers.. which seems to be what much of the above debate is about... and I agree with you, I never thought anyone would blow such a dream life over something so stupid.... I am almost speechless... he had everything and kept hanging around with idiots..

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see how that is frustrating for Patriot fans not to receive the information because I would be the same way with the Bears. The fact is BB is one of the smartest coaches ever in NFL history and his idea behind not disclosing anything is brilliant. Obviously with cases like Hernandez or Denard you do eventually have to address the media but I have always loved his philosophy on keeping his mouth shut to the media about football tactics.

Lets all be honest... people love to rail clubs and coaches for off the field issues, whether it is BB or my Gators with all the arrest...but BB has done well in the risk / reward game over time. They have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no need to lose your mind over media squabbles, let them run with the scoop.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He actually for a while (I don't have a clue if he still does because I go to school away from New England in -season) would break down some film on the local total access show. I really don't think it's about football strategy as much as a) not allowing the media to be a distraction on things not relevant to football, and b) not liking that he is mandated by the league to do press conferences. When he talks on his terms he's actually enjoyable to watch.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's your fucking point? We knew he had character flaws. Never knew he was a murderer. If chracter flaws made you a felon, all you haters would be in prison! and we'd all be saying "I don't understand, how could they be so stupid"

I'm not saying they knew he was a murderer. I'm saying they knew he had off the field issues. They didn't have to give him a new contract. He had two years left on his current deal. Sorry, but I find it hard to believe any team would do this without doing a background check on the player. That's why I think they had to have some idea about things that went on in 2007 & 2012. These teams don't hire former law enforcement to checkout players just before the draft. These people work for the teams 12 months out of the year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolls will be trolls.

I have never liked the guy, obviously as a Browns fan, but to say he had anything do with it or Urban did is absurd!

I try to ignore shit like that

Why do you hate the man? I could understand hating Art Model, But if Bill had been given just a bit more leash and time in Cleveland, they might be 3-2 in the SB or even better.
Just curious, not trying to hijack a thread...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An exaggeration. Just like Robert Kraft saying he was "duped" by "a most likable young man" when he knew for a fact that Aaron Hernandez was a violent criminal. Kraft should be held accountable for enabling this guy, as should Urban Meyer.

So...My coworker got a few speeding tickets a number of years ago in his personal vehicle but has had a clean driving record ever since he was hired. Should my boss make sure he never drives a company vehicle because he will kill somebody in a dui accident?