• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial "Tom Brady & the New England Patriots" Superthread

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's why the Patriots haven't won a SB in 10 years.
= I got nothing.

and they get really angry, really fast.

Well you dirty bastard, just when I was about to add you to my X-mas card e-list.

..and linkedin too but not now. I wouldn't give you a linkedin invite if you begged me.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC East has had a representative in 9 of the last 12 AFCCGs since the conference expanded to 4 divisions.

And how many of those times was it the Pats?

You kinda just proved the point that the AFCE is cake.

When you take a hard look at it...

The Ravens won the SB last year.

The Steelers made it there in 2010, and won it in '08. The Ravens were a WC team that year.

The Bengals have made the playoffs the last 3 years.

Now let's look at the AFCE...

The Pats went to the SB in 2011.

In 2010 both Jets and Pats made the post season.

The 'Fins made the post season in '08.

Simply put, your division is dominated by one team whereas the AFCN isn't dominated by anyone. It rotates between the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals.

You have the easiest schedule every year and the tough games you have, you always seem to play at home.

When was the last time you played in Denver, for example?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that's why the Patriots haven't won a SB in 10 years.
= I got nothing.

and they get really angry, really fast.

Well you dirty bastard, just when I was about to add you to my X-mas card e-list.

..and linkedin too but not now. I wouldn't give you a linkedin invite if you begged me.

Why do you go to all the trouble of specially formatting the quoted text instead of just using the fuckin Quote button? Is it your little trademark or something? Or are you just scared to click the Quote button?

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BZ9CoMbCQAARhGj.jpg

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Payton Manning lah blah blah Titans blah blah blah Titans blah blah Titans blah blah Peyton Manning and the Titans." - Pats fan deflecting attention and not answering the question because they're embarrassed.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many of those times was it the Pats?

You kinda just proved the point that the AFCE is cake.

When you take a hard look at it...

The Ravens won the SB last year.

The Steelers made it there in 2010, and won it in '08. The Ravens were a WC team that year.

The Bengals have made the playoffs the last 3 years.

Now let's look at the AFCE...

The Pats went to the SB in 2011.

In 2010 both Jets and Pats made the post season.

The 'Fins made the post season in '08.

Simply put, your division is dominated by one team whereas the AFCN isn't dominated by anyone. It rotates between the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals.

You have the easiest schedule every year and the tough games you have, you always seem to play at home.

None of your teams were consistently good. One team being consistently good enough to dominate is not inferior to multiple teams having ups and downs. It has been demonstrated that the three losing teams had the same amount of success as the three losing teams in your division over the last few years. You're welcome to look further, but the numbers stay roughly the same. The AFC east bottom three teams each year stack up favorably against most to all divisions in out of division play, and they have done so consistently.

The schedule for 100 years from now, including who plays home and away, is formulaically determined right now. The patriots have played a couple in a row at home versus Denver, and the years before that, they played that champion on the road for a couple.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer italics to address something specific. The concept isn't tough nor the task all that cumbersome.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Vick:

[ame]http://twitter.com/MikeVick/status/423236115446116352[/ame]

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Nantz of CBS:

(On the Tom Brady-Peyton Manning rivalry)
Nantz: I think it transcends the NFL. This is something everyone wants to see. This is tantamount to Ali-Frazier one more time. This is Palmer-Nicklaus. This is Bird-Magic. I’m not trying to create some sort of synthetic drama here, but this is what it is. This is as big as it gets. We’re going to savor it because you don’t know how many more times we’ll get it again. You say Brady-Manning, I defy anyone to say there is anything that has been bigger in this league.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do bold at least so replies to you are more readable? :nod:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boomer Esiason:
"I think really what speaks to the greatness of both of these quarterbacks, they both have, along with Bill Belichick, and I’m sure John Fox says this as well, a Ph.D. in high-level thought processes that give them the opportunity to make these championship games each year."

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahaha, do you even understand how Non-Division scheduling works? Is your Wiki not working today?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's lost two Superbowls. That's something Bradshaw, Montana & Aikman never did. Therefore in my book he can't be the best QB of All Time.
So if a QB misses the playoffs all together, or loses in the wild card, divisional, or conference championship games, it somehow makes them better than losing in the Super Bowl? Please explain that logic.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee newspaper:

"this (Sunday) has the potential to be about as good a day as American sports gets.
The obvious pairing is New England at Denver, which is actually Tom Brady at Peyton Manning in one of those showdowns that has become as electrifying as Bird-Magic, Palmer-Nicklaus, Russell-Chamberlain, Federer-Nadal.
So let Peyton win to reach a third Super Bowl and possibly go on to claim a second Lombardi Trophy as Super Bowl champ and serious talk will begin about Manning possibly being the best ever, better than Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana and Dan Marino...

On the other hand, should Brady guide the Pats to yet another Super Bowl and he'll almost certainly become known as the best quarterback of his generation, not unlike Montana in his ability to raise his game when it matters most.
Naturally, all arguments for Brady should include the fact that he plays for Bill Belichick, who is once again looking like the smartest guy in any NFL room after the way New England dismantled Indianapolis on Saturday.
If former Green Bay quarterback Bart Starr is somehow diminished in "Best Ever" arguments because he played under the unmatched Vince Lombardi, perhaps Brady should carry a similar asterisk
San Fran's Sunday night trip to Seattle for the NFC crown could equal if not surpass Patriots-Broncos...But regardless of who wins the NFC, the Super Bowl storyline will be about the AFC champ's quarterback, whether it be Brady or Manning."

Last edited by a moderator:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"An irony about the Brady-Manning comparison: If Wes Welker drops another potential touchdown pass as he did in the Broncos' Sunday win over San Diego, he'll have a hand in watering down both quarterbacks' resumes, since his drop of a Brady pass against the Giants in the Super Bowl a few years ago is the only reason Brady isn't already up there with Montana"

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when does winning the AFCE mean you get a 1st rd bye? I thought it meant you got into the playoffs as a top 4 seed? You get a bye when you have a better record, and that means beating other teams. I agree the AFCE has been week, but is that NE fault?

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fan in the NFL openly admits this except for Patriots fans. Why? It embarrasses them when they ponder their annual free ticket to a 1st-round bye.

The Patriots in any other division in football? No playoffs.
You realize the Patriots play 10 out of their 16 games outside of their division right? Just like any other team? You realize since the divisions aligned to what they are now, the Patriots have made the playoffs 10 times and have a winning percentage of .780 against teams outside of their division, which would be an average of 12.48 wins per season? But yeah, they wouldn't make the playoffs in any other division. Laughable.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when does winning the AFCE mean you get a 1st rd bye? I thought it meant you got into the playoffs as a top 4 seed? You get a bye when you have a better record, and that means beating other teams. I agree the AFCE has been week, but is that NE fault?
I can understand if the Patriots have dominated their division while being much worse outside of their division. However, the Patriots have an .817 winning percentage in their division since the realignment in seasons they have made the playoffs and a .780 winning percentage outside of their division. Also, since they nearly always win the division, they always have to face the best of each of the other divisions in their conference the next season.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"An irony about the Brady-Manning comparison: If Wes Welker drops another potential touchdown pass as he did in the Broncos' Sunday win over San Diego, he'll have a hand in watering down both quarterbacks' resumes, since his drop of a Brady pass against the Giants in the Super Bowl a few years ago is the only reason Brady isn't already up there with Montana"
I know you're just quoting people. But that last sentence is a really silly thing to say. The only reason the Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl is a dropped pass by Welker? Last time I checked, Tom Brady and the offense scored just 17 points that game.