• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BF4L or JDM during arguments...

475794_o.gif

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Patriot fans are gloating, (I have no idea why) Niner fans are a little bit pissed. It could be said the real superbowl was two weeks ago in Seattle. And that game was a war! It could easily have gone the other way.

I have to agree since the Broncos beat two below-average teams who had no business in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, my friend, Thank you. Even though you know the Pats did not make the Superbowl, you have shown it all is still all about the Patriots! Thank you!

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of those not in this game, Packer fans are the most emotional about this result. The butthurt is palpable. And what's sad is that an equal amount of butthurt they have toward this result is also directed toward San Francisco. I just have a hard time envisioning myself as a Patriot fan if I were one being excited about the outcome. It made the AFC look like lackluster and gives a clear main story arc of highest importance to NFL stakeholders going into next season: the NFC West gauntlet. Only suckers get so far wrapped up in the Manning/Brady thing that it consumes them.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady>>>>>>>>Manning.

It's really not that close.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady>>>>>>>>Manning.

It's really not that close.

You kidding. Peyton beat your guy two weeks ago. Think of what the Seahawks would have done to you guys. :laugh3:

I actually have a theory the Bronchos sort of went in to shock when their center fucked them up on the first play of the game. You are probably wound pretty tight at the beginning of the game. If you recall, when the first few Super Bowls were played the team that scored first usually won. The pressure is enormous.

And let's face it. Seattle is an excellent team. But if they played 10 times I imagine Denver would win 6. Shit happens.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I blue is awful Blue

Nah. To be perfectly honest, while I did want Peyton to win, it is a small matter to me. I just like yanking patsie fans chains. You guys are SO easy.

People want to blame Irsay for Manning leaving Indy, but Peyton had everything in his hands to determine the outcome. He chose to leave and he chose Denver. So be it. We got Lucky. Glad we did. In any event, Peyton is not my quarterback.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all rights, people should be way more critical of Manning from this game then they were of Brady in 07. End of story.

Manning had a rating of 73.5 last night. Brady had 82.5 in 07 and 91.1 in 11.

I figured he would wait until at least the 4th quarter to fall apart and throw a pick 6 to loose (like he did against the Saints). Instead he craps the bed right away and Denver follows.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all rights, people should be way more critical of Manning from this game then they were of Brady in 07. End of story.

Manning had a rating of 73.5 last night. Brady had 82.5 in 07 and 91.1 in 11.

I figured he would wait until at least the 4th quarter to fall apart and throw a pick 6 to loose (like he did against the Saints). Instead he craps the bed right away and Denver follows.

It was a pretty ignoble effort. Peyton has always pressed when things go as badly as they did at the beginning of the game. On the other hand, the Seattle defense was doing a helluva job bringing the heat. I started watching a movie in the second half, but from what I saw, it really was not a lack of patience on his part. They were just covering well and getting into his grill.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that most of the Brady haters have crawled into a hole because their hero got bitch slapped in front of a billion TV watchers around the world.

Say what you want, but Manning had everything go his way this entire season and through the playoffs. The Football Gods even gave him an incredible warm, clear day and evening for his platform at the Super Bowl. Brady has never looked as bad in any of his Super Bowl losses as Manning did last night.

Listening to the talking heads try to make excuses for him is pathetic. One says that the first snap put the Broncos in a horrible position........excuse me? Down 2 points and Manning can't come back? Brady was sacked for a safety against the Giants and still made a game out of it. Another says that it wasn't Manning's fault. If they'd won, it would have been Manning's glory. It just goes on and on.

Manning did break another record yesterday, most completions by a QB in a Super Bowl. Problem is that he averaged 7 yards per completion with his 34 completions for 240 yards total. As I previously wrote......Manning throws for big chunks of yardage but Hawks took his down field targets away. Moreno couldn't break loose to make the play action work and Manning didn't have 15 seconds every time he dropped back.

Seattle gave the Broncos a taste of what the Broncos did to all of the wannabes this season. By the fourth quarter, the Broncos knew they were done and they had to sit through what the Jags and Texans and Titans had to go through when Manning just kept throwing to pad his stats.

Manning has all of the season records. Manning has 5 seasonal MVPs. Manning is below .500 in the playoffs. Manning is 1-2 in the Super Bowl. Brady has 3 Super Bowl Rings, 2 Super Bowl MVPs. I'll take Brady.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pretty ignoble effort. Peyton has always pressed when things go as badly as they did at the beginning of the game. On the other hand, the Seattle defense was doing a helluva job bringing the heat. I started watching a movie in the second half, but from what I saw, it really was not a lack of patience on his part. They were just covering well and getting into his grill.

Yet if it had been Brady, we know how that would go and what people would say

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that most of the Brady haters have crawled into a hole because their hero got bitch slapped in front of a billion TV watchers around the world.

Say what you want, but Manning had everything go his way this entire season and through the playoffs. The Football Gods even gave him an incredible warm, clear day and evening for his platform at the Super Bowl. Brady has never looked as bad in any of his Super Bowl losses as Manning did last night.

