• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is obviously auditioning for his new role in the WWE after people figure out he's helped out by the refs on every play for getting away with holding, has 2 excellent safeties behind him and an elite pass rush when at home.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman is obviously auditioning for his new role in the WWE after people figure out he's helped out by the refs on every play for getting away with holding, has 2 excellent safeties behind him and an elite pass rush when at home.

Richard Sherman reminds me of an athlete that was as equally despised. He kept telling everyone he was the best. Used the media to proclaim he was the best. The funny thing is, they both have backed up their talk.

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k99vwx450dw]Post Fight Interview Muhammed Ali after the Rumble in the Jungle - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I have a problem with is the utter disrespect for his opponent. There is no place in sports for that crap.

"Sorry ass receiver like Crabtree."
"Crabtree is a mediocre receiver, at best."

If he wants to tout himself. Talk about how great he is. Show his confidence to the world, etc... Fine. Even that can rub some people the wrong way - but if you earn it you earn it. But saying your opponents aren't any good after a great game that you just won is complete and utter bullshit.

I've played sports my whole life, high school, collegiant, and even professionally for a while. That shit does not belong. Jordan talked trash - but he would never call an opponent a "Sorry ass basketball player." Jordan, Kobe, The Great One, Tiger, Peyton, Brady, Montana, Phelps, even Deon - None of them would say those things. There is a line between confidence and trash talk vs pure disrespect. He went way over that line.

He did himself and the Seahawks no favors there. Garbage!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1538833_10151820713787714_36018226_n.jpg

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is a complete douchebag

He singlehandedly made everyone a Broncos fan and embarrassed his team and city.

I hope some leadership vets in the clubhouse tell him to STFU and stop acting like a 7 year old.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sonny, I'm now convinced you're a Pats-hating Bills fan. That's the only possible explanation.

Nah I'm been a Pats fan when they really really sucked.Talking 1and 2 win seasons I enjoyed watching the juiced up Steelers in those years. I was lucky and won 3 SB trips, everything paid and wouldnt you know it were the first 3 years Bills went to SB

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, you'd say that Peyton Manning was very ordinary. How would you describe Tom Brady's performance, rmilia?

Saying Manning played well is saying he played ordinary??? OK.... The reality is that the Denver D played great as did Manning. One of those was expected. One of them wasnt. Id be wiling to wager if you had told Bronco fans they were going to score 26 points Sunday they wouldnt have been to comfy with that as it pertains to the outcome of the game. As it turns out the D stepped up and made a GREAT performance. Kudos to them. Brady played fine. Not great but certainly not bad either. Denvers D was the difference in the game.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wonder what the result would have been if Brady had all of the weapons that Manning does

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Manning played well is saying he played ordinary??? OK.... The reality is that the Denver D played great as did Manning. One of those was expected. One of them wasnt. Id be wiling to wager if you had told Bronco fans they were going to score 26 points Sunday they wouldnt have been to comfy with that as it pertains to the outcome of the game. As it turns out the D stepped up and made a GREAT performance. Kudos to them. Brady played fine. Not great but certainly not bad either. Denvers D was the difference in the game.

Denver D played great against the run (which they have been doing all year for the most part, Chargers Reg Season was the excpetion) and got stops and defended passes at crucial times when they had to.

They also had a bit of luck go their way. Brady was off and overthrew 4 passes of which 2 were sure TDs.

The receiver had beat the coverage or there was a break down in coverage.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I have a problem with is the utter disrespect for his opponent. There is no place in sports for that crap.

"Sorry ass receiver like Crabtree."
"Crabtree is a mediocre receiver, at best."

If he wants to tout himself. Talk about how great he is. Show his confidence to the world, etc... Fine. Even that can rub some people the wrong way - but if you earn it you earn it. But saying your opponents aren't any good after a great game that you just won is complete and utter bullshit.

I've played sports my whole life, high school, collegiant, and even professionally for a while. That shit does not belong. Jordan talked trash - but he would never call an opponent a "Sorry ass basketball player." Jordan, Kobe, The Great One, Tiger, Peyton, Brady, Montana, Phelps, even Deon - None of them would say those things. There is a line between confidence and trash talk vs pure disrespect. He went way over that line.

He did himself and the Seahawks no favors there. Garbage!

First of all your avatar is god damn distracting

Second, good post. I agree with almost everything you said. I like Sherman as a Seahawk fan, I'm not the biggest fan of his constant talking but he backs it up so I've gotten used to it. Calling out another receiver wasn't his best move. Although, from what I hear that was a lot of trash talking from Crabs throughout the year.

if anything he makes things interesting and I'm glad he's on the team I root for.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares...really! Both are very good players and will make the HOF. The Manning's make fun of the common man in their commercials. Brady is a princess. All of these individuals are spoiled rich kids.

I suppose I'll root for Seattle. Yes, Peyton topped Brady...but if Seattle wins, Eli still has more SB Rings which is the ultimate marker for who's best.

I can't root for Seattle because Carroll is a crook of a coach. Can both teams lose in the SB?

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this is not what I have a problem with, even though I think it was stupid as they did not choke, Sherman made the play on the ball. What I have a problem with is his actions on camera. If you want to run your mouth do it during the game, not after it. Let your play back it up, otherwise you are just a cocky little bitch ass punk. Don't over celebrate anything, good or bad, otherwise like every coach says “act like you have been there before”.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman makes Keyshawn Johnson, Warren Sapp and T.O. look like role models in comparison with his classlessness. Best thing that can happen is that he gets a huge contract and then pulls a Haynesworth.

Butt hurt? Sit on a block of ice.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Dick Sherm to one of the greatest Boxers in history is laughable at best, Ali spoke for himself and had no one in the ring but himself, Sherman is a great player but he benefits from an overall great Defense and acts like he won the game by himself.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is a bit more simple:

I thought his little rant reeked of selfishness. You just won the NFC Championship! You just earned a trip to the Super Bowl! Things that. I guess I'm old fashioned but, things that one would think are a little bit more important that something Crabtree said earlier in the week that rustled your little jimmies.

Now, here we are, talking about this stupid meltdown instead of talking about your team and what it has accomplished.

Selfish look at me moment from Sherman.

Had a wide receiver done this, we'd be calling him a prima donna.

:2cents:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Dick Sherm to one of the greatest Boxers in history is laughable at best, Ali spoke for himself and had no one in the ring but himself, Sherman is a great player but he benefits from an overall great Defense and acts like he won the game by himself.

Sherm gives lots of love to his teammates. You know why Ali could talk trash? Because he backed it up. Same with Sherm. But go ahead and romanticize one trash talker and bash another. See ya next year!