• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my take on Sherman is if you're a Seattle fan, you'll love him. If you're not a Seattle fan, odds are you'll hate him (unless he was on your team, then you'd love him).

Fact is just about every team has the one player that makes you say "he may be a d-bag, but he's our d-bag"

I root for the Steelers and I realize Ben is not exactly loved by other fans.

And as for SF fans that are butthurt over Sherman's antics after the game...if you're so upset by his antics, you must be absolutely embarrassed having Aldon Smith play for your team, right? I mean, hey Sherman's comments were a bit douchy, but at least he's not out there putting innocent people's lives at risk with DUIs, right?

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really does but the Brady dolts have always been so emotional and irrational that I don't expect yesterday will change things in their mind one bit. Nothing ever will.

Not sure I am a dolt but Tom Brady IMO is one of the greatest QB's to play the game. Where he stands on that non-existent list is obviously open to opinion. Most here at the hoop do not like the Pats, Brady, or the Pats fans...with certain posters around I can fully understand that.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at all the Seahawks haters coming out of the woodwork because we're going to the superbowl while their teams have already cleared out their lockers.

haterz gonna hate.

Richard Sherman? Is that you?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said Peyton Manning did this and Peyton Manning did that and I said "yeah sure'

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver D played great against the run (which they have been doing all year for the most part, Chargers Reg Season was the excpetion) and got stops and defended passes at crucial times when they had to.

They also had a bit of luck go their way. Brady was off and overthrew 4 passes of which 2 were sure TDs.

The receiver had beat the coverage or there was a break down in coverage.

:agree:

My biggest fear in this game was if the Bronco's got the early lead and was stopping NE's run game. I knew and probably anyone who was watching knew that the Pats would abandon the run game and go to the air. Brady missed a lot of throws and we get the result from a great defensive game plan from the Bronco's.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Dick Sherm to one of the greatest Boxers in history is laughable at best, Ali spoke for himself and had no one in the ring but himself, Sherman is a great player but he benefits from an overall great Defense and acts like he won the game by himself.

First of all, props to you for manning up on your avatar bet. Secondly, Sherman was talking about the "one" play that basically sealed the game for the Seahawks. If you've ever listened to Sherman's previous interviews (don't expect you would since he doesn't play for your team) he heaps a ton of praise on his team & his fellow defensive backs.

Do I wish that Sherman would tone it down a bit, hell yes. However, he's going to keep talking smack until some receiver or QB flat out beats him during a game.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have to separate Richard Sherman...the person from Richard Sherman...the character

Richard Sherman...the person is a highly intelligent young man, very likable, down to earth and an all around genuinely nice guy. Watch any of his local interviews or the stuff he does with charity and you'll see.

Now...Richard Sherman the character is totally different. This is the side that fuels his passion and fuels his drive to play football the way he does. This guy has an absolute chip on his shoulders and he plays better when he has that me against the world mentality. That's just how he's wired.

In a perfect world would I have rather had Sherman react differently on such a big stage with everyone watching...yeah of course. But are his comments so bad that I would call Richard Sherman trash? No way not even close.

What Sherman displayed was simply pure unfiltered raw passion. And in the moment considering the circumstances, considering what just happened, and considering the moment...is it really surprising to see what happened?

Point is I do think that he went a little far yesterday but I'm not appalled by it. I'm really more appalled by people berating his character and if true the racial slurs that he has received on twitter because of his actions.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think yesterday really showed one quarterback better than the other. This right here shows why it is a team game. The Bronco defense stepped up to hold the Patriots early and the Bronco offense put some points on the board to force the Patriots to have to become 1-diminsional and not the 1-diminsion they wanted in the run game. BB and Patriots have done the same thing to Manning at different points in his career.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe how big this story has become. Like Sherman said, Crabs should keep his name out of his mouth if he cant back it up on the field.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, props to you for manning up on your avatar bet. Secondly, Sherman was talking about the "one" play that basically sealed the game for the Seahawks. If you've ever listened to Sherman's previous interviews (don't expect you would since he doesn't play for your team) he heaps a ton of praise on his team & his fellow defensive backs.

Do I wish that Sherman would tone it down a bit, hell yes. However, he's going to keep talking smack until some receiver or QB flat out beats him during a game.

That won't stop him. The Colts abused Sherman this year.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take the athlete out of Compton but you can't take the Compton out of the athlete

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers Fan Reaction after Seattle loss

It was only a matter of time... This one is pretty classic.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom loses to the Mannings because he feels bad because of their downs syndrome. The man has a big heart

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his tears are my sustenance. nom nom nom

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard Sherman WWE

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wanted to shake crabtrees hand he should have waited till the clock was at 0:00. All he was doing after that play was attempting to rub it in crabtrees face right after the play.

Then his post game antics are best reserved for WWE.

Don't expect seahawk fans to get it but the pulse of the nation is sherman is a douche. You seahawk fans are just homers and rightfully so, your team won but show some class and don't act like sherman was trying to be some nice guy saying good game because its bullshit, he was just trying to rub salt on the wound.