Listening to the talking heads try to make excuses for him is pathetic. One says that the first snap put the Broncos in a horrible position........excuse me? Down 2 points and Manning can't come back? Brady was sacked for a safety against the Giants and still made a game out of it. Another says that it wasn't Manning's fault. If they'd won, it would have been Manning's glory. It just goes on and on.

Manning did break another record yesterday, most completions by a QB in a Super Bowl. Problem is that he averaged 7 yards per completion with his 34 completions for 240 yards total. As I previously wrote......Manning throws for big chunks of yardage but Hawks took his down field targets away. Moreno couldn't break loose to make the play action work and Manning didn't have 15 seconds every time he dropped back.

Seattle gave the Broncos a taste of what the Broncos did to all of the wannabes this season. By the fourth quarter, the Broncos knew they were done and they had to sit through what the Jags and Texans and Titans had to go through when Manning just kept throwing to pad his stats.

Manning has all of the season records. Manning has 5 seasonal MVPs. Manning is below .500 in the playoffs. Manning is 1-2 in the Super Bowl. Brady has 3 Super Bowl Rings, 2 Super Bowl MVPs. I'll take Brady.

Although I don't usually go all homer like Ken and briz, this part is absolutely true. The Manning dick slobbering would have been over the top if he didn't shit the bed. Hell, the Manning>>>>Brady threads popped up like weeds over the AFCCG alone. Not sure I was ready for the new orange math... 2/3 > 3/5. I prefer the old math...3/5 > 1/3.

Thank the NFL Gods that we've been spared that drivel.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BF4L or JDM during arguments...

475794_o.gif

:lol:

Honestly I was kinda torn on the SB. I was pulling for Welker to get a ring but also for Pete Carroll cause he got screwed over by the Pats way back when.

Seattle's defense was insane last night so I guess it was not Mannings fault. I am still fucking pissed about that damn safety though that thing cost me some cash.

All this other babble about Pats fans being haters...please just go back and look at the crucifixion you same people gave Brady after Denvers defense shut him down and he had a bad game.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I don't usually go all homer like Ken and briz, this part is absolutely true. The Manning dick slobbering would have been over the top if he didn't shit the bed. Hell, the Manning>>>>Brady threads popped up like weeds over the AFCCG alone. Not sure I was ready for the new orange math... 2/3 > 3/5. I prefer the old math...3/5 > 1/3.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Yeah, instead we get to hear how the Seattle players either sprang from the loins of ancient Egyptian gods or Norse ones.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Honestly I was kinda torn on the SB. I was pulling for Welker to get a ring but also for Pete Carroll cause he got screwed over by the Pats way back when.

Seattle's defense was insane last night so I guess it was not Mannings fault. I am still fucking pissed about that damn safety though that thing cost me some cash.

All this other babble about Pats fans being haters...please just go back and look at the crucifixion you same people gave Brady after Denvers defense shut him down and he had a bad game.

Actually, I don't believe it did. But I should probably stop talking about what Gisele and I used to do together. :nod:

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Yeah, instead we get to hear how the Seattle players either sprang from the loins of ancient Egyptian gods or Norse ones.

Homer is right. The dribble coming out of ESPN and such over how awesome Manning was would have been so over the edge. Same could be said when the Pats lost when they was undefeated. Brady would have been elevated to a level like nobody else. Fact is both are awesome and that is why they/we always have these discussions.

Seattle is gonna have issues coming up next year. The rookie salaries will be gone and they will lose a lot of players cause they gonna wanna get paid. Should be interesting to see how that works out.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poor Brady/NE haters

They have to figure out a way to get around this being a worse performance than either of Brady's last two SBs.

Then again Safety and Fumble were not two things that I would have even come close to thinking of being on the "how is Manning going to lose this SB" list. And little did I know, that once he had the Safety and then the Int, that Denver would turtle up.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poor Brady/NE haters

They have to figure out a way to get around this being a worse performance than either of Brady's last two SBs.

Then again Safety and Fumble were not two things that I would have even come close to thinking of being on the "how is Manning going to lose this SB" list. And little did I know, that once he had the Safety and then the Int, that Denver would turtle up.

If you will recall, all my best buddies at ESPN were patsie fans. Doesn't mean I don't still enjoy fucking with you guys.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can do is shake my head because, honestly, it's beyond belief. :laugh:

Patriots get their asses kicked by Manning and the Broncos on a dismal outting by Tom Brady.

"Had nothing to do with Brady. It's a team game."

Broncos get their asses kicked after Manning's greatest season in NFL history and setting Super Bowl record for completions.

"He's the worst ever. It was a pathetic choke. He should retire. He's the worst ever."

The complete void of reason, logic and class is mind-boggling and only conceivable by a fan of Boston sports.

Here, let me sum it up...

gAlYW0z.gif

:YAWN:

Maybe it's time for both of them to hang up the cleats