• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of those not in this game, Packer fans are the most emotional about this result. The butthurt is palpable. And what's sad is that an equal amount of butthurt they have toward this result is also directed toward San Francisco. I just have a hard time envisioning myself as a Patriot fan if I were one being excited about the outcome. It made the AFC look like lackluster and gives a clear main story arc of highest importance to NFL stakeholders going into next season: the NFC West gauntlet. Only suckers get so far wrapped up in the Manning/Brady thing that it consumes them.

Packer fans are emotional about this game? Wait... what? Lol. How did you come to that conclusion? I do think it's weird how much New England fans are enjoying this, though. The entire front page is New England fans gloating right now.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packer fans are emotional about this game? Wait... what? Lol. How did you come to that conclusion? I do think it's weird how much New England fans are enjoying this, though. The entire front page is New England fans gloating right now.

East coast mentality. The rest of us are angels. Good morning buddy. :10:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except those things aren't fun and making a Patriots/Celtics/Red Sox fan's head explode is fucking hilarious. :pound:

Please remember that EVERY city has dimbulb fans as well as smart ones.

Boston has no monopoly on either.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now.....FINALLY......the debate is over...Yom Brady is by far the better QB of the 2

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now.....FINALLY......the debate is over...Yom Brady is by far the better QB of the 2

Nah. Still wiggle room. Peyton's team beat Tom's a coupla weeks ago, remember?

Anyway, a few years from now Luck will relegate them both to a couple of also rans some folks remember watching. :nod:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all rights, people should be way more critical of Manning from this game then they were of Brady in 07. End of story.

Manning had a rating of 73.5 last night. Brady had 82.5 in 07 and 91.1 in 11.

I figured he would wait until at least the 4th quarter to fall apart and throw a pick 6 to loose (like he did against the Saints). Instead he craps the bed right away and Denver follows.

And they are. He had 3 of the 4 turnovers last night.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver played two teams in the playoffs who didn't even deserve to be there. Then the faced the Seahawks who boast a passing D that's best in the league and better than the next 3 teams. Combined.

"Has nothing to do with it. Manning is the worst QB evaaaaaar!" - gloating Hatriots fans

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans should be upset. The team that beat the shit outta them, got throat raped.

Makes their team look worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans should be upset. The team that beat the shot outta them, got throat raped.

"But... but... but... Brady played fine and is the GOAT." - rmilia

LongHairedTimmeh

Bancroft Hall, USNA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really does but the Brady dolts have always been so emotional and irrational that I don't expect yesterday will change things in their mind one bit. Nothing ever will.

I agree. Post season success is entirely overrated.

peyton_AP%20omeara.jpg

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans should be upset. The team that beat the shit outta them, got throat raped.

Makes their team look worse.

We were not that good. Patriots fans recognize we were overachievers. We SHOULD of gotten beat. We did. So what? Next year we'll be one of the favorites to win the SB and Pats haters will have to get in line behind Hammer to hate them......

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were not that good. Patriots fans recognize we were overachievers. We SHOULD of gotten beat. We did. So what? Next year we'll be one of the favorites to win the SB and Pats haters will have to get in line behind Hammer to hate them......

How can you be favorites when you can't get passed Denver? And why would you want to get to the superbowl and get punked by NFC style defense. If it aint the hawks, it will be the Niners, or some other team with a defense you have no answer for?
The NFC is going to rule the almost football conference for the next few years. It aint even close!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be favorites when you can't get passed Denver? And why would you want to get to the superbowl and get punked by NFC style defense. If it aint the hawks, it will be the Niners, or some other team with a defense you have no answer for?
The NFC is going to rule the almost football conference for the next few years. It aint even close!

He did say next year. The patriots had three first team all pros and a second teamer out for that game, in addition to a slew of other injuries.

mcblive

Brady is God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that most of the Brady haters have crawled into a hole because their hero got bitch slapped in front of a billion TV watchers around the world.

Say what you want, but Manning had everything go his way this entire season and through the playoffs. The Football Gods even gave him an incredible warm, clear day and evening for his platform at the Super Bowl. Brady has never looked as bad in any of his Super Bowl losses as Manning did last night.

Listening to the talking heads try to make excuses for him is pathetic. One says that the first snap put the Broncos in a horrible position........excuse me? Down 2 points and Manning can't come back? Brady was sacked for a safety against the Giants and still made a game out of it. Another says that it wasn't Manning's fault. If they'd won, it would have been Manning's glory. It just goes on and on.

Manning did break another record yesterday, most completions by a QB in a Super Bowl. Problem is that he averaged 7 yards per completion with his 34 completions for 240 yards total. As I previously wrote......Manning throws for big chunks of yardage but Hawks took his down field targets away. Moreno couldn't break loose to make the play action work and Manning didn't have 15 seconds every time he dropped back.

Seattle gave the Broncos a taste of what the Broncos did to all of the wannabes this season. By the fourth quarter, the Broncos knew they were done and they had to sit through what the Jags and Texans and Titans had to go through when Manning just kept throwing to pad his stats.

Manning has all of the season records. Manning has 5 seasonal MVPs. Manning is below .500 in the playoffs. Manning is 1-2 in the Super Bowl. Brady has 3 Super Bowl Rings, 2 Super Bowl MVPs. I'll take Brady.

exactly, stick with the guy that wins more often instead Peyton peeing down his leg on the biggest stage of all...that was pathetic.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Still wiggle room. Peyton's team beat Tom's a coupla weeks ago, remember?

Anyway, a few years from now Luck will relegate them both to a couple of also rans some folks remember watching. :nod:

Yeah Pats spot Denver 24 points at halftime in important reg season game with homefield adv online. Brady helps Pats score 31 points on next 5 drives. Peyton doesnt have 100 yards till 4th quarter. Another fetal position. Brady is his Kryptonite.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:facepalm3:

Denver getting beat was actually a nightmare for Pats fans. Now they KNOW Peyton will return next season instead of going out on top as the GOAT. And if the Pats get handed another free ticket to the playoffs again, Peyton is going to do the very same thing and send them home for the year.